Thread: Where can I buy heavy duty velcro ?

Default Where can I buy heavy duty velcro ?

Friends,
    Need help.

I went to Art Friend and got a strip of velcro (one side has glue and the other side has velcro) but the damn thing doesn't work. The side that has glue sticks well, but the velcro is too weak (sorry, don't know the right term to use ).

I just need to 'stick' two pieces of thick cardboard using the velcro. (ok, I can't use a double sided 3M tape because I would like to take apart the cardboard pieces from time to time...)

Any idea where I can get some heavy duty velcro ?

Many thanks, in advance.
    Last edited by asterixsg; 1st March 2008 at 04:47 PM.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Default Re: Where can I buy heavy duty velcro ?

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Friends,
    Need help.

I went to Art Friend and got a strip of velcro (one side has glue and the other side has velcro) but the damn thing doesn't work. The side that has glue sticks well, but the velcro is too weak (sorry, don't know the right term to use ).

I just need to 'stick' two pieces of thick cardboard using the velcro. (ok, I can't use a double sided 3M tape because I would like to take apart the cardboard pieces from time to time...)

Many thanks, in advance.

get 3m's "dual lock" ? Should be available everywhere.. diy shops, supermarkets..
    Should be able to hold quite well...

http://www.andybaird.com/travels/gertie/superlock.htm
    Last edited by rOnGrEn; 1st March 2008 at 06:34 PM.

Smile Re: Where can I buy heavy duty velcro ?

velcro of various width are available at jalan sultan textile centre.

Get the "Velcro" branded velcro. It is the original one. I think it is available at home fix where i got mine last time(tanglin branch).
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

How much you need? I have about one yard I can sell you for a nominal price (say $1). Let me know,

Wai Leong
    ===

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Friends,
    Need help.

Many thanks, in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by rOnGrEn View Post
    get 3m's "dual lock" ? Should be available everywhere.. diy shops, supermarkets..
    Should be able to hold quite well...

http://www.andybaird.com/travels/gertie/superlock.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    velcro of various width are available at jalan sultan textile centre.
    Quote Originally Posted by chanxj View Post
    Get the "Velcro" branded velcro. It is the original one. I think it is available at home fix where i got mine last time(tanglin branch).
    thanks a lot guys. damn, should've thought of home fix. there's one branch right near my office.

Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    How much you need? I have about one yard I can sell you for a nominal price (say $1). Let me know,

Wai Leong
    ===
    Wai Leong,
    Many thanks. I think that's about the length I need. sent you a PM.
    PS : we haven't met after that Pulau Ubin outing. can buy you a copi in addition to the $1
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....