Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HSBC Women Championship - no camera allowed

Default Re: HSBC Women Championship - no camera allowed

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture View Post
    Just read about the no Big telephoto lens for F1. But in this HSBC Women Championship that finished yesterday, it was no camera at all.

I can understand that no flash allowed, but no camera? Or video for that matter. Well, SLR or dSLR does make some clicking noise, that might affect the concentration of the golfers. But at something like 20m away, I am wondering if the shutter noise could be heard in an open field. This is especially so at the Tanah Merah CC, which is like less than 300m away from the runway, with planes landing and taking off from both runways. Actually, with any plane moving, you can fire off your shutter GPMG style and no one could hear the noise at all.

BTW, anyone knows if there is any comparison of shutter noise among the popular dSLR?
    Women's Golf? No cameras allowed? No thank you. Not gonna lose sleep over it.

Women's Tennis? Now, that's a whole different ball game altogether. I'll be crying bloody murder if they don't allow DSLRS!!!

It's just the typical singaporean mentality that just because you paid for the tickets, you think it's your entitlement to take pics.

Do as romans do in rome. If you do not want to abide by the rules. Then don't go. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang View Post
    That's one thing I don't understand about golf. If you know there's going to be a whole lot of noise going on, why not train with ambient noise in the background? Lots of athletes of all sports do this. I mean, has anyone ever been to a sideline of a NBA, World Cup or NFL game? The noise from 150 000 to 200 000 spectators is terrific, I don't see those athletes whining and crying over spectator noise. In F1 and Moto GP racing, a moments lapse in concentration can kill the driver, I don't see the drivers whining that the cars or the spectators are too loud. And all those sports require tremendous amounts of concentration too. Guess it must be a golf thing, and that's why I much rather be watching sports with the unwashed masses and screaming my lungs out than supporting a sport "deep with tradition."
    Well said.

Now, my point is this - Tanah Merah CC must be one of the noisiest course around with aircraft taking off and landing and a busy road next to it too. I am very sure my shutter noise is entirely drown out by the ambient noise.

Another point - even tiny PnS cams without shutter noise were not allowed.

Next issue - how noisy is the shutter of a dSLR or rather how far away you need to be in order for the golfer not to hear the shutter click in the golf course. I guess at 20m away, you cannot hear a thing. Just out of curiosity, I might wanna to test it out. And of course, some dSLR are more noisy than others.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Women's Golf? No cameras allowed? No thank you. Not gonna lose sleep over it.

Women's Tennis? Now, that's a whole different ball game altogether. I'll be crying bloody murder if they don't allow DSLRS!!!
    wait until women golfer wear leotard then you cry foul

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    wait until women golfer wear leotard then you cry foul
    For some unexplainable reason, whenever I see women's golf on TV, that mental picture of my aunt and her kakis quibbing about on the green keeps haunting me.

Maybe we should entice the likes of Maria Sharapova and at least one of the Williams sisters to join golf?

Talking about the Williams sisters, perhaps its time they join golf, they're getting a little too slow for tennis And besides, I'd pay good money to watch Venus Williams out-drive Tiger from the men's tee box!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12