Thread: Morning Dew

Deregistered

Default Morning Dew

Here's an attempt focusing manually.
    Done with my uncle's super vintage 70-210 SLR lens. As i am using a D40X, i had to do manual focusing.

I am new at photography so C&C are much appreciated.

Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May. Hoping to capture the morning dew against the green patch of grass!

Default Re: Morning Dew

Space on the right is redundant. Would have gotten a greater impact if you got closer.
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Space on the right is redundant. Would have gotten a greater impact if you got closer.
    thanks. would cropping it makes it look better?

Cropping would help in a way but going closer either with a macro lens or ext tube will help even more
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

Deregistered

yeah sure. no $$ for macro will see what i can do . thanks wil lcrop it soon

cropping may improve the photograph, but the photograph needs to be improved in the first place before cropping - right now the arrangement of the elements in the picture are still relatively disorganised. exposure and focus and choice of aperture setting to give depth of field resultant is alright, but a different angle should be taken to make the picture more aesthetically pleasing - unless that is not what you are going for.

Deregistered

alrite somehow i felt i should have taken it from a lower angle (as in shoot it upwards)

Quote Originally Posted by untitled-ego View Post
    alrite somehow i felt i should have taken it from a lower angle (as in shoot it upwards)
    i am not a plant macro shooter, but what i meant was to find an angle whereby the division of all the stalks is more clear.

for some reason i always felt that shooting plant macro is not easy even though you do not experience the frustration you might get when shooting insects, etc. not easy to find the organisation within the mess

eikin does it very well though, you can see one of his galleries which displays the concept i am trying to convey.. here. sorry i cannot explain it in more detail, due to lack of experience.