Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: insurance companies

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    谁是你
    Posts
    2,706

    Default insurance companies

    Any ideas which insurance companies (e.g. AIA, Income, AXA etc) are tops in service.... quick and prompt payouts.

    Heard and read from newspaper that NTUC Income tends to drag its feet in times when the policyholders submit their claims.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    244

    Default

    I recommend AIA
    Been with them for over 11 years.Great service

  3. #3

    Default

    Originally posted by dirtbiker
    I recommend AIA
    Been with them for over 11 years.Great service
    But you haven't died yet, see...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    for quick claim i recommend AIA

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Originally posted by StreetShooter
    But you haven't died yet, see...
    True, but my mum has and therefore i judge their service from that incident.

  6. #6

    Default

    i agree with the rest...AIA is quality....

  7. #7
    Slikman
    Guests

    Default

    You wont go wrong with prudential.
    Unknown to others, AIA has a lot of hidden agendas.
    When you submit a claim, it can take months, sometimes even years.
    And when its finally processed, they pay out via instalments.

    Tell me, when you are suddenly helpless and disabled,need money the most, would you want to get your money via instalments?

    All these are certified by my FRIENDS who had since gone over to Prudential.

    And most singaporeans thinks that AIA is bigger then Prudential, but in fact its the other way around.

    Prudential alone can buy over AIA in Singapore any time.

    Its only due to heavy advertising and marketing that AIA seems to be the biggest and leading insurance company in SG.

    Don't bother with NTUC.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Prudential is definitely way smaller than AIA which belong to AIG group. Not that Prudential is no good but just to set the fact striaght. I am not sure of a lot of thing but I am pretty sure Prudential does not have enuff resource to buy over anything from AIG now given the losses they had in UK over their internet bank "EGG".

    Note there are 2 Prudential, 1 in UK & 1 in US. They are 2 different company. The 1 here is from UK.

    The nearest competitor in term of size here is AXA (France) and maybe allianz (Germany).

    For Permanent disability insurance, it is the standard to pay annual payout. Under special circumtances you can get your doctor/specialist to write a report to appeal for the full lump sum. This is very standard across all insurance company. It apply to Prudential too.

    So do not shoot off claim you cannot back up.
    Last edited by zekai; 6th June 2003 at 09:21 PM.

  9. #9
    Slikman
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by zekai
    Prudential is definitely way smaller than AIA which belong to AIG group. Not that Prudential is no good but just to set the fact striaght. I am not sure of a lot of thing but I am pretty sure Prudential does not have enuff resource to buy over anything from AIG now given the losses they had in UK over their internet bank "EGG".

    Note there are 2 Prudential, 1 in UK & 1 in US. They are 2 different company. The 1 here is from UK.

    The nearest competitor in term of size here is AXA (France) and maybe allianz (Germany).

    For Permanent disability insurance, it is the standard to pay annual payout. Under special circumtances you can get your doctor/specialist to write a report to appeal for the full lump sum. This is very standard across all insurance company. It apply to Prudential too.

    So do not shoot off claim you cannot back up.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    But from what i know, Prudential is definitely way bigger than AIA.
    I may be wrong though.
    Sorry to offend you in any way.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    no i am not offended.
    Do not worry.

    I am just setting the record straight.
    But just to let you know I do come across Prudential Agent who inflate their company is the big with the amount of fund Prudential are managing.

    Other company do not use fund to describe their size. It is inaccurate as it may be highly liquid. (And its not their own money)

    Of course it is not Prudential fault too but rather small black sheeps around.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    740

    Default

    zekai i dunno where u got ur info from but
    TPD (Total Permanent Disability) payout is accelerated up to 650k for Prudential with the balance payable in 1 lump sum 12 months after TPD.
    This is what sets their TPD benefits apart from most of the rest.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    allow me to clarify my previous post where i say annual payout.

    Industry standard has been
    1st - 3rd yr - 10%
    4th yr - 60%

    Prudential accelarated payout plan as what you mention also only give out 100% at the second installment. Even Prudential are not giving 100% straight up.

    The reason for this type of staggered is because there are many cases whereby patient condition cannot be confirmed to be permanent. Sometimes medical opinions do differ.

    In recent years there have been many cases whereby claimant do get the full pay-out in the 2nd yr. (case by case)

    So in this sense I agree Prudential should get credit if they are having this accerated option for all their customer. (Even though paying up 100% at 2nd yr is not new and unique to Prudential)

  13. #13

    Default

    Try Asia Life. Small but stable. ISO9001 certified, means quality costumer service. NEVER cut bonus ever since.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Originally posted by zekai
    allow me to clarify my previous post where i say annual payout.

    Industry standard has been
    1st - 3rd yr - 10%
    4th yr - 60%

    Prudential accelarated payout plan as what you mention also only give out 100% at the second installment. Even Prudential are not giving 100% straight up.

    The reason for this type of staggered is because there are many cases whereby patient condition cannot be confirmed to be permanent. Sometimes medical opinions do differ.

    In recent years there have been many cases whereby claimant do get the full pay-out in the 2nd yr. (case by case)

    So in this sense I agree Prudential should get credit if they are having this accerated option for all their customer. (Even though paying up 100% at 2nd yr is not new and unique to Prudential)
    No the accelerated payout is for the first time. Anyway most folks wont have a policy with more than 650k tpd coverage anyway so most of the time everything is paid out. Believe me i should know.
    Last edited by Mystix; 6th June 2003 at 10:56 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Originally posted by Mystix
    No the accelerated payout is for the first time. Anyway most folks wont have more a policy with more than 650k tpd coverage anyway so most of the time everything is paid out. Believe me i should know.
    yeah i get what you mean, only a few client I know of are insured over 650K.

    Ironically most people think the 50-100k they bought 10-20 yrs ago are enuff and dun need anything else for the rest of their life.

  16. #16
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ClubSNAP community
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Get the Commissioner's Report on Ins companies and you'll know...

    I've got 5 policies, all with Prudential. But then again, my agent has been around since 1987, so......

    What's important is to understand your agent well, what are his/her motivations, test their sincerity, etc. I've come across too many fly-by-night Pru, AIA, NTUC, GE cases to bother counting. Nor do I bother with debates on company size. Service and honesty that's what really matters to me.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Originally posted by Azure
    Get the Commissioner's Report on Ins companies and you'll know...

    I've got 5 policies, all with Prudential. But then again, my agent has been around since 1987, so......

    What's important is to understand your agent well, what are his/her motivations, test their sincerity, etc. I've come across too many fly-by-night Pru, AIA, NTUC, GE cases to bother counting. Nor do I bother with debates on company size. Service and honesty that's what really matters to me.
    yes, the agent is very important.

    in this case we also want to know other people claim experience with the companies.

    like to share your?

  18. #18

    Default

    My dad was hit by a car while on a scooter many years back.

    Sufferred a broken leg and after a operation, a few screws inside it was alright.

    The claim was processed quite smoothly since the driver of the car was at fault and admit guilty.

    not much delays of what-so-ever.

    policy was from AIA.

  19. #19

    Default

    Don't know about you all, but I gave up my NTUC Income Life insurance after 4 years (yes, making a loss, but who cares, I am quite pissed off), Basically, I only seen the agent twice, Once when I bought the insurance and the second time is when I sign the contract. Anything I asked him never comes back, any information I want regarding new policies is down the void ...... The only time he called me back is the day after I cancel my policy with the question "Any reason why you want to cancel your policy?", I gave him his answer "I will call you back" that was five years ago, and I had not called him back yet.

    hehe .... give him a taste of his own medicine
    Last edited by blurblock; 7th June 2003 at 11:50 AM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Originally posted by blurblock
    Don't know about you all, but I gave up my NTUC Income Life insurance after 4 years (yes, making a loss, but who cares, I am quite pissed off), Basically, I only seen the agent twice, Once when I bought the insurance and the second time is when I sign the contract. Anything I asked him never comes back, any information I want regarding new policies is down the void ...... The only time he called me back is the day after I cancel my policy with the question "Any reason why you want to cancel your policy?", I gave him his answer "I will call you back" that was five years ago, and I had not called him back yet.
    Mine NTUC agent also ignore me after a while but then every company have these type of bad sheep.

    Maybe the insurance company shoud give us an opportunity to vote their agent service online

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •