Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1116192021222326 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 558

Thread: JI detainee does a prison break.

  1. #401
    Senior Member hanqiang1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tiny Red Dot...
    Posts
    2,553

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Really..... this kind of response? Or are they contemplating if it's a hoax or real?
    Hoax or real, very source of info should be treated as geniune info. Another 'boo-boo' by the police force again...

  2. #402

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Then good luck to him. He will need it. The straits is shark infested. I recalled years ago I was involve in a manhunt for a few drug addicts who escaped from a low sercurity lockup premises. They tried to swim across ...but were attacked by nurse sharks. As the strait is deep enough to accomodate large ships that passes by and they attract sharks as they throw food overboard. IF he can make...he had to be super fit to fight strong current and the distance is nothing you can call chicken feed.
    It's a known fact that illegal immigrants do swim over, despite the staggering odds. So depending on how desperate he is, and judging from his past track records, I won't be surprised if he takes the plunge, no pun intended.

    The crux here though, is never to underestimate him, again.

  3. #403
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by syl View Post
    Also, the story about nurse sharks. IIRC, nurse sharks are plankton eaters and do not attack humans unless provoked.
    From what I am aware nurse shark are carnivores growing to 14 feet. I might have the wrong shark type as I am recalling it from memory (this was in 1982- my riot police dazes) . as it was mentioned in the newspaper back then like days after the manhunt. It could be grays, white tips...in any case...no fun being bitten by anything while you are swimming.

  4. #404
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    It's a known fact that illegal immigrants do swim over, despite the staggering odds. So depending on how desperate he is, and judging from his past track records, I won't be surprised if he takes the plunge, no pun intended.

    The crux here though, is never to underestimate him, again.
    As for those attempting to swim here ya we have alot that tried and have succeed in small small sampans and some sampan found floating about empty thus is suspected to have capsized and everyone drown or the sea police found dead bodies floating. Those usually are illegal Indonesian coming here to look for work. The sad part...some bring their families too...we are talking kids and wives and then hiding out in the forest here.

    underestimate him? heheh ...well maybe we should not have taken him for granted maybe too.

  5. #405
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    From what I am aware nurse shark are carnivores growing to 14 feet. I might have the wrong shark type as I am recalling it from memory (this was in 1982- my riot police dazes) . as it was mentioned in the newspaper back then like days after the manhunt. It could be grays, white tips...in any case...no fun being bitten by anything while you are swimming.
    ... not forgetting the jelly fishes that are commonly found in straits of johor, poisoned swimmers to death.

  6. #406
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    come yr end we should hand him the "ManHunt of 2008" award. that'll be a piece of gold-plated GPS tracking chip embedded into him!

  7. #407
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    From what I am aware nurse shark are carnivores growing to 14 feet. I might have the wrong shark type as I am recalling it from memory (this was in 1982- my riot police dazes) . as it was mentioned in the newspaper back then like days after the manhunt. It could be grays, white tips...in any case...no fun being bitten by anything while you are swimming.
    i've never heard of nurse shark attacking a human before. and for your info, nurse sharks have very very small teeths and they suck their food, and not bite.
    they are not plantom feeders as well, they are bottom feeders, unless your illegal immigrant is in a lobsters outfit, i don't think they will be attacked.

    Please do not see sharks as man eater, we're not tasty enough for them, and too much of a hassle to eat. and please stop eating sharks fins
    they are going extinct already.

    did you see the shark attack the people?
    it'll be interesting to hear

    I don't think singapore waters have jelly fishes that can poison you to death. the guy must be really unlucky
    Last edited by lovells19; 19th March 2008 at 12:28 AM.

  8. #408
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    ...
    I don't think singapore waters have jelly fishes that can poison you to death. the guy must be really unlucky
    Oh don't worry about that. It's just one of raincool's movie stories.

  9. #409
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    ... not forgetting the jelly fishes that are commonly found in straits of johor, poisoned swimmers to death.
    Ah...no ...we don't have those deadly box jelly fish around this part of the world to sting and kill us hehe.. But they are those dangerous enough to leave long very very very very painful whip-like welts that turns your skins into some ugly leather feeling blue black patches... i suffered that twice plus my fair share of migrating sea urchins that spikes the sole of both my feets when I walked into a field of them when I regularily go cast net fishing at Changi way back in the 80s. From the pain I got when the jelly bits landed all over my body..I was stun and if you are not a strong swimmer and swimming across..I guess you could drown.

  10. #410
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    i've never heard of nurse shark attacking a human before. and for your info, nurse sharks have very very small teeths and they suck their food, and not bite.
    they are not plantom feeders as well, they are bottom feeders, unless your illegal immigrant is in a lobsters outfit, i don't think they will be attacked.

    Please do not see sharks as man eater, we're not tasty enough for them, and too much of a hassle to eat. and please stop eating sharks fins
    they are going extinct already.

    did you see the shark attack the people?
    it'll be interesting to hear
    As I said I only tried to recall what I read from memory..btw I am in my 40s and this happen when I was 20 lah. I know enough about sharks to have given up eating shark fin for the past 15 years btw and that includes my entire family. And yes I have seen shark bites on dead bodies fished out of the water and as a former avid sport fisherman I have seen how shark attack fishes I caught in deep sea fishing as I reel them onboard and no it does not mean that all sharks has a tendency to attack people. Some bites can even be exploratory meaning ..out of curiosity they might take a "taste" but that does not always mean the attack was to eat. Me not a shark hater thus don;t get into a pickle that I am here to scare people about sharks....just not 100% sure of all the various sharks in the world but enough to know not to mess with half of whatever sharks is out there.

    Just google the shark and yes you are right, it is a bottom feeder variant looking at it's specialised mouth... I guess I have recalled the wrong species. My bad.
    Last edited by sammy888; 19th March 2008 at 02:13 AM.

  11. #411

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    After so many days at large, it's possible he has either succeeded in leaving country, or died trying.

  12. #412
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    As I said I only tried to recall what I read from memory..btw I am in my 40s and this happen when I was 20 lah. I know enough about sharks to have given up eating shark fin for the past 15 years btw and that includes my entire family. And yes I have seen shark bites on dead bodies fished out of the water and as a former avid sport fisherman I have seen how shark attack fishes I caught in deep sea fishing as I reel them onboard and no it does not mean that all sharks has a tendency to attack people. Some bites can even be exploratory meaning ..out of curiosity they might take a "taste" but that does not always mean the attack was to eat. Me not a shark hater thus don;t get into a pickle that I am here to scare people about sharks....just not 100% sure of all the various sharks in the world but enough to know not to mess with half of whatever sharks is out there.

    Just google the shark and yes you are right, it is a bottom feeder variant looking at it's specialised mouth... I guess I have recalled the wrong species. My bad.
    Kudos to stop eating sharks fins

  13. #413
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    After so many days at large, it's possible he has either succeeded in leaving country, or died trying.
    why not.. dun forget he was trained before..

  14. #414
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    run away with all the technology in place for the prevention of his escape? i highly doubt so now
    I Love You :)

  15. #415

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    I don't think singapore waters have jelly fishes that can poison you to death. the guy must be really unlucky
    unless a person has a strong allergic reaction to it...

    I think maybe sammy888 is thinking grey nurse shark... another name for the sand tiger shark, which can be found in local waters... those guys are known to try to eat anything, animate or inanimate... those that had been caught have been found to have ingested all sorts of junk...

  16. #416
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    Kudos to stop eating sharks fins
    heheh to tell you the truth that was the EASY part. The hard part...game fishing was harder after you have been doing it since in your teens and having to give away $5k worth of all the deep fishinng gear like Penn reels, carbo fibre rods, lures....to all your kakis. In fact I was more a sea and sport fisherman more then I was into photography heheh....

    Oh the reason why I did so...well imagine someone putting a hook in your mouth and reeling you in and out till you tired out to be fish out of the water or you fight till you are dead or attacked by some shark or barracuda. SOme scientific finding say, the most fish will not feel the hook be it at the mouth region or a swallowe one but whatever it might be...it was just abit too cruel and we were doing it for sport and not becasue we needed to eat...as not all the fish we catch we eat. Like Marlins, Barracudas....etc.

    If our Selamat gets whack by a shark of a relative size, the first strike will be out of no where. Even a exploratory bite will not be a slow bite. It would be a snap and flick to break off a chunk of the meat. They are not the sea's most efficient hunter killer for nothing.

    I still say he did not swim across anywhere. He would do well to use a sampan but our uniform folks will have night bino.

    Anyhoo...the man is still not caught and it has already been 2 weeks over.

  17. #417
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Another JI member detained under ISA
    By Dominique Loh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 23 March 2008 1847 hrs

    SINGAPORE: Another Jemaah Islamiyah member has been detained under Singapore's Internal Security Act.

    Rijal Yadri Jumari, 27, was arrested in February for his involvement in the terrorist group, the Home Affairs Ministry said on Sunday.

    The ISA order against Rijal was issued three days ago.

    The Ministry said Rijal is known to have been working with foreign JI elements. It's believed they were in discussion to regroup and revive the Ji's clandestine network.

    Rijal is a member of JI's "Al-Ghuraba" cell which aims to develop young members to become trained operatives and future leaders.

    Rijal himself was talent-spotted by the JI to become a future leader in the organisation. He was also schooled at JI's overseas madrasahs.

    In 2000, Rijal went to Afghanistan where he trained at Al-Qaeda's Camp Farouq in Kandahar. He learnt how to handle weapons, explosives, surveillance and guerrilla warfare.

    While in Kandahar, Rijal even met Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden on several occasions.

    After returning to this region, Rijal was on the run when security action against the JI was stepped up. Rijal was arrested with the cooperation of regional authorities.

    Also on Sunday, the Home Affairs Ministry said another ISA detainee, Anis Mohamad Mansor, was released on 10 February when his Order of Detention expired.

    It said Anis, who has been detained since February 2004, had cooperated with investigations and responded well to rehabilitation, which included religious counselling. - CNA/ir



    let hope not another toilet break
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  18. #418

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    Another JI member detained under ISA
    By Dominique Loh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 23 March 2008 1847 hrs

    SINGAPORE: Another Jemaah Islamiyah member has been detained under Singapore's Internal Security Act.

    Rijal Yadri Jumari, 27, was arrested in February for his involvement in the terrorist group, the Home Affairs Ministry said on Sunday.

    The ISA order against Rijal was issued three days ago.

    The Ministry said Rijal is known to have been working with foreign JI elements. It's believed they were in discussion to regroup and revive the Ji's clandestine network.

    Rijal is a member of JI's "Al-Ghuraba" cell which aims to develop young members to become trained operatives and future leaders.

    Rijal himself was talent-spotted by the JI to become a future leader in the organisation. He was also schooled at JI's overseas madrasahs.

    In 2000, Rijal went to Afghanistan where he trained at Al-Qaeda's Camp Farouq in Kandahar. He learnt how to handle weapons, explosives, surveillance and guerrilla warfare.

    While in Kandahar, Rijal even met Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden on several occasions.

    After returning to this region, Rijal was on the run when security action against the JI was stepped up. Rijal was arrested with the cooperation of regional authorities.

    Also on Sunday, the Home Affairs Ministry said another ISA detainee, Anis Mohamad Mansor, was released on 10 February when his Order of Detention expired.

    It said Anis, who has been detained since February 2004, had cooperated with investigations and responded well to rehabilitation, which included religious counselling. - CNA/ir



    let hope not another toilet break
    Attention diversion spotted! To those in power, please don't change the subject. You still owe us Mas!!!

  19. #419

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    He could have been terminated before his escape according to some rumors.

  20. #420
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: JI detainee does a prison break.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    He could have been terminated before his escape according to some rumors.
    ya that was one of the more extreme rumour, wish it rather be true than having to find this troublesome guy. but if it was true it is a worse shame and the govt should just step down for trying to hide a big truth

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1116192021222326 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •