Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

  1. #1

    Default Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

    Hey guys .. posting this on behalf of my younger bro . He will be going Taiwan in Aug and is now looking for affordable accomodation in Taipei . Rainbow is one of his choice . Any other recommendations ? Accessibility is a plus . Best if priced below SGD 100 .. Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

    Quote Originally Posted by kultchris View Post
    Hey guys .. posting this on behalf of my younger bro . He will be going Taiwan in Aug and is now looking for affordable accomodation in Taipei . Rainbow is one of his choice . Any other recommendations ? Accessibility is a plus . Best if priced below SGD 100 .. Thanks
    rainbow shld be more than 100. those in city area will be more ex despite being 3 stars only.

    i wouldn't stay in rainbow. too old and got a funky smell.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

    Ya i heard tat Rainbow hotel standard isnt very gd .. but for the price i think cant expect much either cos the location's pretty gd . Thanks flipfreak ..

  4. #4

    Default Re: Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

    try handsome or onestar aka wonstar. also good location as well.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

    anyway guys .. do keep the recommendations coming .. best if priced below $150 .. but of cos the cheaper the better .. Thanks

  6. #6

    Default Re: Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

    I second this. Stayed at Wonstar there for 6 nights last year. Good service and location. Cozy room comes with a 32" LCD TV and bathtub. Security was good also. Only complain is the breakfast. The food are way too blend for me and my friends. A food street is located just diagonally across the road with less than 30seconds walking distance

    Paid about S$100 per day.

    Walking time to nearest MRT (Ximending MRT) is about 8-10minutes.

    This hotel is located about 2minute walking distance from Rainbow hotel.

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    try handsome or onestar aka wonstar. also good location as well.
    Last edited by Magix88; 7th March 2008 at 05:42 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

    Quote Originally Posted by kultchris View Post
    Hey guys .. posting this on behalf of my younger bro . He will be going Taiwan in Aug and is now looking for affordable accomodation in Taipei . Rainbow is one of his choice . Any other recommendations ? Accessibility is a plus . Best if priced below SGD 100 .. Thanks
    Bro.....i will be in Taiwan from 12 to 22. I will be staying this hotel http://www.highness.com.tw/kdm/rooms.php

    Its just above the MRT distance.......cheers
    :vhappy:EOS400D

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default Re: Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

    try Rich Garden. more than $100 but it is excellent. free internet in every room. i saw those cheap hotels there....erm...a bit like those geylang hotels

  9. #9

    Default Re: Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Magix88 View Post
    I second this. Stayed at Wonstar there for 6 nights last year. Good service and location. Cozy room comes with a 32" LCD TV and bathtub. Security was good also. Only complain is the breakfast. The food are way too blend for me and my friends. A food street is located just diagonally across the road with less than 30seconds walking distance

    Paid about S$100 per day.

    Walking time to nearest MRT (Ximending MRT) is about 8-10minutes.

    This hotel is located about 2minute walking distance from Rainbow hotel.
    everyday eat porridge with peanuts.

    mos burger is just next door. the best part is camera street is across the rd.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

    I like to recommend Regal Executive Suite, +886 2 2713 8600, cost 1800NT per day, with breakfast.
    Hotel is near MRT station [last station] next to the hotel is a good pub very popular, on its right is a Thai restaurant.
    A very nice SMALL hotel, very friendly. Clean and good value for money.

    I stay there in Dec last year and again Feb this year, just back from there 2 weeks ago.

    Breakfast: basic but good value. Fruit, salad; juice, coffee, bread, porridge, ... My two trips there met caucasians business traveller too.

    Give it a try, 1800NT good value.

    Cheers

  11. #11

    Default Re: Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

    try this.

    http://www.gocityinn.com/

    a stone's throw (in fact it is just directly opposite) Taipei Main Train/MRT Station and Bus Station. travelling to/fro Taoyuan Airport is a breeze via the airport bus service while travelling to all parts of Taipei or even to other cities in Taiwan can be done via the main train/MRT station.

    camera street is jus round the corner and 15mins walk from Ximenting.

    it's a budget and no frills hotel, no bf included but comes with washing machine and dryer on the 2nd level. plenty of good food outlets, macdonalds, starbucks within 1 min walk.

    they offer 'resting hours' services so u will get many walk-in customers but what the heck, you will usually not be around during the day so what-the-heck.

    overall, a good-value-for-money budget hotel given their central location.


  12. #12

    Default Re: Affordable hotels in Taipei ..

    Thanks guys for all the recommendations .. will ask my bro to check tem out !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •