Thread: 40D newbie question

Default 40D newbie question

Hi forumers over @ CS

PC show starting tomorrow. Wanna ask...would it be good if i get a 40D kit 2 or i should only get body and get lens somewhere else? if yes, wad type of lens are recommended?
    I hope to get a medium class lens.

Not sure if these info are sufficient. Do inform me if i provide insufficient info.

Thanks.

Default Re: 40D newbie question

Quote Originally Posted by xxhellinvaderxx View Post
    Hi forumers over @ CS

PC show starting tomorrow. Wanna ask...would it be good if i get a 40D kit 2 or i should only get body and get lens somewhere else? if yes, wad type of lens are recommended?
    I hope to get a medium class lens.

Not sure if these info are sufficient. Do inform me if i provide insufficient info.

Thanks.
    the RRP at the fair is kinda high. for $2899 its not worth it. thou they are giving away freebies.

do check out local camera shops, they can match/beat their pricing as well as freebies too.

but u can go to the fair and play ard with the camera and lenses.

we are not sure of what u are going to take. so basically, the kit II lens is the 17-85 IS USM. quite a gd walkard lens for starters.
    EOS 6D | GH4 | LX100 | HERO4

don't bother with the freebies. half of them are crap.

i got mine when the camera was launched at 300 below what they are selling for now. save the money for more worthwhile stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    don't bother with the freebies. half of them are crap.

i got mine when the camera was launched at 300 below what they are selling for now. save the money for more worthwhile stuff.
    sth like that. but i bought mine at the fair last yr end. same RRP @ $2899, but i told the person there i dowant all the freebies and quote me the best price.

in the end i got my 40D Kit II @ $2600 + they throw in some freebies anyway (2gb CF, canon camera bag, some photography books (3 of them)).
    EOS 6D | GH4 | LX100 | HERO4

i got mine for lesser from the shops.

You may want to check out the street prices at this thread:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...184322&page=24