Thread: Plant (I dunno what it is called)

Default Plant (I dunno what it is called)

Comments on angle, colour, sat, hue, brightness etc

I was walking around in my university and chance upon this plant. I didnt take out my macro lens, rather I went ahead and shoot with my 70-200mm f/4L.
    Last edited by JohnnyW; 5th March 2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: A short writeup added
    EOS 40D | 17-40 F/4L USM

Default Re: Plant (I dunno what it is called)

will appreciate if you can write a proper writeup for your picture as per guidelines http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273376

Deregistered

this picture is messy and has no focus.

angle wise.. i'd probably like it even lower.. btw what's that brown thing? would suggest not including it in the frame.. would not include the little flower thing at the bottom..

as for the background.. the current background seems to contain a drain cover kinda thing and it's not very pleasing to look at..

as for colours.. not too sure.. but is the picture overexposed or something? maybe stop down a bit.. and higher contrast will probably help as well.. =)

my 2 cents!

Looks like a daffodil.

And your composition and color composition are off. Would prefer natural sunlight than "anyhow can" cloudy lighting.
    Alpha

It's known as a Dandelion Clock.
    Subject isolation might be what this image is begging for.

Background is cluttered. Twig in foreground on right is distracting. I really think pulling out your macro lens would have been a good idea.

Darn, seems like very messy, ok this give me a good lesson. Marco lens for marco shots! Thanks for comments!
    EOS 40D | 17-40 F/4L USM

Is the subject blur or are my eyes playing a trick on me??

Deregistered

hmm u spurge on a marco lens? i think its not abt the lens but more of the way, angle and how u setup your shots. i took close up macro shots without macro lenses. in fact with kit lens. you can check it out here http://www.flickr.com/photos/24096111@N07/2288205001/

the messy part is quite v messy in fact alot of my shots before were like tat. hee.. we learn from everything don't we? jia you dude.. hopefully the next one be alot better..

Quote Originally Posted by untitled-ego View Post
    hmm u spurge on a marco lens? i think its not abt the lens but more of the way, angle and how u setup your shots. i took close up macro shots without macro lenses. in fact with kit lens. you can check it out here http://www.flickr.com/photos/24096111@N07/2288205001/

the messy part is quite v messy in fact alot of my shots before were like tat. hee.. we learn from everything don't we? jia you dude.. hopefully the next one be alot better..

did you bring a bottle of water spray when you went shooting that day ? seems so .. hehe
    Nice set ... however do note the shadows casted when you used flash ... try not to make it too conspicuous ...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by fabianaino View Post
    did you bring a bottle of water spray when you went shooting that day ? seems so .. hehe
    Nice set ... however do note the shadows casted when you used flash ... try not to make it too conspicuous ...
    yeah my uncle taught me that. i never taught kit lenses could take such beautiful shots. hence i feel newbies all should play ard with the kit lenses first. yeah looks abit fake cus of the droplets well. i didnt notice the shadow casted thou.

Quote Originally Posted by untitled-ego View Post

good advice..

and nice shots too in your flickr album.. =)