Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Recommend Me A Router!

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Thats great, thanks for explaining it all, makes alot more sense now

  2. #22
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Thank you all!

  3. #23

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Option 1 : Starhub Point --> Starhub Modem --(RJ45)--> Desktop or Laptop (wired only)
    * only allow 1 device connected via wired connection


    Option 2 : Starhub Point --> Starhub Modem --(RJ45)--> Wireless Broadband Router --( wired or wireless )--> Desktop or Laptop
    * If you subscribe to Starhub 100M plan, you need wired or fast wireless (N) to get optimise speed
    else like 8M or lower plan, wireless (N) only provide better coverage and speed still cap to 8M for Internet surfing

    In layman term, if you are staying in HDB and subscribe to 8M or lower plan, G wireless is good enough.
    Last edited by megaweb; 18th March 2008 at 10:08 AM.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    For those interested ive ended up just getting the apple time capsule! Its got the wifi hard disk for wireless backup and built in wireless router. My connection speed seems to have tripled over night which is fantastic, and I have yet to be disconnected! Touch wood, that problems over!
    Last edited by wildstallion; 18th March 2008 at 01:29 PM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    For those interested ive ended up just getting the apple time machine! Its got the wifi hard disk for wireless backup and built in wireless router. My connection speed seems to have tripled over night which is fantastic, and I have yet to be disconnected! Touch wood, that problems over!
    Pardon my queries, you are using mac?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Pardon my queries, you are using mac?
    Mac and PC!

  7. #27
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Mac and PC!
    I think it should be time capsule....time machines is a backup software in Leopard.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    I think it should be time capsule....time machines is a backup software in Leopard.
    Opps, sorry, thats what I meant! My bad! haha, time capsule!

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    you are prob benefitting from the N signal. My surfing speed noticeably sped up when I change my router too.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    you are prob benefitting from the N signal. My surfing speed noticeably sped up when I change my router too.
    Yeah, its got the new N thingy. Shocked at how much faster it really is! I thought it was good before, but now! Very happy I changed

  11. #31
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    I want to change to time capsule due to its ability to back up system and wireless N. But hesitated because I need to get additional ADSL modem.

    I am thinking of redo my wireless network(currently running G), but fear of the hot spots in my HDB flat will reduce the speed (Old flat, not like the new ones with phone port in every room). Any recommendation for a N ADSL or cable modem....currently, I pull a phone line from the living room to my room. ...like running Matrix.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  12. #32
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Yeah, its got the new N thingy. Shocked at how much faster it really is! I thought it was good before, but now! Very happy I changed
    Glad to hear that.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    I want to change to time capsule due to its ability to back up system and wireless N. But hesitated because I need to get additional ADSL modem.

    I am thinking of redo my wireless network(currently running G), but fear of the hot spots in my HDB flat will reduce the speed (Old flat, not like the new ones with phone port in every room). Any recommendation for a N ADSL or cable modem....currently, I pull a phone line from the living room to my room. ...like running Matrix.
    Come meet me at Cityhall tomorrow and I can show you a few options not to mention funan is nearby too

  14. #34
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Come meet me at Cityhall tomorrow and I can show you a few options :devils: not to mention funan is nearby too
    ON YOU! ....What time, pm me leh. ...Remember to bring additional 2 gig CF card for your favourite ******.....
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    ON YOU! ....What time, pm me leh. ...Remember to bring additional 2 gig CF card for your favourite ******.....
    tomorrow I bring HDD, this time got to put it in my bag before I got to sleep. oh yeah, got prawn bring prawn ok?

    630 la easiest. same place.

  16. #36
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    tomorrow I bring HDD, this time got to put it in my bag before I got to sleep.

    630 la easiest. same place.
    Set! Coffee and Cheesecake on you?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Set! Coffee and Cheesecake on you?
    me now poor man, dont bully me. I am still on water and air diet for the next few months leh.

  18. #38
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    me now poor man, dont bully me. I am still on water and air diet for the next few months leh.
    Not like you. ....must be D3 fault. ....see you tomorrow then.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  19. #39

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    Belkin wireless N router.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Recommend Me A Router!

    draytek
    zyxel
    buffalo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •