Thread: How to take paranomic shots?

Default How to take paranomic shots?

How do you take paranomic shots? I think there're cameras which have this function to take paranomic. But most camera dun. So how to take paranomic with a normal camera?

I tried it out myself, in my room again. I used a tripod, set my camera to Manual & took pictures juz around the tripod. Then I tried to, sorta connect the pictures together using PS. However, the pictures doesn't always fit nicely. Why is that? Izzit because my room is too small?

Default Re: How to take paranomic shots?

Originally posted by Gr|ever
    How do you take paranomic shots? I think there're cameras which have this function to take paranomic. But most camera dun. So how to take paranomic with a normal camera?

I tried it out myself, in my room again. I used a tripod, set my camera to Manual & took pictures juz around the tripod. Then I tried to, sorta connect the pictures together using PS. However, the pictures doesn't always fit nicely. Why is that? Izzit because my room is too small?
    Here are some possible causes

1) Your camera is not level.

2) Your camera tripod socket is not in line with the axis of your lens.

3) You introduce an alignment error while changing the camera direction.

Other wise, it should be fine as long as you over lap a part of the scene for alignment purpose.

Did you use 50mm focal length and lock AE?

Get a panoramic ballhead if available or make do with markings on the panning head.
    Get a level gauge, Ruby sells for $25.
    Your lens must not be wide angle.
    Take your photo outside, and lightings must be the same,once cloud cover the sky,you get different exposures.
    Stitch with Adobe Deluxe.
    When all else failed, get a wide angle camera.There are many second hand around at Peninsular.
    Good luck.

Taken from http://www.tawbaware.com/panprob.htm

Panoramas and Perspective Control
    If you've ever tried to create a panorama in an image editing program like Photoshop by simply blending a sequence of photographs together you've probably discovered that the images never seem to line up perfectly along the full length of the seam. Frequently, elements with strong horizontal or vertical lines seem to be "bent" between the two pictures, or elements simply don't line up correctly.

The problem is a natural result of normal "rectilinear" lenses used in most film and digital cameras. The perspective of the image changes as the film plane changes in relation to the image plane. Rectilinear lenses reproduce lines that appear straight to the human eye as straight in the picture, regardless of their orientation to the lens. Thus, a rectilinear lens positioned in front of the center of a flat subject (e.g. a window), but not pointed squarely at it, will produce an image that appears to be "keystoned"--straight lines will appear to converge.

The images above illustrate the problem. Although these two pictures were taken from exactly the same position, the two halves of the window appear to be "bent" in relation to each other. It is obvious that no amount of clever alignment will ever allow these two images to be joined so that they produce a natural looking panorama.

This keystoning effect becomes much less noticeable with longer focal length lenses, and some subjects that don't have such pronounced horizontal and vertical lines may "hide" much of the problem. However, in general, the keystoning effect makes it impossible to create perfectly aligned composite images without software manipulation.

In order to create a panorama from these component images, they must be "warped" using "panoramic software" (I like PTAssembler) so that they can be aligned and blended together.

The image above shows the two images after being warped and aligned. The images now apear to line up correctly and this is obviously a much better fit. Here are some of my Panoramic images.

Hehe... lucky my Nikon CP got Paranoma Assist, can use da programme to auto-stitch my pics... can take 360 degrees... quite fun...
    Please do not respond to ads from a long time ago. Chances are items have already been sold.

Deregistered

Or you can use Canon Photostitch or Panorama Maker.

i use panorama factory
    works great for me so far.

freakysu
    Guests

is it a must to have a tripod to take panoramic shoots?

I just purchased an a70, and have not experimented much with it. But they have this stitch function. Do u need a tripod to use this function well?

Tripod isn't essential but it does make your life a lot easier. Alternatively you can do it handheld with a 'Philopod'.

Basically a piece of string with a weight. You suspend the weight above a fixed point as you rotate the camera. The string also acts as a ruler to fix the distance to the floor.

http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~bern...to/tripod.html

So...... does that mean that you'll need a software to produce a paranomic picture if your cam doesn't have the function?

Originally posted by Gr|ever
    So...... does that mean that you'll need a software to produce a paranomic picture if your cam doesn't have the function?
    Well, one can always argue that it is possible to do it without any software but without using any software aid, it is a tedious painful exercise that I don't even want to think about it.

As some has already mentioned, you might want to try this Panorama Factory at http://www.panoramafactory.com