Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: International Warranty from Pentax USA

Default Re: International Warranty from Pentax USA

Quote Originally Posted by JavaBeanz View Post
    hmm, does this means I can get international warranty even if I purchase from OP?
    Sad to say, nope. I got the blank international warranty card for my camera and can be said useless.
    Let's get rolling :)

Is it cheaper to buy from US online .....avoid the gst here ...I mean those that need to get anything on Pentax..can post for purchase consolidation..

I heard some Nikon buyers do this ...with saving of a ew thousand dollars.

International Warranty Card

New PENTAX products do not automatically come with an international warranty that covers all PENTAX products around the world. However, it is possible to obtain an International Warranty Card through PENTAX Imaging Company, Inc. after you have purchased a PENTAX product. If you bought your PENTAX product in the United States and are traveling to a foreign country for an extended period of time, we can send you an International Warranty Card to cover your product while you are abroad. We will also send you a list of authorized service centers around the world.

NOTE :

If you bought your PENTAX product in the United States and are traveling to a foreign country for an extended period of time, we can send you an International Warranty Card to cover your product while you are abroad.

They may not cover the International Warranty because :

1) We are not bought PENTAX product in the United States but from United States , am i right ?

2) We are resident in Singapore and not traveling to Singapore for an extended period of time, am i right ?
    Last edited by Mahler1; 13th March 2008 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahler1 View Post

New PENTAX products do not automatically come with an international warranty that covers all PENTAX products around the world. However, it is possible to obtain an International Warranty Card through PENTAX Imaging Company, Inc. after you have purchased a PENTAX product. If you bought your PENTAX product in the United States and are traveling to a foreign country for an extended period of time, we can send you an International Warranty Card to cover your product while you are abroad. We will also send you a list of authorized service centers around the world.

NOTE :

If you bought your PENTAX product in the United States and are traveling to a foreign country for an extended period of time, we can send you an International Warranty Card to cover your product while you are abroad.

1) We are not bought PENTAX product in the United States but from United States , am i right ?

2) We are resident in Singapore and not traveling to Singapore for an extended period of time, am i right ?
    I just received a confirmation from Pentax USA that they have sent out the international warranty card (2 days after I sent the email). So if you buy from US (not grey stocks), I think surely pass the "test".

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll check it out w/ Shriro and see how
    I think i check b4... Shriro wont give International warranty for Pentax products brought in other countries.. Will need to get frm Pentax USA if u buy from USA.

I dun think it matters if the shipping/billing address is a US address.
    I use vpost in the order oso indicated as the US shipping address.
    U juz need to provide ur sg mailing addr so that Pentax USA can mail 2 u...
    Pentax K-r, DA35/2.4, FA 50/1.4, DA 16-45 & DA 55-300

NOTE :

I dun think u have 2 worry abt this..
    I bought my K10 with Kit lens n DA50-200 frm USA.
    Have already gotten all 3 international warranties..

Qn Bros, it means that ITEMS purchased from online store such as ADORAMA can have a wrtny from SHRIRO here in Singapore? you can save 100$ or more on this shops.. any exp ordering thru adorama?
    Canon 5D2, 1dmk2n, 24-70 L, 70-200 L, 50 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by gigahz View Post
    Qn Bros, it means that ITEMS purchased from online store such as ADORAMA can have a wrtny from SHRIRO here in Singapore? you can save 100$ or more on this shops.. any exp ordering thru adorama?
    I am also interested to know... might be getting FA35 from Adorama or B&H
    Anyone know if using vPost is better? And will we incur GST?

I bought a K10D body and a Pentax 18-250mm lens from B&H.

Did not use vPost because B&H did not restrict delivery to US addresses only. They offered many delivery options: UPS, Fedex, US Postal Service etc. Mine were delivered using UPS which was the cheapest option.

UPS Singapore paid local GST in advance at port of entry (i.e. Changi) and claimed it back from me plus Sing$10 extra as admin fee. I paid them using a personal cheque when UPS delivered the goods to me. The UPS guy told me that they accept cash as well.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by palmtastic View Post
    I bought a K10D body and a Pentax 18-250mm lens from B&H.

Did not use vPost because B&H did not restrict delivery to US addresses only. They offered many delivery options: UPS, Fedex, US Postal Service etc. Mine were delivered using UPS which was the cheapest option.

UPS Singapore paid local GST in advance at port of entry (i.e. Changi) and claimed it back from me plus Sing$10 extra as admin fee. I paid them using a personal cheque when UPS delivered the goods to me. The UPS guy told me that they accept cash as well.

Hope this helps!
    Thats cool bro.. how many weeks does the shipment arrives?

Thats cool bro.. how many weeks does the shipment arrives?
    UPS Global Saver: 3 -5 business days. Can also track the parcel on-line.
    I saw mine went from New York to Kentucky, then Germany, Dubai, Thailand and then Singapore. All in the course of 3 days. It arrived in Singapore on Sunday, cleared customs same day. Scheduled to deliver to me on Monday. As i was not at home during office hours on Monday, I gave UPS a phone call first thing on Monday morning. Quoted them the parcel Tracking Number, and re-scheduled it to be delivered between 8pm and 10pm on Monday evening. Very nice service with no extra cost.
    Last edited by palmtastic; 16th March 2008 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by palmtastic View Post
    UPS Global Saver: 3 -5 business days. Can also track the parcel on-line.
    I saw mine went from New York to Kentucky, then Germany, Dubai, Thailand and then Singapore. All in the course of 3 days. It arrived in Singapore on Sunday, cleared customs same day. Scheduled to deliver to me on Monday. As i was not at home during office hours on Monday, I gave UPS a phone call first thing on Monday morning. Quoted them the parcel Tracking Number, and re-scheduled it to be delivered between 8pm and 10pm on Monday evening. Very nice service with no extra cost.
    Thanks for the reply Palm, ordering online can save us more than 100$..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bLuRbEnG View Post
    I dun think u have 2 worry abt this..
    I bought my K10 with Kit lens n DA50-200 frm USA.
    Have already gotten all 3 international warranties..
    Like that, can order K20D from USA liao ..........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

I got my K10D with kit lens from Adorama.
    And got it shipped to vPost. Same thing vpost will charge you the GST and shipping.
    It takes longer via vpost as compared to UPS Global.

As ground shipping via USPS takes about 5-7 business day to reach vpost usa.
    Then vpost usa will take another 5-8 working days to sent it to you. But it depends on how fast u make the shipping charges.

And got it shipped to vPost. Same thing vpost will charge you the GST and shipping.

Then vpost usa will take another 5-8 working days to sent it to you. But it depends on how fast u make the shipping charges.
    for example i purchased from BH photo,

do i still need to pay the GST for the ITEM?

for example i purchased from BH photo,

do i still need to pay the GST for the ITEM?
    I think we need to pay GST for goods entering into Singapore... UPS/vPost pay on your behalf first when the goods reach Singapore, then you pay UPS/vPost when they deliver to your home

Is using vPost cheaper than UPS Global?

Is there's a dealer stamp on your International Warranty Card ?

Is there's a dealer stamp on your International Warranty Card ?

I would like to know too. Anyone?
    All photographs are there to remind us of what we forget.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaBeanz View Post
    Is using vPost cheaper than UPS Global?
    I'm not too sure abt this as I always use vPost didnt try UPS Global.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast