Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Cannot view pics from SD card

  1. #1

    Default Cannot view pics from SD card

    Hi.. not sure if this is the right place but can someone give some guidance to a newbie here pl?
    I cant download my shots from the SD card into my pc but I can review them in my camera. What's wrong? And I cant copy them too.. got this error message about some I/O problem. But some shots taken earlier were fine and can be viewed and downloaded. Is it a faulty SD card? Would appreciate some enlightenment please. Thanks !

  2. #2

    Default Re: Cannot view pics from SD card

    what's your method of download? do you use a cable to connect the camera to pc or you use an external memory card reader?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Cannot view pics from SD card

    Hi.. my laptop has a supplied card reader. Problem is, it can read and download pics taken few days ago, but lately some pics taken on a different occassion wont open up. They are all saved in the same folder. So, my reader will read up to a certain no. of shots and then get stuck with the rest.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Cannot view pics from SD card

    Have you tried transfer via your cable? I suspect its the card reader problem..

    My sis' Dell laptop de inbuilt reader... Fail
    Meow!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Serangoon, Singapore
    Posts
    855

    Default Re: Cannot view pics from SD card

    Quote Originally Posted by artese View Post
    Hi.. my laptop has a supplied card reader. Problem is, it can read and download pics taken few days ago, but lately some pics taken on a different occassion wont open up. They are all saved in the same folder. So, my reader will read up to a certain no. of shots and then get stuck with the rest.
    but those pics 'taken on a different occasion' manage to show up on the camera itself?

    u can try using an external usb card reader to test the card.
    u can connect ur camera via the suppiled cable to ur PC and use the camera as a card reader.

    see whether this 2 methods work for u.
    EOS 6D | GH4 | LX100 | HERO4

  6. #6

    Default Re: Cannot view pics from SD card

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragnatic View Post
    u can try using an external usb card reader to test the card.
    u can connect ur camera via the suppiled cable to ur PC and use the camera as a card reader.

    see whether this 2 methods work for u.
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post
    Have you tried transfer via your cable? I suspect its the card reader problem..

    My sis' Dell laptop de inbuilt reader... Fail
    Hi guys.. thanks for response. I managed to set up transfer using the camera via the supplied cable. The transfer rate was very fast

    Guess it must be the problematic card reader... making its own decision to transfer what it wants. I'll probably get a new card reader to do the job instead of using my camera. Hope to get good bargain at the IT show next week

  7. #7

    Default Re: Cannot view pics from SD card

    good to know you have found and solved your problem.

    there are various card readers in the market, some costing a few dollars to tens of dollars due to the higher transfer rate.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Cannot view pics from SD card

    hi,

    i do have this problem only recently.. i think it's the SD card problem rather than the reader..cos i normally use Scandisk as my memory card, but only recently due to a rush, i have gotten another brand, which gives me this problem.. It can't even be formatted when i first wanted to use it..

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Serangoon, Singapore
    Posts
    855

    Default Re: Cannot view pics from SD card

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybaokong View Post
    hi,

    i do have this problem only recently.. i think it's the SD card problem rather than the reader..cos i normally use Scandisk as my memory card, but only recently due to a rush, i have gotten another brand, which gives me this problem.. It can't even be formatted when i first wanted to use it..
    i cant stand this error..
    its called Sandisk (note the spelling!) :bsmile:

    yep, sometimes it is the card's fault. if u cant seem to access the card using different card readers/cameras/computers, its most probably the card's fault.
    EOS 6D | GH4 | LX100 | HERO4

  10. #10

    Default Re: Cannot view pics from SD card

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragnatic View Post
    i cant stand this error..
    its called Sandisk (note the spelling!) :bsmile:

    yep, sometimes it is the card's fault. if u cant seem to access the card using different card readers/cameras/computers, its most probably the card's fault.
    I will bring it to my friend to test on his pc and will let u all know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybaokong View Post
    hi,

    i do have this problem only recently.. i think it's the SD card problem rather than the reader..cos i normally use Scandisk as my memory card, but only recently due to a rush, i have gotten another brand, which gives me this problem.. It can't even be formatted when i first wanted to use it..
    hmm.. that is quite a problem. I am using Toshiba (2G). Should be reliable I think? That card has given me this problem twice. Anyone has recommendations on a reliable card?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Cannot view pics from SD card

    Quote Originally Posted by artese View Post
    I will bring it to my friend to test on his pc and will let u all know.


    hmm.. that is quite a problem. I am using Toshiba (2G). Should be reliable I think? That card has given me this problem twice. Anyone has recommendations on a reliable card?

    I still prefer transcend and scan disk.. so far not a problem.. the brand you mentioned, i have a problem reading it..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •