Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    give direct connection a try. if its still disconnecting then its likely the cable modem is faulty. if not cable modem then its starhub. either way they should be able to detect some errors on their end.

    also possible its your router. i used to encounter frequent disconnects with my old dlink router. now using netgear...once is a long long while then need to reset.
    Ok, will give it a shot! Thanks

  2. #22
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    Hi wildstallion,

    Are you using Linksys wireless router WRT54G installed by Starhub? Firmware version 4.00.7?
    Mine is also WRT54G but ver 7, seem to have latest firmware even without update but Starhub connection is bad yesterday. Didn't know how long this issue of bad connection as my kids only tells me about it last night. Must be after unsucessful attempts in trying to resolve it themselves.

    I wasn't aware of any Internet disconnect issues as I was using SingNet. Have the Starhub BB been an issue for long? and is it still ongoing problem?

    ../azul123

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    I'm using Starhub too, never had problem with the connection. I'm using a wired connection from my Dlink router. Could it be malware or some kind of virus causing the frequent disconnection?
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    I'm using Starhub too, never had problem with the connection. I'm using a wired connection from my Dlink router. Could it be malware or some kind of virus causing the frequent disconnection?
    Hmm, could be, my internet security program has been weird the last few days, wont auto update, but the scans found nothing.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Hmm, could be, my internet security program has been weird the last few days, wont auto update, but the scans found nothing.
    Maybe you should try another anti-virus or anti-spyware program just to make sure.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Mine is also WRT54G but ver 7, seem to have latest firmware even without update but Starhub connection is bad yesterday. Didn't know how long this issue of bad connection as my kids only tells me about it last night. Must be after unsucessful attempts in trying to resolve it themselves.

    I wasn't aware of any Internet disconnect issues as I was using SingNet. Have the Starhub BB been an issue for long? and is it still ongoing problem?

    ../azul123
    The router will go down when its cache is overloaded with consistent transfers. Mine got better after some tweaking of the ports but will still disc and need to be rebooted manually. Changed to the Belkin N1 and everything is A-Ok now.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Ok, will give it a shot! Thanks
    try borrowing a spare router to try. Might just be the modem conking out on you.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    no problem for me for many years. if not happy then change provider lor.. see if you'll get better service from sinknet or not.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    try borrowing a spare router to try. Might just be the modem conking out on you.
    Yeh, im going to replace the router, looks like it just couldnt keep up with all the usage, connected directly last night and everything was fine!

  10. #30
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    The router will go down when its cache is overloaded with consistent transfers. Mine got better after some tweaking of the ports but will still disc and need to be rebooted manually. Changed to the Belkin N1 and everything is A-Ok now.
    Thanks for info, today looks like it's behaving well.

    ../azul123

  11. #31

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Yeh, im going to replace the router, looks like it just couldnt keep up with all the usage, connected directly last night and everything was fine!
    thats good to hear. an easier problem to resolve

  12. #32

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Yeh, im going to replace the router, looks like it just couldnt keep up with all the usage, connected directly last night and everything was fine!
    its good to do some troubleshooting on your own before starting a thread saying that StarHub isnt good and all that. then end up it's your router that's the problem..

    I'm quite familiar with this perceived 'slowness' and complaints that people always have with StarHub's MOL service in my course of work. And while it might be true some of the time, most of the time it's due to something else..
    Last edited by lukesky; 14th March 2008 at 11:23 PM.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by lukesky View Post
    its good to do some troubleshooting on your own before starting a thread saying that StarHub isnt good and all that. then end up it's your router that's the problem..

    I'm quite familiar with this perceived 'slowness' and complaints that people always have with StarHub's MOL service in my course of work. And while it might be true some of the time, most of the time it's due to something else..
    well..not everyone is familiar with troubleshooting router problems.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Linksys has got to be the worst router on this planet.

    I use 2 Linksys and it died exactly after one year of usage. Those routers which are made in China is getting from bad to worst.

    Now I use a Taiwan made brand called enGenius. Good, reliable and fast.

    Have been using it for 7 months and not a single problem. No need to reboot.

    Wireless-N Router with built in Gigabit.

    http://www.engeniustech.com/datacom/...ls.aspx?id=226

    Available at Fast Cable, Funan Centre 5th floor. (close by the Apple shop)

  15. #35

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    dlink di-624+ also damn jia lat. after 6 months it will start rebooting itself...and the reboots get more and more frequent. i had it changed twice and the same thing happened. even lifetime warranty also like that. in the end bought a netgear...so far so good.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by lukesky View Post
    its good to do some troubleshooting on your own before starting a thread saying that StarHub isnt good and all that. then end up it's your router that's the problem..

    I'm quite familiar with this perceived 'slowness' and complaints that people always have with StarHub's MOL service in my course of work. And while it might be true some of the time, most of the time it's due to something else..
    I did, im not an idiot, but I cant explain why a router will work all day and then at the same time all week fail. If it works fine for 12 hours my common sense told me the problem is probably elsewhere. But I guess this time I was wrong.

    Ill hapily admit its not Starhubs fault, and I actually found their customer care pretty good this time, no having to hold and they actually called me back, so kudos to them!

  17. #37

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    well..not everyone is familiar with troubleshooting router problems.
    guess so. this is a photography forum instead of VRZone or HWZ, so can't expect everyone to be technically inclined in that aspect...

    but i would have thought this is a very simple and logical troubleshooting step not just for routers but for everything in life. always eliminate all the extra stuff so that u can narrow down what the problem is. and i'd also expect the starhub customer service to advice TS to connect direct too. if they didn't, then they're not doing their job properly.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    speaking of which, my stupid dlink 704p keeps rebooting itself whenever any of my vista computers activates its symantec firewall. i really dun understand why this specific combi always causes the reboot.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    I don't use router at home, I rarely download things from the internet. I leave all my bandwith to email downloading and yet I'm suffering from a slowdown.

    Goodbye StarHub MaxOnline and Mobile, hello SingTel mio! (Their student rates rocks!)

  20. #40

    Default Re: Starhub Massive Disconnection Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    I did, im not an idiot, but I cant explain why a router will work all day and then at the same time all week fail. If it works fine for 12 hours my common sense told me the problem is probably elsewhere. But I guess this time I was wrong.
    i also cant explain why...my dlink behaved that way. ok for 6 months after i got it then started rebooting first about once every few days until eventually like every 5 mins. and its not just 1 dlink. i had it changed twice...same behaviour. i also found that other ppl faced similar problems with that same router model. gave up changing liao.

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    speaking of which, my stupid dlink 704p keeps rebooting itself whenever any of my vista computers activates its symantec firewall. i really dun understand why this specific combi always causes the reboot.
    consistently or just coincidence? maybe leave the symantec firewall off for the time being and observe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •