Thread: Please recommend me a nice stylish laptop bag for my Powerbook 17"!

Default Please recommend me a nice stylish laptop bag for my Powerbook 17"!

Such as the one like this: SFBags - WaterField Designs
    But too expensive, USD$249

Or this: CITRA from Flight 001

Or this: http://www.acmemade.com/graphics/ite...im/cadetLG.jpg

Any other to recommend? My budget is around S$50..

TIA!
    Last edited by behyx; 6th March 2008 at 10:22 PM.

Default Re: Please recommend me a nice stylish laptop bag for my Powerbook 17"!

Honestly, all the bags you have chosen are WAY out of your budget. Practically speaking, $50 ain't really going to get you something that looks like any of those you have chosen. However, you can look at brands like Targus, Dicota, Fabrix. They do offer some stylish looking laptop bags that might be within your budget or slightly higher.

If you want anything like want you mentioned, be prepared to fork out over $300 for them. If not, i'd say a safe budget of $150 can get you quite stylish looking bags from Incase, Pedro and Moshi.

All the brand I mentioned can be found in Funan and Simlim Square (thought for Incase you might have to order online if you want a wider selection).

I personally own a Incase and Moshi Codex case and those were $90 and $120 respectively. And they are my most used cases for my MBP and they are extremely durable and offer wonderful protection.

Good luck in your search!

Quote Originally Posted by vii_haven View Post
    Honestly, all the bags you have chosen are WAY out of your budget. Practically speaking, $50 ain't really going to get you something that looks like any of those you have chosen. However, you can look at brands like Targus, Dicota, Fabrix. They do offer some stylish looking laptop bags that might be within your budget or slightly higher.

If you want anything like want you mentioned, be prepared to fork out over $300 for them. If not, i'd say a safe budget of $150 can get you quite stylish looking bags from Incase, Pedro and Moshi.

All the brand I mentioned can be found in Funan and Simlim Square (thought for Incase you might have to order online if you want a wider selection).

I personally own a Incase and Moshi Codex case and those were $90 and $120 respectively. And they are my most used cases for my MBP and they are extremely durable and offer wonderful protection.

Good luck in your search!
    Thanks man, looks like i have to raise my budget. Today at IT show day 1 i saw nothing I like. All are just normal black laptop bags, very ugly. Luckily i never buy...

Though the Incase is very good, i will seriously consider that

Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    Thanks man, looks like i have to raise my budget. Today at IT show day 1 i saw nothing I like. All are just normal black laptop bags, very ugly. Luckily i never buy...

Though the Incase is very good, i will seriously consider that
    There nothing in this world that is cheap and good. Bags are no difference bro. Investing so much money on a good notebook, it is really does not make sense for you to buy a bag that is not design to hold a notebook, have the right cushion to safe guard it against jarring forces as you walk about with it or drop it! Some proper pockets in the bag to hold hold chargers, wires....etc. Not just hold them but hold them without baging about inside the bag...again against your notebook's exterior finishing.

If you really want to save money or money is tight. I would suggest you get a notebook pouch that is made of those soft thick neoprene and a zipper. At least if you chuck your notebook into a flimsy haversack or sling bag, there is some proper protection for your wifey notebook heheh. That are also not that expensive and is worth the investment.

But if you want something that is really cool looking, built specifically to hold notebook, have the right amoutn of compartments or pockets then you are looking at having to save up or cough out some serious money. I saw the Oakley one and I am now thinking hard about it hehe...that one will be great not just for my notebook but double for my mountain biking off road trips heh. Cost..more then $200. And that is still consider quite cheap. You want something more cool or with leather or like a designer brand...you are looking beyond $300 to $1000. Now I would not say paying so much more beyond like $500 will make it impossible to break your notebook ( or your bank) but at those pricing...you are paying for design and the "cool" factor which may or may not be what you want or need.

Thus $150 to about $250 should buy you some really good bags for your new toy. But if you really want to save and just get something cheap. Go back to my first idea. Get a cushion neoprene pounch to keep your notebook inside it after that you can put it into some cheap $20-30 haversack hehe. Better then nothing.

It's like you want to hunt for good camera bags that protect your gear well, but you want them cheap. Same thing for laptop bags man. They don't come cheap. Even Fabrix cases will exceed your budget, and Fabrix makes some nice ones.

BTW, rmb me, bro? Cool to see you're running Mac too.

U may want to visit IT Show now in Suntec, go to level 6. There is a stand that sell fashion bag for laptop.

Cheers/TM

Will Prada or LV fit the bill? Long ago, I put a small camera in a hunting world case and its (parachute) material was tough and weatherproof. Love it! And the best part was, its cheaper than an LV by a couple hundreds. LOL

No offense, but honestly, an ntuc bag can also be a bag. Maybe it's a matter of blending into an environment and getting the shot.

However, to invest in a good bag to transport the gear, practicality can sometimes outweigh a fashion statement. How chic a bag looks on an individual depends on how one thinks, accessorize and style himself/herself.

Enjoy the search and have fun fitting out.

Crumpler Europe, Timbuk2, and Booq makes pretty decent bags for MacBookPros as well. My stuff has NEVER gotten wet inside my Crumplers before no matter how heavy the rain. I trust my bags.

My theory is simple, if i spend $4k on my MBP, its worth it to spend $200-$300 to ensure that my $4k investment is safe and dry.

Maybe you'd want to consider a Zeroshock sleeve with your budget? It is simple, and in plain black, but it protects quite well from shock and fits nicely into many existing bags that you might have as well.

Clickchic
    Guests

Rather than getting the first bag in your list, get this one from the same company. It's a bit above your $50 budget when you add the flap and the shoulder strap, but I use it and I can vouch that the quality is top notch. It's very weatherproof, and quite slick looking. (Pictures don't really do it justice.)

SleeveCase

Good luck.