Thread: D60 twin lens offer

Default D60 twin lens offer

do you guys reckon it's worth it as a package? how does it compare to sg prices?

D60 + 18-55 and 55-200 (both lenses are AF-S Dx VR type) for $1,399 australian (equivalent to about $1,820 sg)

it'll be my first DSLR, though i've been using film for years. and as you're probably aware, i've got old nikon kit as well. (don't mind manual focusing cause that's all i do anyway.)
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Default Re: D60 twin lens offer

Quote Originally Posted by patch17 View Post
    do you guys reckon it's worth it as a package? how does it compare to sg prices?

D60 + 18-55 and 55-200 (both lenses are AF-S Dx VR type) for $1,399 australian (equivalent to about $1,820 sg)

it'll be my first DSLR, though i've been using film for years. and as you're probably aware, i've got old nikon kit as well. (don't mind manual focusing cause that's all i do anyway.)
    hey, seems like you haven't checked out the market here at all. You in Australia is it? The twin lens offer was on at the IT show last week end for S$1,188 (for the camera kit) +199 (55-200 lens) and comes with other freebies like tripod, 2gb SD card, Nikon bag, lenspen, card reader etc. Saw in another thread that the offer is still on at Harvey Norman stores. I just bought the D60 myself from another shop. $950 with kit lens i.e. 18-55mm VR lens. The 55-200 lens retails for abt $400 but the sales person mentioned that with the offer at IT show, chances are the price will be dropping soon.

Default Re: D60 twin lens offer

aww crap! yes, i'm in oz.

if they are offering the same VR lenses, that's a very good deal. about $1000 aussie for the set together with memory, bag, accessories, etc.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys