Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TFCD/does model have the right to demand more pictures?

Default Re: TFCD/does model have the right to demand more pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Yep, dont give out the CMI photos. Tell the girl - when you go for a dinner, don't you put on makeup and wear ur best dress? You keep the CMI outfits at home rite? Li kewise for photography.
    i like this comment
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

vince123123
    Guests

*grin*. I use the same tagline when models ask me to give RAW pics without editing :P

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    i like this comment

from the link: http://www.wolfkettler.co.uk/models/tfcd/tfcd.html

It is not in your interest to receive a copy of every photograph taken. The photographer should take the time to edit the photos and only give you a selection of the best. You do not have the expertise to select the right images from a large collection.

Digital or print, a good photograph requires work after it has been taken - and I don't mean digital trickery on a mediocre picture. If you are presented with a CD immediately after the shoot, the photographer has not had the time to do any post-production work on the images (or could not be bothered or did not know how to).

No self-respecting photographer wants to release photos that are anything but perfect. From a large number of photographs taken during a shoot, only a few will meet the demanding criteria a photographer should impose on himself (or herself). Many photos from a shoot are just not good enough for a variety of reasons - technically, compositionally, pose-wise.

I know of people who think that just because a photograph is in focus and correctly exposed, it is a good photograph. Bless 'em.

If you are offered a copy of everything, you are working with a photographer who does not take (or does not know how to take) pride in his or her work. Not a good idea!
    My Models

from the link: http://www.wolfkettler.co.uk/models/tfcd/tfcd.html

It is not in your interest to receive a copy of every photograph taken. The photographer should take the time to edit the photos and only give you a selection of the best. You do not have the expertise to select the right images from a large collection.

Digital or print, a good photograph requires work after it has been taken - and I don't mean digital trickery on a mediocre picture. If you are presented with a CD immediately after the shoot, the photographer has not had the time to do any post-production work on the images (or could not be bothered or did not know how to).

No self-respecting photographer wants to release photos that are anything but perfect. From a large number of photographs taken during a shoot, only a few will meet the demanding criteria a photographer should impose on himself (or herself). Many photos from a shoot are just not good enough for a variety of reasons - technically, compositionally, pose-wise.

I know of people who think that just because a photograph is in focus and correctly exposed, it is a good photograph. Bless 'em.

If you are offered a copy of everything, you are working with a photographer who does not take (or does not know how to take) pride in his or her work. Not a good idea!
    Great sharing!

Brainless XXM 'Model wannabe': "Orrr ... OK ya lor. Err, so how ah, can give me mor photos or not? Why you so liddat? I pose so my photos WAD!!! I have WRIGHT U kno!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Great sharing!

Brainless XXM 'Model wannabe': "Orrr ... OK ya lor. Err, so how ah, can give me mor photos or not? Why you so liddat? I pose so my photos WAD!!! I have WRIGHT U kno!!!"
    Why dont u ask edison to shoot for u in many ways
    My Models

Why dont u ask edison to shoot for u in many ways
    Huh? Sorry, I don't understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Huh? Sorry, I don't understand...
    ask her to call edison chen to redo her pictures and portfolio
    My Models

Were there any agreement in black and white? Contract, sms, email etc? If no, ask her to fly kite.
    A camera cannot teach you how to see.

this might be useful to you. found this online while trying to understand what is TFCD.

http://wishardphotography.com/what_is_tfp_tfcd.htm

my last test shoot 2-3 weeks ago, i shot the model from 1pm to 6pm.
    i only gave her 5 pictures.

i think no model or agency ever remark i had to do otherwise. With the exception of 1 very inexperienced and cmi "model" who had to leave after 3 hr...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12