Thread: kenko teleplus pro 300 products

Default kenko teleplus pro 300 products

I have just did some research on these product, 1.4x, 2.0x and 3.0x, but couldnt find any difference except magnification and price.

Is there any optical quality different between the three (like 3.0x has 3 stop loss, and the other two has less stop loss?)

I'm asking this because i'm considering the 3.0x one, and it seems like in the market place in CS there is no one selling this. So I dont know if there is any problem with this that make ppl not buy it (therefore no one sells)

Thanks

Default Re: kenko teleplus pro 300 products

Quote Originally Posted by tqviet0327 View Post
    I have just did some research on these product, 1.4x, 2.0x and 3.0x, but couldnt find any difference except magnification and price.

Is there any optical quality different between the three (like 3.0x has 3 stop loss, and the other two has less stop loss?)

I'm asking this because i'm considering the 3.0x one, and it seems like in the market place in CS there is no one selling this. So I dont know if there is any problem with this that make ppl not buy it (therefore no one sells)

Thanks
    The 3.0x teleconverter would degrade image quality by a standard thats too much for most photographers to accept. Therefore it is rarely seen in market place as few people buy it.

so, does it mean that the 2.0x also degrades image quality more than the 1.4x?

Quote Originally Posted by tqviet0327 View Post
    so, does it mean that the 2.0x also degrades image quality more than the 1.4x?
    rough answer: yes

this was what i heard
    2X will lower the stop by 2x and degrade pic by 2x
    1.7x will lower the stop by 1.7x and degrade pic by 1.7x
    1.4X will lower the stop by 1.4x and degrade pic by 1.4x

hehe not sure true or not

so if you start with a very good lense and use 2x... then prepare an acceptable pic quality
    and if you start with a kit lens and use 2x also... then prepare for something really bad...

all this based on hear say and a little experience too
    Last edited by slooow; 2nd March 2008 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slooow View Post
    this was what i heard
    2X will lower the stop by 2x and degrade pic by 2x
    1.7x will lower the stop by 1.7x and degrade pic by 1.7x
    1.4X will lower the stop by 1.4x and degrade pic by 1.4x

hehe not sure true or not

so if you start with a very good lense and use 2x... then prepare an acceptable pic quality
    and if you start with a kit lens and use 2x also... then prepare for something really bad...

all this based on hear say and a little experience too
    It doesn't degrade pic 2x per say, but rather more than a 1.4x teleconverter if you get what I mean. Its not like the picture becomes totally wrong or anything.

3x TC is not very popular because the IQ will be quite bad and lossing 3 stop of light make focusing quite hard.

Use with care, it can be quite fun.

Some sample photo using 3xTC (uncropped)