Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: C700 Owners - What Camera Bag?

  1. #1

    Question C700 Owners - What Camera Bag?

    I am now using a Lowepro D-Res Beltpack AW, which I can put my C700 plus my 285HV flash+bracket.



    Thinking of getting a smaller bag which is just nice for the C700 alone(with the lens tube on) plus perhaps a couple of filters. Any recommendations?

    What bags are you guys using for C700?

  2. #2

    Default Re: C700 Owners - What Camera Bag?

    Originally posted by HOCL
    I am now using a Lowepro D-Res Beltpack AW, which I can put my C700 plus my 285HV flash+bracket.



    Thinking of getting a smaller bag which is just nice for the C700 alone(with the lens tube on) plus perhaps a couple of filters. Any recommendations?

    What bags are you guys using for C700?
    I'm using lowepro DRes 220 AW. A snug fit for the C700 with lens adaptor. The back compartment has room for 3-4 filters, batteries and SMCs.

  3. #3
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    i'm using a waist pouch

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    I'm using Lowepro mini trekker, can even tie tripod
    Canon Lover :)

  5. #5

    Default Re: Re: C700 Owners - What Camera Bag?

    Originally posted by Tweek


    I'm using lowepro DRes 220 AW. A snug fit for the C700 with lens adaptor. The back compartment has room for 3-4 filters, batteries and SMCs.
    Hmm .. sounds like what I am looking for ... how much did you pay for this?

  6. #6
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    HOCL, how much did u pay for your flash setup?

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by zhapchit
    HOCL, how much did u pay for your flash setup?
    Hi zhapchit

    see http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...&threadid=3094

  8. #8
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Originally posted by HOCL


    Hi zhapchit

    see http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...&threadid=3094
    oops... forgetful

    thanks anyway

  9. #9
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Do you mind posting a picture of the flash on the bracket ?

  10. #10

    Default

    see my avatar .. yes, the flash is HUGE!

    I love the manual settings on this flash ... snap, preview shot on LCD, not happy with exposure, adjust power manually and re-snap ...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Re: Re: C700 Owners - What Camera Bag?

    Originally posted by HOCL


    Hmm .. sounds like what I am looking for ... how much did you pay for this?
    can't remember the actual price, $20+ at CP.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    ...Not So Far Away
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Originally posted by zhapchit
    i'm using a waist pouch
    Ya that's what I've been using for years too man! I used to have a big High Sierra ($15) with good stiching and rigid canvas... padded the inside with the divider pads from my oversized and bulky Coastar and this could hold an EOS5, 35-70, 50, 100-300 + 10 rolls neg/slides, cleaning kit, soft cloth, batt... even got space for a small pen+notepad

    Learned early on that when travelling, if you carry a camera bag, you are advertising too all the pickpockets and snatchthief that you are a tourist and that the bag is a goldmine target...

    In fact, a good-quality sports pouch (make sure it is of the rigid type...got padding even better) is suffcient for today's lightweight, small-sized digicams... far more realistic pricing and comfortable to carry. My c2100 + filters + 5x4 extra AA (!) + sock-filled silicagel + cleaning kit + soft cloth fit easily into a well-built x-brand pouch I bought for $7.90 in a shop outside Mustafa

  13. #13
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    just wondering how you do those divider pads

    Originally posted by cutter


    Ya that's what I've been using for years too man! I used to have a big High Sierra ($15) with good stiching and rigid canvas... padded the inside with the divider pads from my oversized and bulky Coastar and this could hold an EOS5, 35-70, 50, 100-300 + 10 rolls neg/slides, cleaning kit, soft cloth, batt... even got space for a small pen+notepad

    Learned early on that when travelling, if you carry a camera bag, you are advertising too all the pickpockets and snatchthief that you are a tourist and that the bag is a goldmine target...

    In fact, a good-quality sports pouch (make sure it is of the rigid type...got padding even better) is suffcient for today's lightweight, small-sized digicams... far more realistic pricing and comfortable to carry. My c2100 + filters + 5x4 extra AA (!) + sock-filled silicagel + cleaning kit + soft cloth fit easily into a well-built x-brand pouch I bought for $7.90 in a shop outside Mustafa

  14. #14
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Originally posted by HOCL
    see my avatar .. yes, the flash is HUGE!

    I love the manual settings on this flash ... snap, preview shot on LCD, not happy with exposure, adjust power manually and re-snap ...
    i wonder if the flash cable can be made somewhere at a lower cost

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •