Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographers getting the rap again?

Default Re: Photographers getting the rap again?

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    You organise cosplay for others to appreciate, not for photogs mah.

Photography fees is to deter "free-for-all" orgy by restricting photogs. Some of those cosplayers are stressed out with constant photography...even models/talents have rest.
    Restriction of flash is because they are not talents/models anyway, why must they suffer paparazzi cams flashing.

Third point is just joking lah... but the idea is to have sufficient distance between photogs and cosplayers.
    If charge "photography fee" then there will be a "since I paid, I'm ENTITLED to shoot" mentality. The situation will be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality View Post
    If charge "photography fee" then there will be a "since I paid, I'm ENTITLED to shoot" mentality. The situation will be much worse.

depends on the T&C too right?

You pay for photography fee (a right to take photos at a certain event)... it does not mean you are entitled to be almighty.

Juz like you pay to see F1, that doesn't mean you can see the race on the tracks...right?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    depends on the T&C too right?

You pay for photography fee (a right to take photos at a certain event)... it does not mean you are entitled to be almighty.

Juz like you pay to see F1, that doesn't mean you can see the race on the tracks...right?
    ask you ar..

if a guy is unreasonable in one aspect, is it only natural to assume that he will be unreasonable, insensitive even when bound under a legal contract unless you keep flashing it in his face?

perhaps yes, it depends on the t&c, but i think we have always encountered many problems with regards to deliberate misunderstanding of contracts/agreements in our lives. as with any human-related event/factor, you can never, ever trust humans to follow rules/terms to a t

so maybe the contract may solve some problems.. believe me, it will uproot new ones as well. soon we will have cosplayers kbing about how photographers never follow t&c

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ask you ar..

if a guy is unreasonable in one aspect, is it only natural to assume that he will be unreasonable, insensitive even when bound under a legal contract unless you keep flashing it in his face?

perhaps yes, it depends on the t&c, but i think we have always encountered many problems with regards to deliberate misunderstanding of contracts/agreements in our lives. as with any human-related event/factor, you can never, ever trust humans to follow rules/terms to a t

so maybe the contract may solve some problems.. believe me, it will uproot new ones as well. soon we will have cosplayers kbing about how photographers never follow t&c

I can't say what the exact implementation will be, but in principle it's to hold the photogs accountable for their actions. If not, they might be asked to leave the venue, regardless that they have already paid to shoot.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

When business at "Services Offered / Wanted" section is bad, photographers turn to events to shoot for FOC/TFCD... Typical Singaporeans... Understood...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

I ena buang by their equiment many times already and these photog happily rush and shoot,becoming so oblivious of their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    When business at "Services Offered / Wanted" section is bad, photographers turn to events to shoot for FOC/TFCD... Typical Singaporeans... Understood...
    MORE LIKE A CASE OF FOC EVENTS...
    Tsk tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    I ena buang by their equiment many times already and these photog happily rush and shoot,becoming so oblivious of their actions.
    I just kena by 2 obnoxious CSers that day.

Saw 1 kid wif nice painted faces, ask mum can shoot or not, got permission already, I only trigger 1 frame, suddenly 2 CSers behind me turn around and push me and fire away. Din' even apologise.
    Then as fast as they appeared, they turned around back into normal position, as if nothing happened like dat.

I somehow wish I can post their pics here. But I'm sure the mods will remove the post, just like wat happened to my ladder gang pic last time.

Saw 1 kid wif nice painted faces, ask mum can shoot or not, got permission already, I only trigger 1 frame, suddenly 2 CSers behind me turn around and push me and fire away. Din' even apologise.
    Then as fast as they appeared, they turned around back into normal position, as if nothing happened like dat.

I somehow wish I can post their pics here. But I'm sure the mods will remove the post, just like wat happened to my ladder gang pic last time.

well, if they're caught in the act, non defamatory or degrading in nature. I don't think its much of a problem.

but i somehow think the pic of the people might be some 'infamous' character... u wanna risk it?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Shame the buggers. It's getting from bad to worse.

There are photographers out there who are a regular sight for sore eyes. And it's been spilling over into the cosplay community.

What do they think it is? Freefire zone? Get a life lah.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    well, if they're caught in the act, non defamatory or degrading in nature. I don't think its much of a problem.

but i somehow think the pic of the people might be some 'infamous' character... u wanna risk it?
    Do I smell a hint of immunity for certain individuals here? If they've done something that's been a nail in someone's back, too bad for them.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

They should have made it a closed door event in which only cos players or invited photographers can attend. A known event especially in CS definitely will get attention from lots of tom, dick and harry photographers.

btw, i'm tom..... not!

Then as fast as they appeared, they turned around back into normal position

, as if nothing happened like dat.

I think what u met were not photographers..NARUTO maybe??
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    Bring a heavy gitzo and hold firm to it on up rushing people...confirm shoik..
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    Do I smell a hint of immunity for certain individuals here? If they've done something that's been a nail in someone's back, too bad for them.
    nope, just that sometimes it may equate to defamation... perhaps censor the eye and try not to use words that are defamatory or degrading in nature...

Ya know, most of the time, people get carried away, and they post pic of the guy in question, and say something like 'animal in male/female' or 'intellectually challenged'... if u get what i mean...

so they might end up getting a lawsuit, and its gonna make alot of work for us to submit IPs etc, makes it a very ugly sight, hence we just remove it just in case.

But if you guys are civil, i don't see why not... (purely my stand, not of any others)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    nope, just that sometimes it may equate to defamation... perhaps censor the eye and try not to use words that are defamatory or degrading in nature...

Ya know, most of the time, people get carried away, and they post pic of the guy in question, and say something like 'animal in male/female' or 'intellectually challenged'... if u get what i mean...

so they might end up getting a lawsuit, and its gonna make alot of work for us to submit IPs etc, makes it a very ugly sight, hence we just remove it just in case.

But if you guys are civil, i don't see why not... (purely my stand, not of any others)
    Well, you've got a valid point there. There's always a chance of a fiery witch-hunt claiming innocent parties all the time...

Oh well.

All these problems could be easily avoided if people were simply a little more courteous and considerate. It's a problem of upbringing, conditioning and conscious, selfish choices.

Deregistered

After reading all this next time If I am going to attend such a event I will not shoot the subject but Try to catch those ' seow on or rude photographer' in action. Tin tat will be more fun... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by excelglsi View Post
    After reading all this next time If I am going to attend such a event I will not shoot the subject but Try to catch those ' seow on or rude photographer' in action. Tin tat will be more fun... hehe
    What event? Post on the "Exhibitions and Events" leh... See see look look...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Quote Originally Posted by NMSS_2 View Post
    They should have made it a closed door event in which only cos players or invited photographers can attend. A known event especially in CS definitely will get attention from lots of tom, dick and harry photographers.

btw, i'm tom..... not!
    This is the most sensible suggestion so far. But of coz photogs will be on the losing end. Too bad. Coz of some irresponsible idiots, the rest suffer...

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    All these problems could be easily avoided if people were simply a little more courteous and considerate. It's a problem of upbringing, conditioning and conscious, selfish choices.
    All these recent happenings have made me think twice b4 going for such events. Maybe its just better to bring yourself or go with friends, sans camera, and enjoy the event w/o joining the mad crowd of clickers.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast