Yes, I am back!
As part of the islands expendition, I am organising a trip to Pulau Semakau. Prior to that, we had already conquered Pulau Hantu, Pulau Ubin, St John Island and Sisters Island.
Date : April, Saturday TBC
Meeting Time : 0730 hour
Meeting Place : West Coast Pier/Ferry Terminal near the West Coast Park (neighbouring the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club)
Return Time : 1230 hour
Cost : $45.00 (to and from)
Things to bring :
1) 1.25 litres of water (at least)
2) Dry rations
3) Tripod and all your gear
4) Sunglass / Sun Block lotion
5) Insect Repellant
For safety and comfort reasons, it is recommended to walk a proper footwear such as trekking shoes. Lastly, do not litter the place.
Some FAQ :
1) Is photography allowed in Pulau Semakau?
Photography is allowed.
2) Why is that a rule stating anyone who is age < 12 is not allowed on the island?
The ruling comes from NEA due to safety reasons.
3) Is there any toilet facility on the island?
There are modern toilets in the main plant building & also portable toilets here and there along the accessible routes.
4) Do we need to bring passport for identification? Can IC substitute it?
Yes, either I/C or Passport.
5) Can we buy drinks / food on the island?
No, you Can’t buy food or drinks on the island.