Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Y no one buy Kodak digital cams ??

will keep u guys up dated. might have some opportunites = )

Originally posted by wallpaper
    We can be your first batch of beta testers. We will get to test and keep all the new Kodak cameras and in return we give you honest and informative feedback. Sounds like fair trade I'll say.

Default Re: Y no one buy Kodak digital cams ??

Originally posted by Brett
    Y are kooodak cameras not as hot selling as Canon/Fuji/Sony/Olympus etc etc etc ?

1) marketing and advertising too little ?
    2) quality of image no good ?
    3) specifications no good ?
    The most probable reason may be that General Ali Hassan al-Majid, aka, "Chemical Ali," is heading an important decision-making department in the company. They still believe that they are the best camera co in the world and that the enemies are no where around.......

Thumbs down

Cos Kodak is lousy for their digi cams

The brand itself sucks liao

Only photography idiots would own a kodak cam

Originally posted by MrBig

They are not that bad. In fact , they are one of the pioneers of bringing photography to the masses.

will keep u guys up dated. might have some opportunites = )
    What about my suggestions? Kodak needs new happening ads like the Coke TVC.

Red face

Kodak needs to have its own line of Kodak Girls/Babes

No way Kodak will ever play a significant role in today's digi cam world, if so I'll give up photography for sure liao kekeke

i persoannly not thinking of kodak coz i dun know abt it..

so i guess 1 thing is to create market awareness..

like someone say.. koday = film and developing....

maybe intro a few cheap 2-3mp model and attract ppl by price first and once they find that it works.. might lead on...

also kodak no history ( not that i know) of presence in digi market and thats impt so gotta convince pple they know wat they are doing.. maybe use the fact that they have been in film so so long and in photos and market that fact that if they know photos that well, making a good cam is not hard for them..even digi.. u know.. to borrow from the petrol ad.. can';t remember which company.. we know coz we are drivers too..
    "we know coz we been looking at ur pics for years" kind of tag line..

pple trust kodak to develop pics and film so if u can somehow translate that trust to cam and digi.. should be ok..
    despite fuji and frontier, there is still a loyal pool of kodak film and norita machines fans rite? kodak royal is still considered very good althot i persoannly prefer the fuji crysal archieve paper so if pple can think that way abt tehir cams...

just my 2 cents worth.. totally not in marketingline.. just smoking...

Originally posted by cyrilng
    They are not that bad. In fact , they are one of the pioneers of bringing photography to the masses.
    That's also another typical trait of American brands. The Americans have invented a lotta stuff, but they never really improve upon it. So all the years of experience doesn't really count for much when comparing against the Japanese. The DCS-14n isn't really a Kodak design, too. It's based on the Nikon F-80. Fujifilm may have done the same with their DSLRs, but they also have a very attractive range of consumer digicams.

And according to what I've been reading, the DCS-14n isn't that great a camera either...
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

and u have casio as ur logo ??

Originally posted by MrBig

woah some really good input here,

/me thanks those who haved input CONSTRUCTIVE post ~~

lookin' forward to more fresh ideas n other neg remarks !! really helps in my job !!

actually kodak has produced a number of digicams which are good for general consumers. they are rather popular in the american/european market but somehow, the brand conscious singaporean never really considered the brand when purchasing digicams. it just needs to reposition itself in the local market and get more consumer interests by letting them try it. I have tried my friend's kodak and find it comparable to other digicams on the market.

woah some really good input here,

/me thanks those who haved input CONSTRUCTIVE post ~~

lookin' forward to more fresh ideas n other neg remarks !! really helps in my job !!

IMHO, Since you are in to promote kodak line of digital camera with a limited budget:-

1st is determine who you are selling and focus on it.

1)Is it the retailer to carry and push your product?
    2) or consumer?

2nd is have a means to measure whether your method works or not by having some facts and figures to show your boss.

As of now, Kodak do not have a strong market share in SE Asia.
    So how aggressive they want to be compare to Sony/Casio/Fuji(excluding Canon/Nikon/Minolta) who are not actually camera makers...?

For a start, Why dun you try using the Kodak cameras? By doing so, you will have a better understanding on its strength and weakness. This might be useful......

On top of that a environmnet scanning on the industry follows by a SWOT analysis on the products.

SWOT analysis ~ wah haven't heard this line since marketing school hehe ~

People here tend to overlook the fact that Kodak with Sony, Philips, Matsushita and Sharp are one of the biggest CCD makers for digital cameras, low and high end.......I know that for the research industry they make most of the CCD's, they even have 4000x4000 pixel ones for years! (cooled and non-cooled ones)......Agilent Technologies (was part of HP) is the biggest CMOS maker....another point: here someone said that Fuji is not a camera maker...well they are: medium format, lenses for the film industry and large format (lenses are one of the best on the market).

http://www.optechscamera.com/doc/compare.htm

I am not sure but there is a high chance that the CCD in your camera was made by Kodak or the other companies above. I don't think some of these camera makers will do their own research in CCD's as it is very expensive to do.

The industry is very much like the automobile industry, not one company will make all parts, they get it from all different suppliers......so, you can't actually talk about a Casio camera, or Nikon camera, many internal parts were made by other companies. In the past, one could find Philips parts in Sony TV's!

Hong Sien

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12