Thread: i've been chosen for a photography competition. (racial harmony)

Default i've been chosen for a photography competition. (racial harmony)

i'm totally new to this. although i've been shooting alot with an old cyber shot tsc model. and photography is my passion. i really love B&Ws and off focus pictures (like macros).

so i've been chosen to take part in this competition. i will be borrowing my friend's canon 300d. it's an old model though. i don't mind as it takes sharp pictures. i'm also creative in taking pictures. the best thing is that this comp. lets me edit pictures!

as in when the idea comes in e.g city life, urban life, abstracts. now, the theme is racial harmony. i know places i can go for is chinatown, little india etc for different cultures to take pictures of.

anyone else knows if there's any exhibitions or ongoings about cultures now? and FREEE?

i really wna have fun in this even if i were to win a consolation prize.

i don't need to know aperture etc all these. all i'm shooting for is creative ideas and good sharp, angled, B&W, candid pictures.

Default Re: i've been chosen for a photography competition. (racial harmony)

Any camera lets you take good, sharp, angled, B&W pictures, if you know what you're doing. More often than not, the problem lies behind the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    More often than not, the problem lies behind the camera.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by demolishf1 View Post
    i don't need to know aperture etc all these. all i'm shooting for is creative ideas and good sharp, angled, B&W, candid pictures.
    To be frank, from the set of photos you posted last November ... unless you've improved lots ... I think you should know aperture etc leh A 300D doesn't do miracles
    Last edited by ndroo; 6th March 2008 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    To be frank, from the set of photos you posted last November ... unless you've improved lots ... I think you should know aperture etc leh A 300D doesn't do miracles
    really have to agree with ndroo ...

well, wish u luck, boy ... u need it
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

I guess the TS is too excited to learn flying before he knows how to crawl...

By skipping the basic knowledge of Aperture, shutter speed and ISO, is not being creative... its just an excuse....

But I may be wrong, maybe these days we dun have to learn A.B.C. to earn a degree??

I wish you all the best in ur competition, and good luck...

Oh, btw, the b/w photos you posted in ur november thread looks very flat and lack of details... I think its under exposed... or was it intention?? for creative purpose??

Cheers....

Hey, I've looked thru your series fr last nov. I actually like some of them, 11-13 in particular has much promise. Great start if that was your 1st shoot

Go on and learn more, do start fr the basics like many hv suggested, much info can be found on the net.

Have fun shooting, all the best!

Looking forward to u posting more shots

i'm totally new to this. although i've been shooting alot with an old cyber shot tsc model. and photography is my passion. i really love B&Ws and off focus pictures (like macros).
    sorry this caught my eye

off focus pictures (like macros)?!

off focus means blur.. i haven't seen any blur macro picture that works for me.

what's a peacock's tale?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    sorry this caught my eye

off focus pictures (like macros)?!

off focus means blur.. i haven't seen any blur macro picture that works for me.
    I think (hope) he meant the bokeh la!. Only possible blur parts I can think of.

All my off-focus macro shots are meant for trash.

thanks guys. the photos i posted last november were underexposed. i set the contrast too low hence the underexposed pictures. a friend of mine who's lending me his 300d will teach me the ABCs of ISOs and whatnot.

dont worry, i join for fun, not expecting to win. just for experience as i'm just into photography.

dont worry, i join for fun, not expecting to win. just for experience as i'm just into photography.
    Don't get us wrong ... were not worried that you win or anything

It's just that your statement somehow made some of us go

All the best to you