Thread: travel by plane to Philippines, other SEA countries-one way ticket?

Default travel by plane to Philippines, other SEA countries-one way ticket?

hi guys,

I plan to travel for a break, and plan to stay some time in philippines..prefer not to have a restricted date of return..

However i read that a returned ticket is needed legally to enter the country. Guess it is same with many countries right?

so the option is return ticket of open date, right? how about is it okay if i go by budget airline? like tigerairway, and buy the return ticket, and just give up the return ticket and buy air ticket back only when i want to fly.

I plan to travel few more countries too, so does it mean we always need to have a ticket of next destination? for most SEA countries?

anyone have tried to travel around?

Default Re: travel by plane to Philippines, other SEA countries-one way ticket?

Hi,

I think its a general law for tourist (except for immigrant/citizen of that country) that you need to have a returned ticket (open or fixed date). This is to avoid the destination country immigration in suspecting that you may want to be an illegal immigrant in their country...

Anyway, most airlines offer open date return ticket when you book except for some budget airlines which you may need to pay extra if you want to change the return date. In tiger airways, you don't need to give up your return ticket as you can rebook but need to pay the charges. If you give up and buy another ticket, remember you need to buy a round trip again which is more expensive than rebooking it.

I know Jetstar asia has two type of ticket, the one with open date is more expensive rather than the one with fixed date...

Hope this help....

I think you can only stay in Phillipines for about 2 months max.

share something what i read.. that you need a return ticket, or at least a 'on-going' ticket of next destination.

for most countries, you are allowed to stay in philippines 21 days without visa. But i think u are able to apply visa with additional 59 days(2 months)..

Guess even u want to travel around the world..it isn't that easy ah? ha =)

Just in case anybody is planning a photography trip, I have a Jetstar vouchers worth $500 (In Denominations $50) for sale. You need to redeem and travel by 30 June 08. No restriction on destination, You can use it for any destination that Jetstar covers. Redeem it online and pay the difference by HSBC credit card.

$450 for $500 worth of vouchers.

Kindly Email me at ivanwzm@gmail.com with your contact number to transact. Many thanks

Listed the $500 jetstar tickets on yahoo auctions, bidding starts from $418 onwards.

http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/262633592