Thread: In Transit: The Karen photojournalism exhibition

Default In Transit: The Karen photojournalism exhibition

There's a photojournalism exhibition at The Arts House from 11th to 20th March at the print gallery from 10am to 10pm. Free Admission

In Transit: The Karen
    This series of photographs tell the story of the Karen--a people who have been
    fighting a civil war in southern Burma for the last 59 years. Faced with forced labour,
    abuse, and poverty, many have fled to the border to live in Internally Displaced
    People (IDP) camps or refugee camps in Thailand. Some have been there for over
    20 years. With the door open for resettlement to a third country, the Karen are now
    faced with the decision to leave for a better life, or to stay and hope for the freedom
    of their land, which they call Kawthoolei.

Do go down and support and give your comments

Default Re: In Transit: The Karen photojournalism exhibition

Thanks for sharing!
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

Quote Originally Posted by pinholelomo View Post
    There's a photojournalism exhibition at The Arts House from 11th to 20th March at the print gallery from 10am to 10pm. Free Admission

fighting a civil war in southern Burma for the last 59 years. Faced with forced labour,
    abuse, and poverty, many have fled to the border to live in Internally Displaced
    20 years. With the door open for resettlement to a third country, the Karen are now
    faced with the decision to leave for a better life, or to stay and hope for the freedom

curious... r u the photographer?

Great story, interesting captures on the life in the refugee camps.

Up for the passionate journalist Kai Lun and Sophia

Cheers
    Tom
    Last edited by BoyCam; 15th March 2008 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholelomo View Post

Thanks for sharing Will head down again.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Ups for their wonderful work!

grainy
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

haha grainy!!! pk here :P i hope i got time to catch it before the 20th i really wanna see it!!
    Canon EOS 66 | Kit Lens | Leung Sheung Wing Chun Singapore