Errr.. camel got one..
Questions for IT Expert!
Guys time to entertain the crowd here by posing something to think about.
Actual senerio (My wireless network)
Currently, I am running Wireless "G" network in my house using Linksys Gateway cum router. I had a telephone line (around 10 meters long) connected to the only telephone plug in the house to my linksys in my room. My PC are wired to the router while my Lappy and MB wirelessly linked to it.
Now the fun part, as you know I intended to convert to MAC slowly to next year, where intended to get MAC PRO. Thinking of getting a Time capsule (TC) to be integrated into my network.
This is the layout I am considering.
1) Move my linksys "G" to the living room closer to telephone plug.
2) Wireless link the linksys "G" to TC (located in the room, 10 meters, 3 walls away)
2) Wired the TC to my PC, wireless link MB and Lappy to TC
3) Connect my printer (EPSON 2400) to TC
4) Wired the Drobo with Drobo Share to TC
1) Can this be achived?
2) Will there be a drop of the signal strength between linksys "G" and TC, due to a) Distance, b) Walls and c) when the room door is closed (I tend to isolate myself from outside when working)
3) Any other items needed to be added to make the wireless more stable?
(Do remember one thing, the additional items must be MAC supportive)
Your comments, please.