Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162124252627 LastLast

Thread: F1 volunteering.

Default Re: F1 volunteering.

wah, still must pay for air ticket and hotel stay in Australia? SSC is desperate for experience, so they should pay for it mah...consider it an investment to nurture the pioneer batch of officials mah....
    Last edited by kiasi; 12th November 2008 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiasi View Post
    Can someone call Emily to ask her whether we are personally footing the air tickets and hotel accomodation in Australia?

Can someone confirm?
    i thought it's stated in the newsletter that the volunteers are to confirm their own transport & accommodation if they want to volunteer for the Australian gp
    My flickr! Album - Sony a6000 (CZ 24-70) / CZ 85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/montoyasg/

Yup, pay own airfare and accommodation during the duration of the Australian GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Yup, pay own airfare and accommodation during the duration of the Australian GP.
    i guess most of us will not be volunteering for the Australian GP yah?

if the airfare is cheap and i can take leave from work... i don't mind as i've got relatives in Melbourne

can take this opportunity to go for holiday too.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Ya, who can afford the money and the time? 4 days le. (Thursday till Friday, unlike us here in SG, 3 days only) Some more their races all back to back one le. Very packed. All these I heard from my CAMS trainer.

doubt i'll be going since hotels during that period will be expensive

Quote Originally Posted by MontoyaSG View Post
    doubt i'll be going since hotels during that period will be expensive
    Good point there, MontoyaSG.

I have a feeling Singapore GP in 2009 is going to be a cheapskate affair, don't expect the same big budget of 2008...

ong beng seng and gang is probably going to think of means and ways to increase prices in some way or another and cut cost for 2009, that is the only way he and the govt is going to make any money out of singapore GP next year cos the recession is going to hit full blast in 2009.

Actually hor, I doubt many of the 2008 volunteers are going to do it again in 2009 now that they know the 'bao wu'(smell)... actually nothing much to gain, we also did not get the certification from SMSA/F1 that was promised...not even a decent Thank You dinner...I didn't feel aprreciated at all. I think most singaporeans will be worrying about how to earn more money in the year ahead than to help F1 make more money by volunteering again.

Somemore F1 is going to consider standard issue engines, and with France cancelling 2009 GP, and teams considering to pull out, F1 is really going downhill liao from now on....

I think the first F1 night race in 2008 will go down in history as the best for SG, luckily we were all a part of it, HENG AH!!

I have a feeling Singapore GP in 2009 is going to be a cheapskate affair, don't expect the same big budget of 2008...

ong beng seng and gang is probably going to think of means and ways to increase prices in some way or another and cut cost for 2009, that is the only way he and the govt is going to make any money out of singapore GP next year cos the recession is going to hit full blast in 2009.

Actually hor, I doubt many of the 2008 volunteers are going to do it again in 2009 now that they know the 'bao wu'(smell)... actually nothing much to gain, we also did not get the certification from SMSA/F1 that was promised...not even a decent Thank You dinner...I didn't feel aprreciated at all. I think most singaporeans will be worrying about how to earn more money in the year ahead than to help F1 make more money by volunteering again.

Somemore F1 is going to consider standard issue engines, and with France cancelling 2009 GP, and teams considering to pull out, F1 is really going downhill liao from now on....

I think the first F1 night race in 2008 will go down in history as the best for SG, luckily we were all a part of it, HENG AH!!
    well if u wanna earn the certification you'll have to foot ur own bill to volunteer for those overseas events which i doubt most would in times like these...

onwards to 2009 i would prefer to sit back @ home to enjoy the races instead

Just to verify, all of you haven't received anything in your letterbox from Singapore Sports Council/SGP organiser yet, right?

I'm not sure what they supposed to send, but they did say they will send some stuff, anyone received anything?

Just to verify, all of you haven't received anything in your letterbox from Singapore Sports Council/SGP organiser yet, right?

I'm not sure what they supposed to send, but they did say they will send some stuff, anyone received anything?
    I received nothing in my mailbox. Just got a e-mail from Emily on the registration for the 2009 season.

wangerism
    Guests

for cheapskates who wants to experience F1 but dont want to pay...

Quote Originally Posted by wangerism View Post
    for cheapskates who wants to experience F1 but dont want to pay...
    being a race official is a totally different experience as compared to being a spectator.

do understand the roles & responsibilities of the race official before making such a remark...

Quote Originally Posted by MontoyaSG View Post
    being a race official is a totally different experience as compared to being a spectator.

do understand the roles & responsibilities of the race official before making such a remark...
    For that experience gained, perhaps the Organiser is taking that as an appreciation/token returning to the effort contributed being a volunteer? => Win-Win situation.

Nevertheless, that's not very encouraging anyway. Perhaps they are still sorting out the Letter of Appreciation... I think there are coming to thousands of them, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseme View Post
    For that experience gained, perhaps the Organiser is taking that as an appreciation/token returning to the effort contributed being a volunteer? => Win-Win situation.

Nevertheless, that's not very encouraging anyway. Perhaps they are still sorting out the Letter of Appreciation... I think there are coming to thousands of them, isn't it?
    anyway it'll be the first & last time volunteering for singapore gp. with no official accreditation those who volunteered again next year will be treated as greenhorns again...

I'm still gonna do it because I had fun and I got to know a lot of people. Its a great event to be involved. I didn't do it for any cert nor do I expect to be treated as a senior the second time.

I agree with seankyh, the team you are in plays an important role in deciding whether you enjoyed yourself, but I doubt the majority of the volunteers feel that way.

I heard from someone that the post F1 phototaking for volunteers was a flop because out of the 1,000 volunteers, only a handful showed up...shows how much anyone cares about taking pictures with their buddies... singaporeans are very realistic one....only do things that got benefit.....

Actually SGP organiser should show more appreciation for the volunteers. I heard that compared to other countries, the SG volunteers are younger because in most other countries like Aussie, the young people refuse to waste their time volunteering for F1. Why?..because they feel that it is absurd to be helping F1 to rake in millions, they have better things to do. It's true, that's why you all notice all those Aussie CAMS volunteers...alot are old men who jiak pa bo sai pang.....seriously. Passion is passion, but at least organiser must show appropriate recognition of our efforts mah...

Somemore recession lai liao, lee hsien loong already say long term outlook is going to be bleak. At least SGP should be considerate and understand that volunteers also got work committments, how can suka suka keep taking so many days leave for this session, that session, so many time wasting sessions that I think are unnessary, such as the one at the tuf city which I feel was a joke. How many of you actually kenna badly sun burnt that day?? Actually, the seniors suffer the most, really is a thankless task....somemore the actual working pace is very tight, it's not what you all think. Those who think F1 volunteers are free loaders, you all are wrong liao...let you all work one day on race day then you all will agree with me.

If SGP had shown proper recognition of the volunteers efforts in this global scale event, then at least I got nothing to say, but they way they show their 'appreciation'....really makes me feel like I was exploited for the sole benefit of Mr Ong Beng Seng...

Remember when they asked you all on the first day at SIM campus? Why you want to be F1 volunteer? Alot of them said, 'To be part of history'....I doubt these same people will come back again...

Anyway, I bet Oi Hong Leong is sitting quietly in his cosy office laughing at Ong Beng Seng now.........

I registered leow. BTW, those who are thinking of registering, please read the disclaimers properly hor. Don't say they din tell you..

I agree with seankyh, the team you are in plays an important role in deciding whether you enjoyed yourself, but I doubt the majority of the volunteers feel that way.

I heard from someone that the post F1 phototaking for volunteers was a flop because out of the 1,000 volunteers, only a handful showed up...shows how much anyone cares about taking pictures with their buddies... singaporeans are very realistic one....only do things that got benefit.....

Actually SGP organiser should show more appreciation for the volunteers. I heard that compared to other countries, the SG volunteers are younger because in most other countries like Aussie, the young people refuse to waste their time volunteering for F1. Why?..because they feel that it is absurd to be helping F1 to rake in millions, they have better things to do. It's true, that's why you all notice all those Aussie CAMS volunteers...alot are old men who jiak pa bo sai pang.....seriously. Passion is passion, but at least organiser must show appropriate recognition of our efforts mah...

Somemore recession lai liao, lee hsien loong already say long term outlook is going to be bleak. At least SGP should be considerate and understand that volunteers also got work committments, how can suka suka keep taking so many days leave for this session, that session, so many time wasting sessions that I think are unnessary, such as the one at the tuf city which I feel was a joke. How many of you actually kenna badly sun burnt that day?? Actually, the seniors suffer the most, really is a thankless task....somemore the actual working pace is very tight, it's not what you all think. Those who think F1 volunteers are free loaders, you all are wrong liao...let you all work one day on race day then you all will agree with me.

If SGP had shown proper recognition of the volunteers efforts in this global scale event, then at least I got nothing to say, but they way they show their 'appreciation'....really makes me feel like I was exploited for the sole benefit of Mr Ong Beng Seng...

Remember when they asked you all on the first day at SIM campus? Why you want to be F1 volunteer? Alot of them said, 'To be part of history'....I doubt these same people will come back again...

Anyway, I bet Oi Hong Leong is sitting quietly in his cosy office laughing at Ong Beng Seng now.........
    as you mentioned there is not enough recognition for the volunteers who've made the event possible & i bet most will think twice when reapplying as a volunteer for next yr

vince123123
    Guests

And this year the race queens not say damn good also, volunteer nothing much to see :P

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162124252627 LastLast