Thread: photojournalism in our own backyard

Default photojournalism in our own backyard

don't know if this has been posted before, but found this interesting article on photojournalism (from our own Straits Times) - the basics of how news pictures affect readers.

Volcano Land

Default Re: photojournalism in our own backyard

great read. thanks for finding it

interesting read. helps address issues of the thought behind the photo i feel.
    flickr me here ;)

They got the fundamentals of photojournalism wrong.Look at the caption for photo.It reads: ''World Youth Cup Football Tournament 29 June 1997".Inaccurate.
    In the 'About This photograph' section, it reads:"This is a photograph taken during a key point in a match in the quarter finals of the championship between Brazil and France."

A simple check reveals that the tournament was called the FIFA Youth Championship.Brazil played France on June 17, 1997, in the group stages.Brazil played Argentina on 29 June, 1997, in the Q-finals.
    There was no encounter between Brazil and France during the quater final stages of the championship.

They got their captioning wrong.Totally wrong, inaccurate information.And I think before they go and educate people about photojournalism, they should get their basics right first.That is, providing the audience wih accurate information.

*I dont think this article is by ST as TS has mentioned.