Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 volunteering.

Default Re: F1 volunteering.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    I head over the comms that a flag marshall had to be brought to hospital because a spectator fell on her. Not sure which flag point it was. Hope she was okay.
    Yes, our Sector's communicator informed us of the incident and asked us to look out for falling spectators!

Quote Originally Posted by kiasi View Post
    I heard over comms that one whole sector did not get dinner, it could have affected the concentration and caused weakness due to lack of nutrition...
    Yes, that is true. It is Sector 3. (happened on Friday, as far as I can remember) They were hungry (of course!) and came over to my Sector to ask for dinner! Poor souls. The food delivery crew screwed up big time.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    oh... the trackie is a she. she had an operation to straighten her ankle bone and i think she got some ligaments torn too. and did you see the person who helped her up after she went sprawling? that's me...
    On which lap did this happen? I watch the video again... see my fellow mate handsome on TV bo...

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    On which lap did this happen? I watch the video again... see my fellow mate handsome on TV bo...
    cannot remember but maybe around laps 12 to 14. i think it's during the 2nd Safety Car deployment.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

cannot remember but maybe around laps 12 to 14. i think it's during the 2nd Safety Car deployment.
    OK. Will watch out for you!

Yes, that is true. It is Sector 3. (happened on Friday, as far as I can remember) They were hungry (of course!) and came over to my Sector to ask for dinner! Poor souls. The food delivery crew screwed up big time.
    We didn't get our food until 8.30pm I think. The next day we all took more food from the mustering area just in case

There was also the case of the locked porta-loo. The contractor didn't unlock it until afternoon on the second day. A lot of comms people were radioing race control to get it unlocked. One sector was more resourceful. They decided to just break the lock.

We didn't get our food until 8.30pm I think. The next day we all took more food from the mustering area just in case

There was also the case of the locked porta-loo. The contractor didn't unlock it until afternoon on the second day. A lot of comms people were radioing race control to get it unlocked. One sector was more resourceful. They decided to just break the lock.
    same here. food arrived at 8.30pm. not too sure if this is the actual Food Run or the delivery is late. while waiting, we just chew on the energy bar.

as for the porta-loo... we just walk over to One Fullerton

some of the guys even got coffee from Starbucks.
    Last edited by mohgui; 6th October 2008 at 01:30 PM.

same here. food arrived at 8.30pm. not too sure if this is the actual Food Run or the delivery is late. while waiting, we just chew on the energy bar.

as for the porta-loo... we just walk over to One Fullerton

some of the guys even got coffee from Starbucks.
    Wah so shiok! Pee in style. We were at SRC and they had a problem with us using their loo. Not member cannot use. But I was in great distress and I begged them so they allowed me in..One of my team mates was not so lucky. Access denied!

Bro, you at Sector 3?

Bro, you forgot the SAF cookhouse guideline?...cooked food should be consumed within 3 hrs of cooking. You know the actual time those food at mustering area is cooked bo? If I tell you I think you will get a shock...those bento cai peng is for immediate consumption at sign on, not to keep until 5-6pm I hope your urgent distress seeking toilet was not because of that!

Bro, you forgot the SAF cookhouse guideline?...cooked food should be consumed within 3 hrs of cooking. You know the actual time those food at mustering area is cooked bo? If I tell you I think you will get a shock...those bento cai peng is for immediate consumption at sign on, not to keep until 5-6pm I hope your urgent distress seeking toilet was not because of that!
    if i'm not mistaken... i think the dinner on saturday is spoilt. the chicken and the vegetable tasted sour. i threw them away. had to settle for energy bars instead.

i heard people complaining about this over the radio-chatter. but looks like everyone made it to marshaling on sunday... hahaha.
    Last edited by mohgui; 6th October 2008 at 04:58 PM.

Extracted from official communication to all marshals:

"Dear all,

This is a gentle reminder to all officials not to publicly share or
    online any videos or photos taken during F1. Kindly be informed that
    FOM
    reserves the right to take legal action against anyone who does so.

Should you have uploaded any of such onto the web, please remove it
    immediately."
    Last edited by kiasi; 6th October 2008 at 07:52 PM.

Extracted from official communication to all marshals:

"Dear all,

This is a gentle reminder to all officials not to publicly share or
    online any videos or photos taken during F1. Kindly be informed that
    FOM
    reserves the right to take legal action against anyone who does so.

Should you have uploaded any of such onto the web, please remove it
    immediately."
    not as if we're using it for commercial purposes...
    My flickr! Album - Sony a6000 (CZ 24-70) / CZ 85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/montoyasg/

if i'm not mistaken... i think the dinner on saturday is spoilt. the chicken and the vegetable tasted sour. i threw them away. had to settle for energy bars instead.

i heard people complaining about this over the radio-chatter. but looks like everyone made it to marshaling on sunday... hahaha.
    Yes. We found the veggies sour too haaha but too hungry leow..

Bro, you at Sector 3?
    Nope. I was at a mirror point - 8.6 outside SRC.

my sector broke the lock

the contractor wasn't even around to unlock the toilet even after repeated calls to race control

Quote Originally Posted by MontoyaSG View Post
    my sector broke the lock

the contractor wasn't even around to unlock the toilet even after repeated calls to race control
    Well done bro! Well done!

not as if we're using it for commercial purposes...
    This is goddamn absurd!!

i believe we should ask emily for clarification because i believe most would have taken photos including your own sector's group photos

if even photos posted online not for commercial purposes are to be also taken down would be utter rubbish

i believe we should ask emily for clarification because i believe most would have taken photos including your own sector's group photos

if even photos posted online not for commercial purposes are to be also taken down would be utter rubbish
    Looks like a blanket email to cover their ass. No details or guidelines provided at all. I've asked Emily already but I'm not expecting a response.

If you look at the reportage and sports gallery in ClubSnap, you will see many threads started by spectators who took shots during the event. Do they have to remove them too? Or is this request exclusive to volunteers?
    Last edited by seankyh; 6th October 2008 at 09:18 PM.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425 ... LastLast