Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offence to carry Nunchaku in camera bag?

Default Re: Offence to carry Nunchaku in camera bag?

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Is a knife also a scheduled weapon? It definitely can kill, but everyone uses it everyday......

HS
    knife is not a scheduled weapon...but it will become and offensive weapon if it is used in a way which would jeopardize ppl's life or property. An offensive weapon can be anything that is being misuse to harm or hurt ppl..whereas a scheduled weapon is something which has been prohibited under the law. For example, a person can have a knife in possession but he can be a chef, which justify the explanation. But there is no reason a person in possesion of a nunchaku can justify his action as its clear that a nunchaku purpose is to hit your enemy. Even if he said he has martial arts lesson would not justify that as he would need a license to own one.
    Award winner of Singapore Young Photographer Award 2012
    dennisongphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Is a knife also a scheduled weapon? It definitely can kill, but everyone uses it everyday......

HS
    ya scheduled weapon... but i dun use it daily, cos i not a butcher... only butcher make schedule with ah sohs in morning to do chopping.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Nunchaku is a forbidden weapon?
    I see it at some martial arts shops & seen people practising chinese martial arts with it before leh?

under SG law, there is a whole list of prohibited weapons: nanchuks, blades (above 3"), guns, pepper sprays, belt knife etc, the list goes on. if the items is concelable and deem dangerous, it will be confiscated.

unless u have a license for it in which case u probably have a purpose for it as well.
    i am a blade collector and for every one i have to register my name with the SPF, the shop does it for me actually.

SCHEDULED WEAPONS

1. Any knife, sometimes known as a flick knife, which has a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to the handle of the knife.

2. Any knife, sometimes known as a gravity knife, which has a blade which is released from the handle or sheath thereof by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal force and which, when released, is locked in place by means of a button, spring, lever or other device.

3. Any whip manufactured from bicycle or motor cycle chains or from any similar kind of chainwork.

4. All kinds of knuckledusters.

5. Any blade or other instrument attached to or forming part of a bicycle pump, metal-pipe or stick, and concealed therein, which is capable of being used for cutting or stabbing.

6. Any sword, machete or parang, axe, sickle, bearing scraper, spear, bayonet, iron rod, and the nancha-ku (segments of wood or metal joined by a chain, leather strap or cord).

I remembered bringing in a 6 feet blow-pipe through customs and was invited for coffee by the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisthetiger View Post
    haha...i am in 128th intake...more den a hundred intake away haha...

My goodness...heheh lights years away man.

Quote Originally Posted by caterpillai View Post
    I remembered bringing in a 6 feet blow-pipe through customs and was invited for coffee by the authorities.
    Did they serve Curry Puffs?

Quote Originally Posted by tribal.snake View Post
    under SG law, there is a whole list of prohibited weapons: nanchuks, blades (above 3"), guns, pepper sprays, belt knife etc, the list goes on. if the items is concelable and deem dangerous, it will be confiscated.

unless u have a license for it in which case u probably have a purpose for it as well.
    i am a blade collector and for every one i have to register my name with the SPF, the shop does it for me actually.
    Eh really pepper spray also cannot bring? This is popular item in ladies handbag in US and Australian big cities

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    Eh really pepper spray also cannot bring? This is popular item in ladies handbag in US and Australian big cities
    and so is condom

Quote Originally Posted by dennisthetiger View Post
    haha...i am in 128th intake...more den a hundred intake away haha...
    I was in the 72nd intake...thats like in between u and sammy888. The new HTA is like chalet compared to the old PA (in just about every aspect).

Smile Re: Offence to carry Nunchaku in camera bag?

not illegal. prohibited items.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    are nunchaks and a staff considered illegal weapons herE?

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    I was in the 72nd intake...thats like in between u and sammy888. The new HTA is like chalet compared to the old PA (in just about every aspect).
    That's what I heard heheh.....recruits get it so easy these day. Lucky them hehe...

My time was wearing those awful flat black china kung fu shoes for running now they wear way cool runners. What brand this time around I am wondering?

Getting back to topic. At the end of the day it is really about what you were caught using the nunchaku or whatever is deem usuable as a weapon. Having them on you at the wrong time, place or reason when you get spot check will land you in big trouble that is for sure. heheh.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    That's what I heard heheh.....recruits get it so easy these day. Lucky them hehe...

My time was wearing those awful flat black china kung fu shoes for running now they wear way cool runners. What brand this time around I am wondering?

Getting back to topic. At the end of the day it is really about what you were caught using the nunchaku or whatever is deem usuable as a weapon. Having them on you at the wrong time, place or reason when you get spot check will land you in big trouble that is for sure. heheh.
    having the nunchaks is illegal regardless of why u were having them on u. if i am not wrong, it stemmed from the past where gang members carried concealed weapons and the act was meant as a deterrence against them.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    having the nunchaks is illegal regardless of why u were having them on u. if i am not wrong, it stemmed from the past where gang members carried concealed weapons and the act was meant as a deterrence against them.
    Hmmm, I have it from a reliable authority that an untrained nunchak user normally does more damage to himself than his enemy...

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Hmmm, I have it from a reliable authority that an untrained nunchak user normally does more damage to himself than his enemy...
    haha. i think untrained users can be recognised by their swollen heads and down under.
    Last edited by flipfreak; 9th March 2008 at 08:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12