Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why Singaporeans cannot move far

Default Re: Why Singaporeans cannot move far

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    Bcos you are a visitor that's why got good treatment?
    In Japan there is a proverb:

"Every man walks into the shop is a visitor.
    Every man walks out of the shop is a thief."

Hence cannot put purchase in the pocket and walk out without a box one.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    tell me about that man! i bought 2 bottles of cookies at this dessert shop at my neighbourhood. they came in plastic bottles, i told the staff i'll be putting them in my luggage and was afraid they'll get crushed. the staff asked if i had the time to wait a while, and she meticulously wrapped the bottles in a hard cardboard box (meant for other merchandise) with lovely straw cushions, complete with a nice ribbon and some bubble wraps over the box. all these at absolutely no extra charge
    In Japan there is a proverb:

"Crushed Cookies are Worse than Crushed Nuts."

Hence have to protect cookie bottles in cardbox box one.
    Last edited by Sion; 18th March 2008 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    Bcos you are a visitor that's why got good treatment?
    Yes you are right. Do we treat our visitors alike?

i tot its a thread abt career. yah, service industry can't move far (up) cos remuneration not attractive, hrs can b soo long. on top of these co standard training oso mayb not v "world class", "upstairs" jus seem to focus on e bottomline, leave frontline staff to take care of themselves & often "soldiers all die liao" left a few gd folks? den some (royal) customers want everything their way...

yah, i work in this industry. any1 like to join in da fun?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i tot its a thread abt career. yah, service industry can't move far (up) cos remuneration not attractive, hrs can b soo long. on top of these co standard training oso mayb not v "world class", "upstairs" jus seem to focus on e bottomline, leave frontline staff to take care of themselves & often "soldiers all die liao" left a few gd folks? den some (royal) customers want everything their way...

yah, i work in this industry. any1 like to join in da fun?
    Every industry depends on service. Customers will remember you and return. Money is never enough.
    I am not in the service industry but the customer demand is the same.

There are people who are satisfied with $600/month(service industry) and there people who demand more even they make millions of dollars. So.....?

Be happy, less money buy less lens, less holiday but stay healthy and be positive.

Wake up and everyday is a happy day and thank everybody that you are still alive!

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Next time visit "Fish & Co" Singapura plaza branch. Last year my wife bought a small cake along to celebrate my birthday there. The staff was so nice, When he saw the cake, he offered to keep it in the fridge for us till we finish our dinner, den he bought it out, light candles and even gave me a complimentary ice-cream with sparkles. It really made our day. Den He took out a polaroid, snap a photo for us and gave it to me. He even use my DSLR to help us take a few family photo. His photography skill quite good too.
    that is standard fish and co practice..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Well, most countries that is heavily Chinese populated usually have terrible service as well. Specially when it comes to restaurants.
    I assume hong kong is mainly chinese populated?
    I find HK service standards there so much better than sg.

I assume taiwan is mainly chinese populated?
    taipei and taizhong left me some great impressions.

There are other parts which are heavily chinese populated like shanghai, guangzhou, KL, JB to name a few and I find all the service standards there way over what I can find in sg. Although sometimes the staff might be unattentive but many of those i cam across would apologise when they come along and do MORE THAN what they were expected. There is no way the staff could have known I wasn't a local and gave me special attention.

Walk into any Orchard road shop and do you get that feeling of leaving a shop happier because of the service standards? I know I don't
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    ... just a personal experience of your own and u said WHOLE ENTIRE COUNTRY CANNOT MOVE FAR LIAO this sound very serious to our country's future.

hey... i had a better suggestion.. every Wed at various CCs.. there is a Meet The People Session ! u may bring this issue out to the various MP presented down there.
    Hey, that's about as effective as ranting to the ST Forums, which has been filled with all too banal issues lately lah..
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    ....Walk into any Orchard road shop and do you get that feeling of leaving a shop happier because of the service standards? I know I don't
    I don't know why every time I walk out of an Orchard shop I feel empty. Empty both in my pockets and emotionally.

I don't think I feel happier. But my wife does.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Every industry depends on service. Customers will remember you and return. Money is never enough.
    I am not in the service industry but the customer demand is the same.

There are people who are satisfied with $600/month(service industry) and there people who demand more even they make millions of dollars. So.....?

Be happy, less money buy less lens, less holiday but stay healthy and be positive.

Wake up and everyday is a happy day and thank everybody that you are still alive!

erh, i cant agree all customers r equally demanding, how u conclude customer demand is e same. same as wad?

being alive does not equate to happiness. oh well, this thread was not started by a v happy person (no pun intended), neither r most rant threads. i still remember threads by lonely (or pretending to b) folks near V. Day here not tt long ago.

outstanding service cannot jus come from a particular individual, for truely exceptional service depend on the whole company focusing on customer satisfaction to make e diff.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    erh, i cant agree all customers r equally demanding, how u conclude customer demand is e same. same as wad?

being alive does not equate to happiness. oh well, this thread was not started by a v happy person (no pun intended), neither r most rant threads. i still remember threads by lonely (or pretending to b) folks near V. Day here not tt long ago.

outstanding service cannot jus come from a particular individual, for truely exceptional service depend on the whole company focusing on customer satisfaction to make e diff.
    I agree with you whole heartedly. When I refer to customers' demand, I am referring to the Bell Curve.... there is always the other 2 ends... e.g. 5% each

It is up to the individual... if you choose to be happy when you are alive. It is your choice.

I must also agree with you that it must be a total approach. Good service depends on all. Make it a culture and make it big!

I assume hong kong is mainly chinese populated?
    I find HK service standards there so much better than sg.

I assume taiwan is mainly chinese populated?
    taipei and taizhong left me some great impressions.

There are other parts which are heavily chinese populated like shanghai, guangzhou, KL, JB to name a few and I find all the service standards there way over what I can find in sg. Although sometimes the staff might be unattentive but many of those i cam across would apologise when they come along and do MORE THAN what they were expected. There is no way the staff could have known I wasn't a local and gave me special attention.

Walk into any Orchard road shop and do you get that feeling of leaving a shop happier because of the service standards? I know I don't
    I been to many parts of taiwan and hong kong, plus china and when it comes to services in the food industry all of them are terrible. And I'm not saying just ONE restaurant or cafe, it's almost all of them. The same can be said about major shopping centers as well.

I been to many parts of taiwan and hong kong, plus china and when it comes to services in the food industry all of them are terrible. And I'm not saying just ONE restaurant or cafe, it's almost all of them. The same can be said about major shopping centers as well.
    You're not an Ang Moh?

Either you are "sway" or you had gone to the "ah b***" kind of cafe or your expectation is way too high. Gone to the same place too, didn't encounter much problem. It takes two hands to clap.
    D300 & P5100 :bsmilie:

I just came back from a short relaxing vacation in Malaysia and I have to say it has been a most satisfying experience from the street hawker stall to the nicest shopping malls. Friendly, great service that's genuine that makes me want to keep coming back.

As the 3rd most expensive city in Asia behind Tokyo and Seoul, Singapore has unfortunately lagged behind compared to our other Asian countries service wise. Not cheap + poor service is a lousy combination.

I find Robinsons service pretty decent...

personally I think the problem is deficient communications skills... as can be seen in the case mentioned at the start of the thread

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234