Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Cathedral

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastern SG
    Posts
    56

    Default The Cathedral

    Below is a picture of Singapore's St. Andrew's Cathedral. known for it's method of building using eggs and flour.

    Tried to capture an olden day feel considering now a lot of buildings look futuristic. Thus i edited the picture to give this feel and the weather that day worked for the shot too (personal feeling).

    would love to receive Cs & Cs so to make this photograph better =]


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: The Cathedral

    Hi,

    The building looks cramp up to me. Maybe it is due to the fact you shot in landscape. It will be nice if you can shoot in portrait. You have a wide angle lens? Other than that, I think it is pretty well done. Good job!
    EOS 40D | 17-40 F/4L USM

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastern SG
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: The Cathedral

    hmmm anymore comments and critics? like how can these shots be improved? really appreciate any

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: The Cathedral

    your second image is made from an entirely different angle and will be regarded as a different image from your first. do note that we have a 1 image per week rule here. 2nd image is removed.

  5. #5

    Default Re: The Cathedral

    Would it be better if the right-most 15% of the picture is cropped away?
    I find that it is taking away the focus from ur subject.

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Cathedral

    I like the feel of the picture overall except that it's a little cramp. (The tip of the building touching the edge of the photo - should have given more space or sth)
    Perhaps next time you could try taking the right building alone without the left buildings, and show more of the sky? Heh but nice shot anyway, I like the effects you did for it alot too.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastern SG
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: The Cathedral

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsugars View Post
    I like the feel of the picture overall except that it's a little cramp. (The tip of the building touching the edge of the photo - should have given more space or sth)
    Perhaps next time you could try taking the right building alone without the left buildings, and show more of the sky? Heh but nice shot anyway, I like the effects you did for it alot too.

    Quote Originally Posted by dathorax View Post
    Would it be better if the right-most 15% of the picture is cropped away?
    I find that it is taking away the focus from ur subject.
    hmmm thanks u two for the critiques =] will try to make a better shot out of this the next time im there! =]

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    your second image is made from an entirely different angle and will be regarded as a different image from your first. do note that we have a 1 image per week rule here. 2nd image is removed.
    oops sorry about that.

  8. #8

    Default Re: The Cathedral

    too tight, the building looks as if it is distressed to me
    the tallest column is obviously the most interesting feature here - emphasize it, and don't need to include that extra stuff on the right

    since you already are going to get vertical distortion, why not make it go all the way, and do something like this.. there are not many good wide views of st andrew's due to the huge amount of ugly trees around it

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastern SG
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: The Cathedral

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    too tight, the building looks as if it is distressed to me
    the tallest column is obviously the most interesting feature here - emphasize it, and don't need to include that extra stuff on the right

    since you already are going to get vertical distortion, why not make it go all the way, and do something like this.. there are not many good wide views of st andrew's due to the huge amount of ugly trees around it

    wow that's a very nice picture. ahhaha yea i agree on the trees part. maybe i should bring sth to cut them away the next time ahha

    thanks for sharing!

  10. #10

    Default Re: The Cathedral

    Good try...
    try to crop it a little though,emphasize more on the front.Otherwise,good angle

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •