Thread: Help! Going to Tioman... need your recommendation.

Default Help! Going to Tioman... need your recommendation.

Hi gUYs,

Intending to visit Tioman with my gf over the weekend.

There are 3 resorts I'm considering, Berjaya Beach, Berhaya Suites and Paya Beach .

Any recommendations ? Preferbly I would like a decent room, hopefully with a view of the ocean. I hear that Berjaya is the best, but looking at the rooms, it looks poor. Bejaya suites look abit better. Paya beach rooms seem as good as berjaya, and a whole lot cheaper.

I dont scuba dive, so just going there to unwind.

any other tips appreciated.

Default Re: Help! Going to Tioman... need your recommendation.

Try this one, a very nice boutique resort in Tioman. But is quite costly.
    http://www.japamalaresorts.com/home.html
    http://www.fascinating.com.sg/free&e...mala-mar07.htm
    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS

Default Re: Help! Going to Tioman... need your recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang View Post
    Hi gUYs,

Intending to visit Tioman with my gf over the weekend.

There are 3 resorts I'm considering, Berjaya Beach, Berhaya Suites and Paya Beach .

Any recommendations ? Preferbly I would like a decent room, hopefully with a view of the ocean. I hear that Berjaya is the best, but looking at the rooms, it looks poor. Bejaya suites look abit better. Paya beach rooms seem as good as berjaya, and a whole lot cheaper.

I dont scuba dive, so just going there to unwind.

any other tips appreciated.
    twice to tioman on two diff resorts. Berjaya & Paya. Lots of asian going for Paya, whereas at Berjaya, lotz of Ang Mo (this is what i observed).

Personally, Berjaya wld be most ideal place for me. And if u opt for Berjaya, must try the TOMYAM there. Located just outside the resort, walk past the security check point. Cld see two stalls, (Chinese and Malay). Go to the malay stall, ask for the 'wak' in songkok, and tell him not to cut-down on the spiciness. And also the nasi lemak at their workers quarters is a must try too..