Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 558

Thread: JI detainee does a prison break.

  1. #441

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    It's a big shame how it all happened.

    It's a big joke given how damn easy the escape was, how lame the whole guarding/security process was. We are not dealing with petty theft criminal. But a potentially dangerous terrorist!

    This is one too many mistakes made by the Government. Remember, the navy warship colliding with a harmless tanker? How LTA made silly blunder on passing rules on where taxis should shop, and later retracted the rule without so much of an apology?

    And they now detract us citizens with how everyone should be vigilant, and make everyone distracted by saying we should stand united, "It's a mistake but don't generalize" (TODAY paper's news headline, said by WONG KAN SENG), etc.

    Sure, but are we moving away from the real problem in the first place? Obviously someone high up there is sleeping on his job but he is covering his butt well.

    Why spend so much money showing reminders in MRT stations about terrorism, and deploying young men in blue to stroll in MRT stations for i-dunno-what when they couldn't control a REAL terrorist and couldn't even find him in tiny singapore after months! Makes the whole effort look humbug to me.

    As someone mentioned here, a supposedly highly trained and respected Gurka guard still must go inform another 2 officers that MAs was taking a long time in the toilet before he took initiative to do a common sense thing?!! He also must ask permission to do this and that izzit? Everything must "FOLLOW THE LAW"?!

    If it happened in other countries, Wong Kan Seng and other affected ministers would kiss their big fat annual multi-million jobs goodbye. No explantions needed for they are just taken as excuses.

    But of cos.. Well this is Singah poh, u know how things work around here!

    They make super big mistakes, it's ok. The commoner makes a small one, Ho ho... No chance!
    Last edited by kiwi2; 22nd April 2008 at 11:44 AM.

  2. #442

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    yah man, JI detainee runaway is obviously government's fault dont know how we kena arrow.

    all those incidents that you have listed were mistakes from more than 1 ministry. the government should stay vigilant not us

  3. #443
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs View Post
    where can one view the schematic floor plan?
    curious
    it was shown in the news.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  4. #444
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore, near NUS
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    I'm curious, how do we know he was planning to attack Singapore when he was originally jailed under the ISA?

  5. #445

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    it was shown in the news.
    I can only put in a vote of no confidence... sad...

  6. #446
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    I'm curious, how do we know he was planning to attack Singapore when he was originally jailed under the ISA?
    what we hear is only one side of the story, no contest,no proof.

  7. #447
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore, near NUS
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81 View Post
    what we hear is only one side of the story, no contest,no proof.
    Yah, but even so, I don't think the story he was going to crash air-planes into Changi was completely fabricated. There may be some evidence, it's just that I've never seen it. Has anyone?

  8. #448

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by josho View Post
    Gone in 11min.. that's it... SG so small... and he is still out there for 2mths... thats weird.... where the hell is he? can call medium to trace him boh.
    you might need it

    in today's society, where people don't really visit each other, or even say hi.. you can easily hide inside a house/flat, so long as you keep the room out of sight and make sure he doesn't venture out too often, give him food and water and a toilet..

    he can stay there until he's 80 without any problems, don't you think?

  9. #449
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you might need it

    in today's society, where people don't really visit each other, or even say hi.. you can easily hide inside a house/flat, so long as you keep the room out of sight and make sure he doesn't venture out too often, give him food and water and a toilet..

    he can stay there until he's 80 without any problems, don't you think?
    Then he is physically imprisoned anyway, as long as we all stay vigilant :-)

    All that the Indonesian police has done to catch him (you know how difficult it is to get him there) is now in vain. Perhaps they should use the Indo police as they were more succesful? hehehehe just joking ok?

  10. #450

    Smile Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    till now, where is the accountability?

    let's hear what pm lee will say about govt responsibility this afternoon.

  11. #451

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Then he is physically imprisoned anyway, as long as we all stay vigilant :-)
    that is the key point.. we all stay vigilant

    physical imprisonment means nothing though.

    actually someone somewhere once made a very good point - you take away one, another will replace him. you take away that one, third one will replace.. are you actually attacking the root of the problem? no.

  12. #452

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you might need it

    in today's society, where people don't really visit each other, or even say hi.. you can easily hide inside a house/flat, so long as you keep the room out of sight and make sure he doesn't venture out too often, give him food and water and a toilet..

    he can stay there until he's 80 without any problems, don't you think?
    can stay a few more year till 85.. and claim his CPF.. if any..

  13. #453

    Smile Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    my view on the guards, isd officer on duty. detainee was too long in the toilet. the obvious thing to do is to ask him to hurry up. if he does not respond, break down the door. instead, the guard referred to the guard outside, the guard outside referred to the female isd officer outside, she then referred to another officer. by then, eleven precious minutes has passed. typical attitude of the govt service.

  14. #454

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by ISOhunt View Post
    yah man, JI detainee runaway is obviously government's fault dont know how we kena arrow.

    all those incidents that you have listed were mistakes from more than 1 ministry. the government should stay vigilant not us
    Yes... I have no qualms to say the government themselves have not been vigilant to the threat/security issues and to the needs of many citizens.

    The government is craftily good in changing focus and make its citizens distracted.

    There are people here who voiced out their concerns but time and again, they played it down and offered some lame excuses. There are people who complained about high priced flats here that young couples and those in the low income brackets can ill-afford, and HDB tell lies by promising to make it AFFORDABLE. Since where and when??? HDB continued to bulldoze to build expensive, higher class DBSS and ECs for "people who want them". Obviously it's for HDB's own $$$ benefits. Citizens just get sucked into the system either out of no choice or gullibility to the detriment of their well-being.

    Is the government concerned or really listens to its people?

    Regarding the Mas Selamat escape case, I feel GRRR whenever I hear on the radio or TV the general responses of the people interviewed. Every one of them seems to be saying: "Oh we certainly need to be VIGILANT, stay ALERT, remain UNITED to fight terrorism or find Mas S, etc etc". These words VIGILANT, ALERT, and UNITED are so overused. Aren't these opinions coming from the government and these people are merely spitting out what they hear?

    Question is, since when have we citizens been less vigilant? Gosh, why can't those interviewed be more daring and have real opinions on their own?

    In fact, cases of bags left alone in Changi airport have been reported but security there didn't even know what to do! Their response is, Wait, must check with my supervisor, who was also equally blur.

    Haven't we been vigilant enough? But what are those in authority been doing? Really reminds me of Army or SAF in general man. Wayang only??

    Please, the government should walk their talk instead of shifting the focus to us to be "vigilant".

    If I were interviewed on media, I will say: "This is a shameful experience. Don't always tell us to be vigilant or stay united. We have always been. The government should rather question themselves, Have you been vigilant? What have you guys been doing all this while???"

  15. #455

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    If I were interviewed on media, I will say: "This is a shameful experience. Don't always tell us to be vigilant or stay united. We have always been. The government should rather question themselves, Have you been vigilant? What have you guys been doing all this while???"
    Ahem.. you know what is censorship? How often you see somebody criticizing our govt during interview been shown over TV news or on newsapers?

    People can say all kind of things they want during interview, but they only show what they wants you to see, its not live!!

  16. #456

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by mystudio View Post
    Ahem.. you know what is censorship? How often you see somebody criticizing our govt during interview been shown over TV news or on newsapers?

    People can say all kind of things they want during interview, but they only show what they wants you to see, its not live!!
    Yup and guess who controls the media? If I don't look good, you don't look good either.

  17. #457
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Now the story doesn't make any sense anymore.

    First time I read that there's a door for urinal.

    If Mas Selamat is taking a leak at the urinal, why must he remove his pants and place it over the door of the so called urinal door.

  18. #458
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    my view on the guards, isd officer on duty. detainee was too long in the toilet. the obvious thing to do is to ask him to hurry up. if he does not respond, break down the door. instead, the guard referred to the guard outside, the guard outside referred to the female isd officer outside, she then referred to another officer. by then, eleven precious minutes has passed. typical attitude of the govt service.
    i think they must have watch "Just Follow Law (我在政府部门的日子)"

    i think jack neo must be laughing until tears come out.
    Last edited by denniskee; 22nd April 2008 at 04:27 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  19. #459
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dry Cabinet
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Now the story doesn't make any sense anymore.

    First time I read that there's a door for urinal.

    If Mas Selamat is taking a leak at the urinal, why must he remove his pants and place it over the door of the so called urinal door.
    For more shy people la... so need a door...

  20. #460
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Very obvious, motion-detectors is also not working and they failed to point that out in the report.

    if you'd read the report, it stated that the system was being upgraded to add motion sensors. if it is in the process of being upgraded, how can it be working?
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •