Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15202324252627 LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 533

Thread: F1 volunteering.

  1. #481
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Those are Huggable's kakis at sector 5.

    Can't be posted? Will be charged?? Oh no!!

  2. #482

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Huh?? siang si Huggable?? wah...how come suddenly come out one mystery volunteer marshal from CS!

    no need scared lah....even the press like TODAY are not scared, why should you? Like what mohgui bro said, don't you think it will be super absurd if even a team photo of your good friends belong to FOM?...does not make any cow sense right? So no need scared...ai zai....

    btw, all look very huggable leh...

  3. #483

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Quote Originally Posted by kiasi View Post
    this photo is from my sector
    My flickr! Album - Sony a6000 (CZ 24-70) / CZ 85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/montoyasg/

  4. #484
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Wow...how did I miss this thread? Heehee...I was also a volunteer at sector 18. It's been great fun!

    Think Friday all got food at 8.30pm as the formula BMW qualifying overrun and not enough time for food run before P1. There is the usual FIA inspection and all that will require time. F1 timings are kept very strictly as I understand esp during raceday every minute delay could be fine up to US$20K per min! I guess it's because of TV broadcase issues. Don't want to keep the world waiting.

    The spectator that feel on the marshal I believe is at sector 16 or 17. Understand the crowd control security people went AWOL so the crowd keep pushing forward and finally the worst happened. Sigh...the security people from my side was in full force in the afternoon but once F1 starts, all AWOL also, prob finding the best view. Some can chase spectators away from dangerous spots (but with great view) den afterthat they themselves stand there. OMG. We have to blow our whistle to chase them away. Can't believe it.

    As for the pictures, I think as long as not for commercial purpose, I don't think they will do anything, no worth the effort for them also. As for the rules on photos, they are clearly stated, can't run for it, but again, don't think they will enforce it unless used for commercial purposes.

  5. #485
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Haha, with kiasi telling me not to scared, now I also not scared already.

    Didn't spot this thread until someone posted a link from the SGP volunteers forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by kiasi View Post
    Huh?? siang si Huggable?? wah...how come suddenly come out one mystery volunteer marshal from CS!

    no need scared lah....even the press like TODAY are not scared, why should you? Like what mohgui bro said, don't you think it will be super absurd if even a team photo of your good friends belong to FOM?...does not make any cow sense right? So no need scared...ai zai....

    btw, all look very huggable leh...

  6. #486
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Yeah, the food run on Fri was very late. However my sector got some extra choco bars to go around, so not so bad.

    Thurs was the worst. People who managed to sneaked into the "circuit" area were happily roaming around, and there were no cisco/security officers. We marshals had to tell them not to walk in the inner-pathway. Some could even talk back and refused to get out of the restricted area.

    Quote Originally Posted by keltong View Post
    Wow...how did I miss this thread? Heehee...I was also a volunteer at sector 18. It's been great fun!

    Think Friday all got food at 8.30pm as the formula BMW qualifying overrun and not enough time for food run before P1. There is the usual FIA inspection and all that will require time. F1 timings are kept very strictly as I understand esp during raceday every minute delay could be fine up to US$20K per min! I guess it's because of TV broadcase issues. Don't want to keep the world waiting.

    The spectator that feel on the marshal I believe is at sector 16 or 17. Understand the crowd control security people went AWOL so the crowd keep pushing forward and finally the worst happened. Sigh...the security people from my side was in full force in the afternoon but once F1 starts, all AWOL also, prob finding the best view. Some can chase spectators away from dangerous spots (but with great view) den afterthat they themselves stand there. OMG. We have to blow our whistle to chase them away. Can't believe it.

    As for the pictures, I think as long as not for commercial purpose, I don't think they will do anything, no worth the effort for them also. As for the rules on photos, they are clearly stated, can't run for it, but again, don't think they will enforce it unless used for commercial purposes.

  7. #487
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Quote Originally Posted by huggable View Post
    Yeah, the food run on Fri was very late. However my sector got some extra choco bars to go around, so not so bad.

    Thurs was the worst. People who managed to sneaked into the "circuit" area were happily roaming around, and there were no cisco/security officers. We marshals had to tell them not to walk in the inner-pathway. Some could even talk back and refused to get out of the restricted area.
    Ya...thur we also pretty much boh bian...got family eating and strolling and taking pictures somemore...hahaha....

  8. #488
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Quote Originally Posted by huggable View Post
    Didn't spot this thread until someone posted a link from the SGP volunteers forum.
    Where was the link posted, Bro? (in which thread in SGP Volunteers forum?)

  9. #489

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Where was the link posted, Bro? (in which thread in SGP Volunteers forum?)
    here http://www.sgpvolunteers.com/f/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=674

  10. #490
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Thanks, Bro.

  11. #491

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Quote Originally Posted by kiasi View Post
    Hi ravenblackhart bro , you are not the only person wondering what is the total number of marshal casualties this round, I'm sure all the F1 marshals are concerned about our fellow marshals in other sectors. That's why Race Committee must do the right thing and be transparent about this matter and show accountability through the volunteer's newsletter. If they simply keep quiet and hope that the less people know about this the better, then they are being sneaky about it and I will lose all my respect for SingaporeGP.

    The marshal who got the foot run over by the F1 car, I saw.

    Those marshals who were injured by falling spectators or other misc mishaps while on duty may have suffered injury and may have a valid case to claim insurance from SingaporeGP. I hope they know their rights and not be blur blur and just keep quiet and be a goondu.

    Actually, to be brutally honest, our F1 job is actually chor kang. I bet alot of the volunteers have never worked like this before in their entire lives(except me, I work as rubbish dump cleaner before, I'm not joking), seriously,......the way we all sign on at the mustering area and eating our lunches like a Bangala construction worker is an example, not to mention the extremely humid and unforgiving working conditions under the elements. The heatstroke inducing overalls is another thing that many of the people used to working in air con cannot get used to. So in this light, to see that the majority of marshal casualties are females, is a foregone conclusion.

    seankyh bro said it best....



    I think alot of F1 marshals will agree that the job was not as easy as they had thought nor did they foresee the inherent dangers.

    bro:
    I AM GER LA!!! and final count of casualties (after clarification w senior ) is 2.
    Further clarification with regards to the spectator falling:
    i was the marshal, spectator didn't fall on me la... make it sound so jialat... cept the bugger is damn big lar like twice my size and then he lean over to my side cause me to fall and injure back...


    sports council called to check up on status and all lar, and prob can claim if anything... budden i happier that i no need claim anything... survived on painkillers for a week and now resume life... guess i much luckier then the other ger foot kena run over...
    Let you Guard fall, Spread your WIngs... And Take Flight out of your MIND

  12. #492

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenblackhart View Post
    bro:
    I AM GER LA!!! and final count of casualties (after clarification w senior ) is 2.
    Further clarification with regards to the spectator falling:
    i was the marshal, spectator didn't fall on me la... make it sound so jialat... cept the bugger is damn big lar like twice my size and then he lean over to my side cause me to fall and injure back...


    sports council called to check up on status and all lar, and prob can claim if anything... budden i happier that i no need claim anything... survived on painkillers for a week and now resume life... guess i much luckier then the other ger foot kena run over...
    It was reported over the comms that a spectator fell on you and that you were brought to hospital. I'm really glad you're okay.

  13. #493

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    It was reported over the comms that a spectator fell on you and that you were brought to hospital. I'm really glad you're okay.
    i'm amused...lol...initially when i saw that spectator fell on marshal, i tot got another one similar situation but more suay then me... now i noe... lol...cute thing is, until now i still dunno who reported one.... waahaha when sports council call and ask me, i was like... i dunno who report... i dunno who was w me waiting for medical car, this dunno that dunno... lol
    Let you Guard fall, Spread your WIngs... And Take Flight out of your MIND

  14. #494

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenblackhart View Post
    i'm amused...lol...initially when i saw that spectator fell on marshal, i tot got another one similar situation but more suay then me... now i noe... lol...cute thing is, until now i still dunno who reported one.... waahaha when sports council call and ask me, i was like... i dunno who report... i dunno who was w me waiting for medical car, this dunno that dunno... lol
    The comms from your sector or a sector nearby must have reported this. The crowd does get quite ugly at times. Hope that next 2009 event will get better.

  15. #495
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenblackhart View Post
    i'm amused...lol...initially when i saw that spectator fell on marshal, i tot got another one similar situation but more suay then me... now i noe... lol...cute thing is, until now i still dunno who reported one.... waahaha when sports council call and ask me, i was like... i dunno who report... i dunno who was w me waiting for medical car, this dunno that dunno... lol
    Yeah...it was all over radio, and over comms guy reported a spectator fell on a marshal and brought to the hospital, we were like, what the hack, how come spectator can fell onto marshal one, wats happening to the security. Good to hear you are ok.

  16. #496

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Something interesting about this volunteer..............





  17. #497

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    The 136 pages guide for Marshalls was not printed properly. There were many missing pages.

  18. #498

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    maybe the printing company did not QC typesetting due to last minute job...but one thing I admire and respect is that Singapore is the first F1 host country in the world that thought of coming up with a F1 marshal's handbook of such standard and detail, and executed within such short notice from conceptualisation to print

    The next print run will probably include all the missing pages so I guess what we(the pioneer F1 marshal batch) are holding now is probably a rare 'print error edition' worth much $$$$$$ due to the errors!
    Last edited by kiasi; 10th October 2008 at 02:52 PM.

  19. #499
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Just returned my 2 sets of uniform yesterday at the Hard Rock merchandise shop.

  20. #500

    Default Re: F1 volunteering.

    Jialat!? One of the F1 volunteer's wife is washing dirty linen online about her husband's obesssion with F1 volunteering

    All those F1 volunteers who are married, better check this out, man!....is she is your wife? Here: http://www.sgclub.com/singapore/ever...eer_95803.html

    Because she mentioned that he appeared on Ch5,Ch8,CNA news on TV, could it be this comms in-charge's wife because he was interviewed on TV. Maybe those comms guys in SGP forum can draw his attention to her post to see if that's really his wife?........
    Last edited by kiasi; 13th October 2008 at 11:51 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •