Thread: Shutter Count

Default Shutter Count

hi all,
    is there much difference between say,eg, a d200 with 15k shutter count, and a d200 with 25k shutter count? is the quality realli that much difference?
    thanks.

Default Re: Shutter Count

Quote Originally Posted by spacegerbera View Post
    hi all,
    is there much difference between say,eg, a d200 with 15k shutter count, and a d200 with 25k shutter count? is the quality realli that much difference?
    thanks.
    The shutter count is only indicative of how much the camera has been used. The life span of a shutter is normally around 100-150k... but some have gone past the 150k. So... even if it is 25k, there should be a lot of life left in it. Just do an estimated count of shots you would take a month and you will find that it would last you a long time. Having said that, there are also shutters that would die less than 10k.
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by spacegerbera View Post
    is the quality realli that much difference?
    like the above mentioned. photo quality does not have any relation with shutter count/actuation.

thanks all for your replies.

i think what i wanted to say, will a shutter count of that difference, will it change the mind set of someone wanting to buy a cam?

S.
    Last edited by spacegerbera; 13th March 2008 at 07:00 PM.

usually for dslr with higher shutter actuation count, the price would be marked down as it meant a replacement of shutter unit soon.

yes, i think it's one of the key factor whether one would considering buying the 2nd hand dslr or not. hope that helps

i think the time taken to reach that shutter count shld also be considered. i.e. 15k over period of 3yrs VS 10k over a period of 6mths.

juz my newbie point of view.