Thread: Anti-Virus software conflicts?

Default Anti-Virus software conflicts?

Was wondering, does anyone know if AVAST will conflict with Norton?

It was recommended to me and along with AVG, perhaps it will help settle some of the recent virus issues I've been having.

I have no problems getting rid of Norton, but from the last time I tried, following the very long and complicated instructions provided by Symantec themselves, it seems that I still miss a few components ... so I'm worried if there are still a few Norton components deep in my system, will AVAST and AVG conflict?

I've already gotten rid of i.Net explorer and am using Mozilla Firefox now, even though for some reason that changes some of my other stuff on windows like picture viewer, but it's no great deal.

Thanks guys!

Default Re: Anti-Virus software conflicts?

Norton is a memory hog. If I'm not wrong Symantec provides a utilitie to remove Norton. Just search their website.

Auto uninstalls will not work if you want to get rid of all the Norton components. There will still be files embedded deep in the system, or so I am told.

Symantec wrote to me and gave me a loooong list of instructions where I have to manually delete files.

My question: If, by some chance, I miss some of the deeply embedded Norton files, can I still install AVAST and AVG? Do they have any known conflicts with Norton?

Thanks guys!

you might want to try uninstalling norton, delete away the whole folder in "Program Files" and the clean up the register... etc using softwares like CCleaner < pretty safe, been using it for 2years.

yes, like what smtan24 said, norton is a memory hogger and getting too bloated to navigate easily.

I remove Norton using the tool provided by Symantec. Here's the link

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...nsf&view=docid

You should not have any trouble after that using AVG. It's what I used before.

Thanks guys.

I uninstalled Norton and manually deleted all the files/folders in my system following the instructions provided by them.

I now have AVAST, AVG and ZoneAlarm installed. Seems to work fine.