Thread: Every Photog's Dream

Default Every Photog's Dream

Found this link in my mail today http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-987...?tag=nefd.lede

Title of article is "Start-up lets you fix focus after snapping the shutter". Helps you fix OOF shots after you shoot.

Default Re: Every Photog's Dream

Very nice find!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

although this looks great but it's just an excuse for not composing your subject properly

It's pretty kewl i wud say but with tis software there goes all e fast lens cuz u dont need them anymore. can obtain good blur even at f11.

Well, from now on, I guess I will be keeping all my OOF shots and wait until the product is commercially available...

wow, one more step in making the photographer redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Well, from now on, I guess I will be keeping all my OOF shots and wait until the product is commercially available...
    From what i understand from the article, the new technology doesn't work on older OOF pics. It uses its own lenses and sensor, its own propriety 'raw' format and only guarantees "acceptable 4R" prints.

Depending on the file size and in-camera processing required, it may or may not become economically viable (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
    From what i understand from the article, the new technology doesn't work on older OOF pics. It uses its own lenses and sensor, its own propriety 'raw' format and only guarantees "acceptable 4R" prints.

Depending on the file size and in-camera processing required, it may or may not become economically viable (yet).
    IIRC the initial paper be the research team mentioned that it requires a much higher res pic to form a very low res pic... the final res isn't 1:1 with the sensor res.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

A question here....

Do you need a new type of camera to get this done ?? Software itself could only do so much.... with it's mention of a ''special lens''.... do they mean that our camera is now outdated ??

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    A question here....

Do you need a new type of camera to get this done ?? Software itself could only do so much.... with it's mention of a ''special lens''.... do they mean that our camera is now outdated ??
    Could be... Maybe a new brand of camera or collaboration with one of the major brands to form as part of the package.

New camera, New lens and the mentioned software

or

Brand X camera, Brand X lens and the mentioned software

IIRC you need a modified microlens for your sensor.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.