Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Need help from pros..

  1. #1

    Default Need help from pros..

    Hi fella newbs and all the lao jiaos out there-

    How was this picture taken? I like the blinding light in the bg that shoots directly into the camera lens.. but this way wont they kana the flare effect? seems like its controlled quite well here. also, wat is the PP effect on it? I like the colours..

    Canon 40D, 10-22, 35, 70-200
    http://theserialhobbyist.multiply.com

  2. #2

    Default Re: Need help from pros..

    Quote Originally Posted by munkey View Post
    Hi fella newbs and all the lao jiaos out there-

    How was this picture taken? I like the blinding light in the bg that shoots directly into the camera lens.. but this way wont they kana the flare effect? seems like its controlled quite well here. also, wat is the PP effect on it? I like the colours..
    It did flare quite a bit, didn't it? Colours probably desaturated and tinted.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Need help from pros..

    looks more like pp than real light coming through.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Need help from pros..

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    looks more like pp than real light coming through.
    I think it's a softbox behind an opening on the wall. It should be real because it illuminated the hair.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 17th March 2008 at 05:29 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Need help from pros..

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    looks more like pp than real light coming through.
    I doubt so... Notice how the shadow falls on the wall, it tells you that there's light coming from the back. Most likely there's a fill-in light with lower f-value from the front...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  6. #6

    Default Re: Need help from pros..

    Very informative discussion on the subject as well as the lighting used. Reminds me of a math question! Algebra anybody?

    Hmm so partially desat + tint = this effect? Looks a little like sepia anyway.. to me at least
    Canon 40D, 10-22, 35, 70-200
    http://theserialhobbyist.multiply.com

  7. #7

    Default Re: Need help from pros..

    Quote Originally Posted by munkey View Post
    Very informative discussion on the subject as well as the lighting used. Reminds me of a math question! Algebra anybody?

    Hmm so partially desat + tint = this effect? Looks a little like sepia anyway.. to me at least
    Sepia will be total desat and will not have anymore colour information.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Need help from pros..

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    I think it's a softbox behind an opening on the wall. It should be real because it illuminated the hair.
    i think it could be snoot from the top, juding by how the shadow falls. the light source from the back isn't really lighting up the whole square ....

  9. #9

    Default Re: Need help from pros..

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    I doubt so... Notice how the shadow falls on the wall, it tells you that there's light coming from the back. Most likely there's a fill-in light with lower f-value from the front...
    probably but the light sources seems to be rather uneven in the output to look like real lights.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Need help from pros..

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    probably but the light sources seems to be rather uneven in the output to look like real lights.
    Th unevenness is due to flare. The actual source has already blown out the upper limits of the sensor (doesn't look like film to me).

  11. #11

    Default Re: Need help from pros..

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Th unevenness is due to flare. The actual source has already blown out the upper limits of the sensor.
    mmm ... oic ....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •