Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 volunteering.

Default Re: F1 volunteering.

Anyone here have received their e-module test update?

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Anyone here have received their e-module test update?
    erm... you mean to say you've taken the e-module test? i haven't had the time to check on it.

just checked the site. the e-module test period for Senior Officials and Officials is 1-20 April and 5th May to 3rd Aug respectively.

btw, what level were you shortlisted as? Senior or Non-Senior? i believe mine is non-Senior. hence, will not receive the email notification yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    erm... you mean to say you've taken the e-module test? i haven't had the time to check on it.
    Nope. I was just asking as I did not hear anything from the organisers.

just checked the site. the e-module test period for Senior Officials and Officials is 1-20 April and 5th May to 3rd Aug respectively.

btw, what level were you shortlisted as? Senior or Non-Senior? i believe mine is non-Senior. hence, will not receive the email notification yet.
    Thanks for the update, mohgui. I've been short-listed for the Non-Senior category.

canew, anymore vacancy? would love to volunteer.
    Games of Thrones.....

Quote Originally Posted by dfstan View Post
    canew, anymore vacancy? would love to volunteer.
    Bro, unfortunately, the selection period for volunteers is closed already.

Bro, unfortunately, the selection period for volunteers is closed already.
    bro, can lookout for me if anyone cannot make it and needs replacement, ok? i sure be a good volunteer. tks
    Games of Thrones.....

Quote Originally Posted by dfstan View Post
    bro, can lookout for me if anyone cannot make it and needs replacement, ok? i sure be a good volunteer. tks
    No problem, Bro.

Loving the F1 sports does not mean you should further enrich the rich corporations that are making money out of it. i like the sports but i think they should pay for the officials who would help make the event a success. The officials contribute in no small part to the success of the event, so they should be paid.
    Every work is a job (except for charity purposes) and therefore should be paid professionally.

Those who volunteered, i advise you to again consider the impact of your action.
    for the F1 events in other countries, the officials are specially recruited from the local motor sports associations who are selected and paid properly for the job.
    If F1 in Singapore did not turn up as ideal as it is meant to be, the 'officials' will also be blamed. some foreign press will start pointing fingers at the 'volunteer' officials.
    It has potential to ruin Singapore's reputation as well as the organizing companies/committees. If they exhibit folly, do not follow.
    On a selfish level, ya why not? some would proclaim their love of the sports as the reason for their volunteering. But do take a greater look at the scheme of things.

In charity, volunteerism creates immense value.
    In economic terms, volunteerism destroys value.

Singapore and Singaporeans should learn not to act like a 3rd/4th world nation.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
    Loving the F1 sports does not mean you should further enrich the rich corporations that are making money out of it. i like the sports but i think they should pay for the officials who would help make the event a success. The officials contribute in no small part to the success of the event, so they should be paid.
    Every work is a job (except for charity purposes) and therefore should be paid professionally.

Those who volunteered, i advise you to again consider the impact of your action.
    for the F1 events in other countries, the officials are specially recruited from the local motor sports associations who are selected and paid properly for the job.
    If F1 in Singapore did not turn up as ideal as it is meant to be, the 'officials' will also be blamed. some foreign press will start pointing fingers at the 'volunteer' officials.
    It has potential to ruin Singapore's reputation as well as the organizing companies/committees. If they exhibit folly, do not follow.
    On a selfish level, ya why not? some would proclaim their love of the sports as the reason for their volunteering. But do take a greater look at the scheme of things.

In charity, volunteerism creates immense value.
    In economic terms, volunteerism destroys value.

Singapore and Singaporeans should learn not to act like a 3rd/4th world nation.
    Aiyah, it's basically a labor of love that F1 lovers have. So let them be.

I'm a big F1 fan too, but not that crazy. HOWEVER, let's say on the other hand, Eric Clapton (whose also freakin' RICH!) comes to town for a concert and needs a volunteer Roadie (the guy who polishes his guitars, restrings, retune, setup in between songs), I'd do three backflips, take a full one week leave, and be a VOLUNTEER roadie, even though Clapton could afford 100 fully qualified roadies.

So it's hard to take a political view when passion is concerned. Live and let live

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Aiyah, it's basically a labor of love that F1 lovers have. So let them be.

I'm a big F1 fan too, but not that crazy. HOWEVER, let's say on the other hand, Eric Clapton (whose also freakin' RICH!) comes to town for a concert and needs a volunteer Roadie (the guy who polishes his guitars, restrings, retune, setup in between songs), I'd do three backflips, take a full one week leave, and be a VOLUNTEER roadie, even though Clapton could afford 100 fully qualified roadies.

So it's hard to take a political view when passion is concerned. Live and let live
    Don't think Eric Clapton would ask for volunteer for such a task. He'll most likely pay you given that you're good at the task.
    Last edited by nikkie; 8th April 2008 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
    Don't think Eric Clapton would ask for volunteer for such a task. He'll most likely pay you given that you're good at the task.
    That's what I call "day dreaming". So no, good ol' Slow Hand won't call for volunteers, but I'm wishing he would, LOL!

Had I have the same passion for F1 as I do for Fender Stratocasters, I'd happily volunteer for the event too.

Just received a mail earlier from Singapore GP. They have selected me as a 'FLAG MARSHAL.' Will have to respond whether will take up the position or not. Anyone have received their mails?

got mine too. being assigned as TRACK MARSHAL. responded to the email liao.

eh... you FLAG or TRACK???

I FLAG MARSHAL leh...

I FLAG MARSHAL leh...
    so... you wave flags and i choh-boh until got accident

i m also flag marshal...... whatever that is.......guess i will find out during the training.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by Gombat View Post
    i m also flag marshal...... whatever that is.......guess i will find out during the training.
    flag marshal do wat one? take flag and marshal the crowd one izzit?
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

so... you wave flags and i choh-boh until got accident
    Ya lor. Some more, I think flag marshal will have heavy workload for a street circuit like Singapore. Need to wave a lot of blue flags.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast