Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1040

Thread: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,477

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Back from pierce's seminar and some street shooting... weather really nowadays...

  2. #102
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    Back from pierce's seminar and some street shooting... weather really nowadays...
    You are right....but Pierce's seminar is very informative! ....I believe today's participants had benefited fromthe information today.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  3. #103

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Glad that you guys BBB ytd. Congrats to plasma for the D300!

    Sorry that I haven't been able to join you guys this weekend, work really shiong these 2 days. Reached home at 5.30am this morning...
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  4. #104

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    I apologise for missing the seminar. Overslept till nearly 11.
    Anyone interested in getting the eye-one display 2 calibrator, tang shooters $390.
    You'll only live once. Just once.
    Portfolio | Tangshooters

  5. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore - McNair Road
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    You are right....but Pierce's seminar is very informative! ....I believe today's participants had benefited fromthe information today.
    Hi guys, firstly thx for turning up today...had fun myself as well..

    Will appreciate if u can drop me a note on what u think of the talk..both good n bad...can even post here as well...I am thinking of developing it into a proper workshop, so wanna see if got proper audience.

    Thanx again.

  6. #106

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    You are right....but Pierce's seminar is very informative! ....I believe today's participants had benefited fromthe information today.
    yes, wanna thank pierce for the talk and ryan for letting us use the space!

  7. #107
    Member/Tangshooter jawzsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Moi live in a flat
    Posts
    714

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    finally took out the camera and showed it to wifey... show her the 15 mth warranty ...
    651D90 Mk II cameller™ ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

  8. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore - McNair Road
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by jawzsg View Post
    finally took out the camera and showed it to wifey... show her the 15 mth warranty ...
    Congratulation !!!!!!

  9. #109
    Member/Tangshooter jawzsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Moi live in a flat
    Posts
    714

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    can "Kwan Ming Zen Ta" take in take out and shoot photo liao...





    taken today at McDonalds.. kekkekek...
    651D90 Mk II cameller™ ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

  10. #110
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore - McNair Road
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by jawzsg View Post
    can "Kwan Ming Zen Ta" take in take out and shoot photo liao...





    taken today at McDonalds.. kekkekek...
    Ur daughter and son?...hhaa

  11. #111

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by jawzsg View Post


    taken today at McDonalds.. kekkekek...
    wah lao eh, where the camel shots?

  12. #112
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by pierceteo View Post
    Hi guys, firstly thx for turning up today...had fun myself as well..

    Will appreciate if u can drop me a note on what u think of the talk..both good n bad...can even post here as well...I am thinking of developing it into a proper workshop, so wanna see if got proper audience.

    Thanx again.
    I like people who request for feedback. This is a form a self improvement for individual and who encourage everyone to practice.

    Here is my feedback (No offence)

    Classroom
    Location not easily accessible to public, may need a guide to bring first timers in. The classroom is spaceious and have capability to hold 20 -30 people for a seminar if organised. In the yesterday seminar, we were able enjoy the talk by sitting on the floor freely, which reminds me of kindergarden days. ...Fun and relaxing and not formal., except the room condition is a bit cold. Other than that the environment is good, escpecially the classroom is right beside a studio.

    Flow of the Seminar
    The talk was started off with understanding of basic terms of related to the seminar to live demonstration. The slides are well organised. Easily understandable for beginners. The terms used not complicated. Love the live demonstrations and and wish it will enhance further.

    Speaker
    Slack dress up, but I love it. ....Well knowledge on the subject. Ability to answer every questions posted. . Speech is clear except for the constant coughing part, which he must really take care on his health.

    I also enjoyed the tour around the studio. It is an eye opening experience for the participants and would like to expresse thanks to the owner for showing us around.

    I will give 8/10 for the seminar and there are still room for improvement. Encourage to have more of such seminar in future. Cheers!
    Last edited by phoakm; 3rd March 2008 at 08:49 AM.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  13. #113

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by jawzsg View Post
    finally took out the camera and showed it to wifey... show her the 15 mth warranty ...
    Must practice more. You will need the courage very often.
    You'll only live once. Just once.
    Portfolio | Tangshooters

  14. #114
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Attended Pierce's Seminar on Color Management cum Digital Workflow, very educational and informative, and also entertaining! Thank you very much Pierce bro!!!

    Special thanks to Ryan for waking up early and opening up his store for us to use!

    Feedback about course
    Location: Bagus!! never realize my homeground of watching soccer actually have a studio, its a kind of mai hiam buay pai kind of location, less than 15mins walk from MRT, 5mins walk from nearest bus stop, free parking if u drive,..OT:wonder if Ryan was the previous owner of the "entertaining co."..lol

    Environment: Classroom really got the kindergarten feel..all like little boys and girls sit on the floor listen to Pierce kor kor talk! lol..Actually, there are chairs that we choose not to sit..lol..i simply enjoy this kind of less tense and not so academic kind of learning environment..i agree with phoakm oso abt the aircon too cold..but just a side note..there are ppl who insists on having proper academic environment and materials for learning..do watch out on ur target audience..

    Course Content: Color management started off very well..can see u utilizing ur expertise..good flow/progress of slides for presentation..good live demostration on how color management is done....Digital Workflow..like rojak! i noe u can do better..Other than that..i think we are trying to squeeze 2kg of milk from a 1 kg boob..too much content too little time..need to work out on that too..lol

    Speaker: When u started talking..i still think u TCSS..lol..but as the seminar progress can feel the professionalism put in....dressing wise no complaints..u not cha bo..so i dun bother how u dress..lol..and again dressing depends on ur target audience oso..

    Verdict: 10/10 for effort cause its free!!!, 6/10 if comparing to some "real/paid" workshops..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  15. #115

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by pierceteo View Post
    Hi guys, firstly thx for turning up today...had fun myself as well..

    Will appreciate if u can drop me a note on what u think of the talk..both good n bad...can even post here as well...I am thinking of developing it into a proper workshop, so wanna see if got proper audience.

    Thanx again.
    Hi Pierce, thank you for the selfless talk prepared for us.

    Overall, i enjoyed the talk throughout and i did not sleep during the seminal even only 5hrs of sleep the night b4.

    I like the way that you start off with and it get everyone to know and prepare on what you will be teaching on later.

    The only comment is the location, that's all.
    :vhappy:EOS400D

  16. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore - McNair Road
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Thanx Bros for the feedback...keep them coming!!!!

  17. #117
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Attended Pierce's Seminar on Color Management cum Digital Workflow, very educational and informative, and also entertaining! Thank you very much Pierce bro!!!

    Special thanks to Ryan for waking up early and opening up his store for us to use!

    Feedback about course
    Location: Bagus!! never realize my homeground of watching soccer actually have a studio, its a kind of mai hiam buay pai kind of location, less than 15mins walk from MRT, 5mins walk from nearest bus stop, free parking if u drive,..OT:wonder if Ryan was the previous owner of the "entertaining co."..lol

    Environment: Classroom really got the kindergarten feel..all like little boys and girls sit on the floor listen to Pierce kor kor talk! lol..Actually, there are chairs that we choose not to sit..lol..i simply enjoy this kind of less tense and not so academic kind of learning environment..i agree with phoakm oso abt the aircon too cold..but just a side note..there are ppl who insists on having proper academic environment and materials for learning..do watch out on ur target audience..

    Course Content: Color management started off very well..can see u utilizing ur expertise..good flow/progress of slides for presentation..good live demostration on how color management is done....Digital Workflow..like rojak! i noe u can do better..Other than that..i think we are trying to squeeze 2kg of milk from a 1 kg boob..too much content too little time..need to work out on that too..lol

    Speaker: When u started talking..i still think u TCSS..lol..but as the seminar progress can feel the professionalism put in....dressing wise no complaints..u not cha bo..so i dun bother how u dress..lol..and again dressing depends on ur target audience oso..

    Verdict: 10/10 for effort cause its free!!!, 6/10 if comparing to some "real/paid" workshops..
    I am thinking if we can have a seminar on production shoot will be better.
    I had saw this in PIX before. The speaker was explaining the flow of carrying out production shoot using life example. From, MUA doing make up to how the shoot is been carried out.
    Of course certain cost factor is invloved.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  18. #118
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    I am thinking if we can have a seminar on production shoot will be better.
    I had saw this in PIX before. The speaker was explaining the flow of carrying out production shoot using life example. From, MUA doing make up to how the shoot is been carried out.
    Of course certain cost factor is invloved.
    Not so soon..at least for me..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  19. #119

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    First sorry for being late, I didn't check the meeting place the day before, mistaken the meeting place to another MRT station.

    About seminar feedback....presenter is very knowledgeable in the subject, learned a lot from the seminar. And the studio tour is an eye-opener for most of us.
    let's flickr | TangShooters

  20. #120
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XVI: TCSS Thread...

    IT SHOW BBB!

    Guys, as you know IT show starting this week (Thursday). It's time to BBB some stuff.
    I will be buying some stuff at the IT show, but need some help as I am working on the day.
    BBB BROs! Can help?

    My list
    1) I-TECH Clip Vibration (Bluetooth Headset) - Confirm
    2) Aperture 2 or 2.2 (I forgot the revison) - Confirm
    3) 50 pcs Blank DVDs (Prefer Imation) - Confirm
    4) Wacom Cintiq 12wx (Need price confirmation: My budget is $1500 or less) - Not Confirm
    5) Sandisk CF Cards Extreme III 8gig X 1 - Confirm
    6) Printer cartrigde for EPSON R2400 X 1 set - Confirm
    7) Internal Sata Harddisk 1 tera - Need price confirmation - Not Confirm

    I think that's all.

    I will pay you cash when we meet in the evening. Cheers!
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •