Thread: Travelling - batts and chargers

Default Travelling - batts and chargers

Prepping for a photo trip to Tibet... but now damn headache... those stupid properitary batts requires their specific chargers.

cam 1 type, AA 1 type...

very heavy and bulky.

why can't they all agree to use universal AA or AAA type batts... or does anyone knows of intelligent universal chargers that can charge all types of batts?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Default Re: Travelling - batts and chargers

and i wonder, with all these batts, chargers and cables... would security jump when they x-ray my luggages.

even mobile industry had came to a common understanding to use mini usb for communications and charging. can't the cam industry do the same and be more envrionmentally friendly as well as save cost in removing the need to manufacture chargers for every products.

agree bro.. when I travel, I think I have to bring 5 or more charges.. phone, cam, iPod, Laptop, card reader + HD...

It will sure helps alot if the industry comes up with a standard batt charger

btw... sorry if this OTT, but I wonder, how all those photogs who go out to shoot in remote areas charge their batt when there's no electricity plug.

CYRN --> how do you plan to charge yr batt in Tibet? care to share yr experience
    Blood is Red for a reason. Liverpool for life.

Quote Originally Posted by cg171s View Post
    agree bro.. when I travel, I think I have to bring 5 or more charges.. phone, cam, iPod, Laptop, card reader + HD...

btw... sorry if this OTT, but I wonder, how all those photogs who go out to shoot in remote areas charge their batt when there's no electricity plug.

CYRN --> how do you plan to charge yr batt in Tibet? care to share yr experience
    they bring tons of the camera batts and also AA (like for batt grip that supports AA type batt as well)
    EOS 6D | GH4 | LX100 | HERO4

CYRN: There are certain chargers that do both AA and AAA. But I'm not sure you would want to use them, they would usually be something like 4xAAA or 2xAA charging at one go... You'd have to go look around, won't be able to find such stuff in cam shops for sure :P Mustafa would be a better bet...

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    CYRN: There are certain chargers that do both AA and AAA. But I'm not sure you would want to use them, they would usually be something like 4xAAA or 2xAA charging at one go... You'd have to go look around, won't be able to find such stuff in cam shops for sure :P Mustafa would be a better bet...
    guess CYRN is talking abt a all-in-1 charger for camera batts, hp batt, AA, AAA, everything...

and that cameras shd have used AA/AAA instead of their own branded cells.

right?
    EOS 6D | GH4 | LX100 | HERO4

How abt this :

http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product...products_id=33

But if its just AA and 1 other type, then not worth; even if its a trekking trip, these chargers will be in the bags carried by porters what....

I'm still figuring out how to optimise. Will let you know after the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Not only AA and AAA but batts for cam's and HPs..etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragnatic View Post
    guess CYRN is talking abt a all-in-1 charger for camera batts, hp batt, AA, AAA, everything...

and that cameras shd have used AA/AAA instead of their own branded cells.

right?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts View Post
    How abt this :

http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product...products_id=33

But if its just AA and 1 other type, then not worth; even if its a trekking trip, these chargers will be in the bags carried by porters what....
    Hmm... can't link to any specs... not sure if it will work properly with all the batts I have.

I have AA, AAA, HP+BT (2xUSB), Epson P-5000, Canon BP 511/512 and Sony NP-FT1. Will be adding a video cam batts in future.

Thats the issue with many ppl travelling as well.
    I bring along cam batt charger, AA batt charger, the portable hddisk charger and hp charger as well. Housekeeping might be abit troublesome. I just bring along a small box to keep all these items together. Just remember to bring the appropriate power socket adapter as well as a multipurpose adapter so that you can hitch more than one at a time.

Ryan

in answer to your question... in extreme locations (provided the place is sunny)...

solar charging

i minimise the bulk of the chargers by bringing along the sync cables (as opposed to the charger). Then from SLS i purchased a ac plug that has a usb port at the end..this allows me to plug in my sync cable n charge the device..

Some devices still have their own chargers, ie batteries..but @ least i cut down on the pda charger lah..big ass that one
    Canon: 5DMkIII, 7D, 2470f2.8L, 50f1.8, 70200f2.8L IS II, 430EX II, 600EX
    kineticexpressions.org