Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Bounce Card, Omni-Bounce or Flash Diffuser u guys use for ur Nikon Flash?

Default Re: What Bounce Card, Omni-Bounce or Flash Diffuser u guys use for ur Nikon Flash?

pictureS???? heeeee
    *~EDMW behkan Photography club~* Visit My Gallery!

Default Re: What Bounce Card, Omni-Bounce or Flash Diffuser u guys use for ur Nikon Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by woonsin View Post
    If u have enough budget to buy diffuser, it is ok.

For me, I cannot spend on diffuser due to my tight budget bec I already bought K20D.
    For DIY Bounce card, I spent only $4 on foam sheet and black duct tapes and made 2 bouce cards that i lent to my friend and for myself. This bounce card works well with my flash.
    any picture of ur final product? =D
    *~EDMW behkan Photography club~* Visit My Gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by Dearboy87 View Post
    any picture of ur final product? =D
    Hi, guys, thank to my friend who informed me recently because I was too busy to see them.

Ok, here's my DIY. Hope this image will give you idea and you can do your own creative DIY better than my DIY....

DIY bounce and diffuser

a update of my bounce card and diffuser http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=339826&page=2
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

Sorry, didn't see your post until just now.

Here are some quick shots:

I typically use it this way since I rarely shoot in portrait orientation:

Peter Gregg recommends that you mount it this way:

And here's a picture of the speedlight tilted when you're shooting in portrait orientation:

Happy shooting!

Just use a think slice of tissue paper over the flash la

Anyway I use a old SB22
    Last edited by jonathan_wong; 25th March 2008 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woonsin View Post
    Better buy Foam sheet and black duct tape (covering side) from Daiso (Plaza Singapura or Vivo city).

U can read this link that can give you idea how to make homemade diffuser? I already made 2 sheets and found these good enough for my cheap external flash.

http://www.abetterbouncecard.com/

Hope that help you.
    Do you have the dimensions or sample paper with the dimensions or anything that I can print out and cut accordingly?

THanks!!
    G

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla60 View Post
    Do you have the dimensions or sample paper with the dimensions or anything that I can print out and cut accordingly?

THanks!!
    i believe if you visit the betterbouncecard site, there's a template with dimensions you can download.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_wong View Post
    Just use a think slice of tissue paper over the flash la

Anyway I use a old SB22
    don't allow the tissue paper to stick to the flash surface as it can get hot enough to 'burn' the tissue.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    i believe if you visit the betterbouncecard site, there's a template with dimensions you can download.

i thought so too....but could not find it there......
    G

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla60 View Post
    i thought so too....but could not find it there......
    seems he has removed the link to the template. however, if you watch video # 1, he explains in detail how to make one.

i just use my name card from my wallet.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

since the topic did not specific which flash its refering to, i do have a question for the pop-up flash on the d80. is it even worth the time and money on a budgeted basis to get those diffuser shield that fits ard the camera infront of the pop up flash to get the diffuser effect?

Quote Originally Posted by glenncain View Post
    since the topic did not specific which flash its refering to, i do have a question for the pop-up flash on the d80. is it even worth the time and money on a budgeted basis to get those diffuser shield that fits ard the camera infront of the pop up flash to get the diffuser effect?
    any diffusion or bounce material deployed will 'eat' up your battery juice and light output but diffuse light is always better than 'naked' light.

you should also think about the lens that you are using with the pop up flash.

or you could buy a pack of 3x5inch white cards from the stationary stores. like those used by students for writing important notes for reference but get the unprinted/plain ones.

maybe can try the coloured ones for special effects.

you can even fold it to get a 'flip-it' effect.
    Last edited by jfoo; 28th May 2008 at 12:40 PM.

A Better Bounce Card- 2xA4 cut and taped together, held by Velcro.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    seems he has removed the link to the template. however, if you watch video # 1, he explains in detail how to make one.
    Here's a pattern that is quite nice :
    snook's diffuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12