It became unbearable that I have to just reply to that particular thread.
Surely photography is that..
1) we try to capture an expession (joy, sadness or loss) which we can never capture without cosplayer help in a photo take.
2) we look for an engaging eyes, a look in the lens which we again cannot do so without cosplayer help.
3) we frame the posture a pose which we cannot do so without cosplayer consent.
4) we like to have cospalyer at a nice place with good background, which we can never move them against their will.
5) we love models for they can pose a nice posture for us to get a 10K picture shot and we love cosplayer for they bring the breath of a comic character to real life.
Hope i stand up for the passion... and the vouyuers with cameras... that is not photography loh.. period!