Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justifiable to buy EF-S 10-22mm?

Default Re: Justifiable to buy EF-S 10-22mm?

It's a good lens. Tried it out yesterday at J316 and the coverage at wide end is simply awesome, more landscape, or when you're in a tight place. If only the price isn't so awesome :P The Sigma 10-22 price is not too far off from the Canon one though, so maybe just skip a few more meals

I'd get it in a heartbeat if I were you. Apart from it being EF-S there's not much to not like about this lens. Image and build quality is good. If you buy 2nd hand and sell off after that you won't lose much, at most maybe 100 bucks? Chances are, the 10-22 is a lens you want to keep if you don't intend to move on to FF and will serve you well for years to come.

Your Alaska trip's probably once in a lifetime, don't let $100 get in your way. Likewise, a good set of filters, CPL to cut glare off especially with snow and some ND/Grad ND filters will go a long way towards your picture making. You can get a tianya set for filters if you're on a budget I think I've seen it somewhere under MO section.
    Canon EOS 66 | Kit Lens | Leung Sheung Wing Chun Singapore

Go get it, its image quality is in the class of the "L's" remember not stack the filters on the 10-22mm as it will cause vignetting. As for the CPL get the normal type as it does not cost vignetting on my 10-22mm ( I uses the B&W filters, bring your camera to try when you buy)the slim type cause too much problem for me as it don't have a proper lens cover. It is cheaper to buy it on the net with B&H or JR.com since you are in the US, could be even tax free.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Go get it, its image quality is in the class of the "L's" remember not stack the filters on the 10-22mm as it will cause vignetting. As for the CPL get the normal type as it does not cost vignetting on my 10-22mm ( I uses the B&W filters, bring your camera to try when you buy)the slim type cause too much problem for me as it don't have a proper lens cover. It is cheaper to buy it on the net with B&H or JR.com since you are in the US, could be even tax free.
    Hi,

i read on various websites, some say slim filter better, some say normal filters to prevent vignetting... hmm, usually wad type of filters are used?

I use the slim, but due to the slimness no lens cap can fit the filter so give up and using the normal CPL now without Vignetting. Do not stack your CPL on top of UV filter as that will cause Vignetting
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Slim filter is also alot more $$ then the normal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12