Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: K200D not coming to Singapore?

Default Re: K200D not coming to Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    Could there be a silver version for K200D ? My chinese not very good though.

http://www.dcview.com.tw/article/new...le.asp?id=6064
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    這次所發表的K200D Super,雖然在顏色上繼承了「*ist DL」以來黑色的機身,不過卻又再度創新,消費者也可以選購銀色的機身款式。
    Seems like it, but for K200D Super?
    Translation (bad grammar cos of direct translation):
    "The K200D Super announced this time, although it inherited the black color used since ist* DL, but here is yet another innovation, consumers can also chose to buy a model with a silver body."

Cool. Sliver body to go along with the sliver lenses. I think it will be very attention seeking.
    Let's get rolling :)

Silver plastic covered with black rubber body covering. Ugh! Ugly.

wonder if they come out with a sliver vertical grip to go with it also?

They should have made it available to multi-colours to tap the female yuppie market. Make it like an Ipod icon.... Soon you will see them hanging colourful pentax DSLR around their necks in Orchard Road.

Just did some research on the pentax website.
    From the exact specs, we can be pretty sure its the same K10D ccd that they use on the K200D.

BTW, I was also looking at the HDR specs and it seems it only appears under "playback" mode for both the K20D and K200D. This feature is not mentioned in the K10D which means its a new one. I can only assume the K200D and K20D basically takes and stores 3 images at 3 different exposure compensation and then only merge it in playback mode. Also,the new range (K10D and K200D feature and enhanced dynamic range that doubles the dynamic range over the K10D! I know its more software rather than hardware changes but the features are appreciated.

As for those who want to shoot in IR, there appears to be a b/w+ IR mode in the camera. Of course, again this is software processing rather than actual IR filter but hey, that's appreciated too! :-)

Another feature I like is the ability to take images in raw and jpeg, so we lose nothing. I only wonder if they have improved on the default raw-to-jpeg mode in the K200D so that all complaints about poorer jpgs in the K10D is addressed.

So you see, unless they push the K10D price down to BELOW K100D Super prices, I think only a K200D will satisfy my upgrade pangs...:-))

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by airconvent; 8th March 2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: more info + corrections
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

Yeah...K200D instruction manual is up...

http://www.pentaxslr.com/files/scms_...00D_Manual.pdf

yeah finally EV compensation does not disable the auto iso feature anymore

other than no dedicated focus mode lever for APC and APS, metering mode lever for metering mode, the rest of the functions are pretty much what i need since i shoot raw wb is not an issue...

The HDR function is actually a filter function (pg186), so i dunno whether it actually take 3 photos and merge them or just simply used 1 photo, duplicate 2 more with difference exposure adjustment and merge them...

if the focusing and metering is as good as K20D...its time for me to get 1
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

I think k200D is in stock in BHPvideophoto. It's also in stock for Amazon!

Anyone's interested? We could share the shipment charges!!

I think kX00d series still holds its ground. It's small and light, uses AA batteries, and with all the improvements made that you've have like (Dust/Weather,2.7 inch, same k10d view finder, Sensor clean, SDM, RAW button), it's really sounds like a good deal (but at 50 bucks more than k10d).

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post

I think kX00d series still holds its ground. It's small and light, uses AA batteries, and with all the improvements made that you've have like (Dust/Weather,2.7 inch, same k10d view finder, Sensor clean, SDM, RAW button), it's really sounds like a good deal (but at 50 bucks more than k10d).
    would prefer to see test images/reviews first

but yeah, on paper it is extremely strong.. the battery life seems phenomenal too, for aa batteries on a dslr/prosumer

im also waiting for user feedback on the K200D, nothing beats real life samples...if the performance is good then i dun mind getting them online if Shriro does not bring them in...warranty should be able to get but will Shriro able to service them ?? Dunno whether are they trained to service K200D
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

[to Flowerpot and night86mare]
    Yea.. i will wait a bit for real ppl reviews, instead of mags' (likely to be US). But judging from the scores of folks liking the k20d, it's likely to be a hit (k200d).

Sad though that they took out the 3200 ISO.

[to flowerpot]
    Kevin, from shriro, should be able to hand it..don't think that's a problem.

Sad though that they took out the 3200 ISO.
    K200D used a CCD sensor which is exactly the same as the one in K10D. That's why its ISO range is 100 to 1600 (the same as in K10D) Not that they took it out, it's not there in the first place ...

K200D vs K20D, I think the main difference is the power souce (4x AA batteries vs dedicated lion battery). The other differences can be easily handled imo. If you prefer using AA batteries, go w/ the K200D. Otherwise go w/ the k20D. I'm sure you can take equally good photos w/ any of the two.

The viewfinder is different. K200D is using the penta-mirror. Different from K10D which is using pentaprism.

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    The viewfinder is different. K200D is using the penta-mirror. Different from K10D which is using pentaprism.
    What's the difference? Not as bright?

yeah....lots and lots of reviews are coming in for the K20D but its soooooo quiet for the K200D. I would prefer to buy in Singapore where I can get a warranty...but if shriro does not want to import it, we have no choice.

What's the difference? Not as bright?
    yes, that should be the consensus

for example, when i used the k10d, i could see faint outlines of objects in the sun when i looked through the viewfinder with hoya r72 on

with my k100d, can only see the sun

Called Cathay Photo last week for prices quote and also enquired about the K200 the guy told me coming in April.

ok...I also got confirmation from Shriro's partner that the K200D will arrive end Apr 08.
    I suspect its to allow the current retailers to clear their stocks of K100D supers first.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    yes, that should be the consensus

for example, when i used the k10d, i could see faint outlines of objects in the sun when i looked through the viewfinder with hoya r72 on

with my k100d, can only see the sun
    I think that's why I am going for the k20d instead.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast