Thread: Is any other film compatible with Polaroid 600 cameras?

Default Is any other film compatible with Polaroid 600 cameras?

I was wondering whether Fuji has an Instax product, specifically, that is compatible with existing Polaroid 600 systems or whether I should rush out and stock up on all the Polaroid I can, like, RIGHT NOW

I might have a chance to get my hands on a Polaroid back for a Bronica SQ system and wouldn't mind trying it out, although I do know that if this is really the end of all Polaroid instant film, the back may become a useful shelf ornament in the years to come.

Default Re: Is any other film compatible with Polaroid 600 cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by sloth View Post
    I was wondering whether Fuji has an Instax product, specifically, that is compatible with existing Polaroid 600 systems or whether I should rush out and stock up on all the Polaroid I can, like, RIGHT NOW

I might have a chance to get my hands on a Polaroid back for a Bronica SQ system and wouldn't mind trying it out, although I do know that if this is really the end of all Polaroid instant film, the back may become a useful shelf ornament in the years to come.
    Fujifilm FP-100C actually replaces one of the Polaroid series for use on MF backs but I don't think it's the Polaroid 600.

Interesting I'll check up further on it. It would be great to have an alternative that fits and works!

Wah, swee....... Polaroid may be on its way out - but I still have an option for instant film!

I found the answer......YES.....the Bronica SQ backs can take Fuji's instant FP100C product. With the demise of Polaroid I think Fuji's sales of this film are going to be huge because it's THE alternative.

It's a peel-apart, not an integral film, but it should work just fine.

Luckily I got my SQ-B (just arrived last weekend)

Thanks for your help

http://www.buonaluce.com/Polabacks.pdf <-- PDF file

Quote Originally Posted by sloth View Post
    Wah, swee....... Polaroid may be on its way out - but I still have an option for instant film!

I found the answer......YES.....the Bronica SQ backs can take Fuji's instant FP100C product. With the demise of Polaroid I think Fuji's sales of this film are going to be huge because it's THE alternative.

It's a peel-apart, not an integral film, but it should work just fine.

Luckily I got my SQ-B (just arrived last weekend)

Thanks for your help

http://www.buonaluce.com/Polabacks.pdf <-- PDF file
    The Polaroid is also a peel apart for polaroid backs. (Can't remember the number though. I think it's Polaroid 200 series or something like that, just can't be bothered with Polaroid.) And believe me, the colours you get from the Fuji instant prints are WAY WAY WAY better than that you get with Polaroid.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 20th March 2008 at 11:42 AM.

Hi,

Just read this, really helpful but can I clarify?

I have a regular polaroid camera, that takes 600 and 700 film. It isn't a camera with a polaroid back or anything -just a regular polaroid camera.

Can I use this with the fuji film? If so, which one?

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by thealg View Post
    Hi,

I have a regular polaroid camera, that takes 600 and 700 film. It isn't a camera with a polaroid back or anything -just a regular polaroid camera.

Thanks so much!
    Call up fuji and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by thealg View Post
    Hi,

Thanks so much!
    I don't think so dude...

You have to have a polaroid back or a Fuji instax camera.
    f/8 and be there.

I've got a polaroid 636. Just wondering if i can also use the alternative films that you guys are talking about? Also, how much do they cost? I presume they'd be more expensive since they're pretty much a monopoly?

Quote Originally Posted by angelagaq View Post
    I've got a polaroid 636. Just wondering if i can also use the alternative films that you guys are talking about? Also, how much do they cost? I presume they'd be more expensive since they're pretty much a monopoly?
    No alternative, only polaroid 600 series