Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035404344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: HEAR HEAR! THIS IS ANFIELD!! - LFC THREAD no. 17!

Default Re: HEAR HEAR! THIS IS ANFIELD!! - LFC THREAD no. 17!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    not surrender lar, it is being betrayed. haha
    wa

raf999 pls pack up n leave at end of season.

together with the americans.

not sure if the DIC are any good... but hell.... not much choice do we?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wa

raf999 pls pack up n leave at end of season.

together with the americans.

not sure if the DIC are any good... but hell.... not much choice do we?
    we hamtum more toto and win lar. haha buy over liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    we hamtum more toto and win lar. haha buy over liverpool.
    need to win like 50times 10m hongbao draw.

need to win like 50times 10m hongbao draw.
    Dun think is enuf... 500m SGD onli le... think the cowboys calling for 500m GBP

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Dun think is enuf... 500m SGD onli le... think the cowboys calling for 500m GBP
    wa

i go play FM liao. hahahhaa

REDS WAITING ON TORRES SCANS

Liverpool will await the results of scans today on injuries sustained by top scorer Fernando Torres in the controversial 3-0 Barclays Premier League defeat at Manchester United.

The match was marred by the first-half red card for Javier Mascherano, after his protracted dissent in a confrontation with referee Steve Bennett.

Many suggested yesterday's dismissal was a product of the Ashley Cole incident in midweek at Spurs - when the Chelsea star showed dissent, and his back, to referee Mike Riley but received only a yellow card.

Bennett was the fourth official on the touchline at White Hart Lane that night.

It has emerged, however, that the root cause of Liverpool's anger and frustration at Old Trafford was the treatment meted out to Torres by United defenders.

Torres was taken off near the end - according to Reds boss Rafael Benitez, "to protect him", with the game already lost.

Wes Brown scored in the first period, with Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani adding late goals for the champions.

It was a great day for Sir Alex Ferguson's men, who are now five points clear at the top - following Arsenal's defeat at Chelsea yesterday.

But Benitez must now pick up the pieces before Sunday's Merseyside derby with Everton, whom Liverpool lead by two points in the race for fourth spot.

Mascherano will miss that match, serving a one-match ban.

Benitez said: "Torres had some knocks on his ribs and ankle - a lot of knocks and a lot of kicks. I was just trying to protect him. The doctors will do a scan, and we will see.

"Was I disappointed by intimidation of Torres? Maybe I should ask others for their opinion. I have my own opinion, which was very clear.

"We have seen a lot of things and we do not need to talk about problems with referees. It was very clear."

Benitez tried to defend Mascherano, who could even find himself the subject of further investigation by the Football Association for refusing to leave the pitch quickly.

"The player knows he has made a mistake - but in this kind of game to be sent off just for 'asking' I find a difficult decision to understand.

"I don't know whether it was anything to do with the Ashley Cole incident.

"Javier was sent off for dissent, but to be sent off for asking the official something is a surprise.

"He knows he made a mistake, but in a big game like this it is difficult to understand.

Ferguson was delighted with the victory.

On the sending-off, he said: "The boy had already been booked, and dissent is dissent. I feel he should not have got involved.

"He ran from centre-midfield to get involved with the referee. With things that happened in the week with the Ashley Cole incident, there is now a focus on dissent."

MASCHERANO FACING LENGTHY BAN

Javier Mascherano is set to be handed a lengthy ban after his demented reaction to being sent of during Liverpool's 3-0 defeat to Manchester United.

Already facing a one-match ban following his dismissal, the Argentine is likely to face severe sanction from the FA after he refused to accept Steve Bennett's decision and leave the pitch.

In scenes as ugly as those at White Hart Lane on Wednesday when Ashley Cole refused to turn around and face referee Mike Riley, it required the personal intervention of manager Rafa Benitez before Mascherano was finally placated. Even then, he had to accompanied by Liverpool's physio and substitute Peter Crouch as he continued to remonstrate with Bennett.

In a week in which the harassment of referees has been a hot topic, Mascherano's reaction could not have been worse timed. A charge of FA improper conduct is bound to be levelled at the midfielder with a lengthy ban seemingly inevitable.

While Benitez has continued to defend his player, Sir Alex Ferguson had no sympathy.

"Dissent is dissent," the Manchester United manager maintained. "I don't know why Mascherano came from central midfield to argue with the referee. With all the things that have happened this week with Ashley Cole, there has been a lot of attention on dissent and this was dissent."

REDS WAITING ON TORRES SCANS

."
    MASCHERANO FACING LENGTHY BAN

double blow

terrible ordeal.

its a bloody conspiracy.

That rubbish refree, kept ignoring Manure fouls on Torres, but happy to give Mascherano a straight yellow for his first foul and then a second yellow for smiling and asking why a yellow for Torres. All the refree did was gave chance after chance to the Manure players.

Refree Bennett Kelong!

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Refree Bennett Kelong!
    not Refree, where got free? the only free was the red card, buy 2 (yellow) get 1 red free

Ref(not free) Ref(kena bought) Ref(kayu) Ref(kelong)

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    That rubbish refree, kept ignoring Manure fouls on Torres, but happy to give Mascherano a straight yellow for his first foul and then a second yellow for smiling and asking why a yellow for Torres. All the refree did was gave chance after chance to the Manure players.

Refree Bennett Kelong!
    he will be punished.

hope MU palyers all kena injurned song song during international friendlies....

Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted View Post
    hope MU palyers all kena injurned song song during international friendlies....
    dont be that bad lah bro...let them boast for all i care...our days will come...walk on with hope in our hearts... we still have champions league remember? pity we play arse so early,coz LFC & arse make great final...but of course LFC & chelski make great semifinals too...hopefully 2005 repeats

I wonder if millions of Liverpool fans around the world set up yet another online protest and threaten to boycott all matches Steve Benett refereed, how would the FA or the referees react?

It has to get to the point where you punished a player for dissent and yet allow rough tactics to get on with the game. How can he, as a fair referee, get away with that? How can he, as a human being, allow bullying to happen?

It is so stupid that he allows his emotions to take the better of him by trying to stamp his authority in the game, but lose his credibility when under his charge players get injured.

Talk about the standard of refereeing. I think he should go back to the books.

Quote Originally Posted by zan82 View Post
    I wonder if millions of Liverpool fans around the world set up yet another online protest and threaten to boycott all matches Steve Benett refereed, how would the FA or the referees react?

It has to get to the point where you punished a player for dissent and yet allow rough tactics to get on with the game. How can he, as a fair referee, get away with that? How can he, as a human being, allow bullying to happen?

It is so stupid that he allows his emotions to take the better of him by trying to stamp his authority in the game, but lose his credibility when under his charge players get injured.

Talk about the standard of refereeing. I think he should go back to the books.
    i'm not sure that will happen but i'm very sure that back in the old Malaysia cup day,bennet will surely get those famous chants and ofcourse the chant after the hootings...i hope u all know what i mean...

Beep beep.

Beep beep beep.

Beep beep beep beep,

*****!

Bennett is sai, manure fanboy!

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    i'm not sure that will happen but i'm very sure that back in the old Malaysia cup day,bennet will surely get those famous chants and ofcourse the chant after the hootings...i hope u all know what i mean...
    he will probably have water bottles thrown at his head also

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    he will probably have water bottles thrown at his head also

even my friend who is a chelsea supporter also cannot tahan steve bennett

wonder what kind of letter will liverpool hardcore fans will send him? definitely not love letter!
    Games of Thrones.....

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035404344454647 ... LastLast