• Camera Body & Lense - Togather

104 27.23%
  • Camera Body & Lense - Including all other gears

235 61.52%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dry Cabinet Storage Patten

Default Re: Dry Cabinet Storage Patten

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    actually unless you have precious lenses that you know you wont use often but still wanna keep it, a dry cabi is redundant.

even in singapore humidity, unless you use your camera less than 3 times a year, fungus will not grow.

now my dry cabi is used to keep stuff i pick up from my travels (funny looking fossils, skulls, bones... etc..) with only 1 old lens in it. everything else is in camera bags. it's been like this for about 5 years and no fungus.
    I am learning and gaining some confident, from you.

Perhaps, sometime it was because of the long storage in the Dry Box that make the camera and lens rubber sticky?

Look like the right thing to do is, to at least take out the equipments for an outing once a month. Thanks.

actually unless you have precious lenses that you know you wont use often but still wanna keep it, a dry cabi is redundant.

even in singapore humidity, unless you use your camera less than 3 times a year, fungus will not grow.

now my dry cabi is used to keep stuff i pick up from my travels (funny looking fossils, skulls, bones... etc..) with only 1 old lens in it. everything else is in camera bags. it's been like this for about 5 years and no fungus.

got a friend that second that, 2 year old dslr just store in the cam bag.. no fungus etc...
    Id like to consider Ferrari as a scaled down version of God.
    www.flickr.com/milkydude

When is dry cabinet required actually? Should we buy it if we will use the camera at least once a week? I don't really quite understand because if the camera is out to take photos for a few hours, does it mean it will also grow fungus in the long run (since it's not in the dry cabinet)? Unless the cabinet is able to absorb the moisture from the camera at the end of the day when we put it back inside, if not there will also be "damage" done to the cam when it is out?

Or is it only required when we are keeping the gears for long period of time (e.g. 2 weeks)?

Lens and cams require around the same humidity lols. And then the dry box meter thing also not very accurate, the analog one is +-5 and the digital one is +-3. Not very accurate to me lols. esp when considering lens and cams are around the same hahas

I will be getting a small DigiCab 30L dry cabinet soon..... running out of space Most likely be storing my DSLR Bodies and Flash in it.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Store Flash in Dry Cabinet for what?

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    Store Flash in Dry Cabinet for what?
    For all my gears togather.....

Scuba & Father... For Life

I will be getting a dry cabinet soon and I think I'm going to place my lens and camera together. On different shelf of course. ^^

i just throw everything together. i don't think it matters anyway, how is the humidity from shelf to shelf going to differ. plain ridiculous.

but do u on air con at times? as a newbie i was afraid that the lens/camera might spoil so i had already gt a dry cabi...

I doubt there is any truth in it.

I dont think anybody can say that cameras must be kept at exactly 45.55% humdity and lenses at 40.68%.

This whole concept of low humidity levels is an inexact science, if ever at all. We can only get ballpark figure. And I reckon that it would be the same ballpark, or at least a big overlap, if they are different.

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Hi..... was at CP about a week ago. Overheard a Sales person telling a customer that he should keep all his Lense in one dry cabinet & his Camera in another.

This kind of makes sense......

But since most ppl I know of, only have 1 dry cabinet to put all our stuff in...... would like to know how many here does practice what the Sales person suggested.....

I, for 1, can't afford the space or money to have 2 dry cabinet..... so, all my gears - Camera body, Lense, CF Cards, Flash, camera cleaning stuff, remote.... etc - are put into that one cabinet.......
    Some salesmen might tell you to keep different types of lenses and cameras in different dry cabinets.

Quote Originally Posted by jun82 View Post
    but do u on air con at times? as a newbie i was afraid that the lens/camera might spoil so i had already gt a dry cabi...
    aircon is dry air, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by third3rdwheel View Post
    aircon is dry air, my friend.
    yup that was why i am asking does he on air con anot.....

A growth triangle for most typical fungal spores...

A absence or removal of any 1 of the main or sub-conditions will retard the growth and further reproduction of more fungal spores. A dry cabinet is a convenient equipment to protect your gears but it is not necessary, placing you lenses in a bookshelf where it can receive plenty of fresh air and the occasional sunlight serve the purpose just as well.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 25th December 2009 at 03:18 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

For some strange reason I read the "Spore" as "Singapore" in the diagram above.
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei View Post
    For some strange reason I read the "Spore" as "Singapore" in the diagram above.
    mi too.. I thought its a diagram for Singapore humility level or something.. haha..

Quote Originally Posted by yun10 View Post
    mi too.. I thought its a diagram for Singapore humility level or something.. haha..
    Or a diagram to tell us how damaging Singapore is to lenses!
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

Quote Originally Posted by blurry80 View Post
    if you store in 2 cabinets the salesmen will earn twice as much

Agree!
    As a salesman, he/she will always thinks their benefit 1st.
    I am salesman tQQ!
    What I will advice customer if I sell camera and its accessories--

Lens(s) are wives of your camera xxD,
    they may make quarrel if put together,
    As a husband (xxD camera),
    he nid accompany them at least once a week, to make them cheerful.
    if got 3 lens,
    then buy 3 dry cabi.

--In the END--
    NO QUARREL,
    NO WORRIES,
    NO MONEY also-->after bought dry cabi(s)

jus joke!

Comment buy a 68 Litter at least, a big bunglow make u easier to take him out!
    Aipo recommended!

Cheers,
    Tim

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234