Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 volunteering.

Default Re: F1 volunteering.

I had a great time and I will gladly do it again. Met a lot of friends along the way and we got to know each other pretty well by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    I had a great time and I will gladly do it again. Met a lot of friends along the way and we got to know each other pretty well by the end.
    That's good, seankyh bro!

My sentiments too.

This info is for all F1 volunteers, GOOD NEWS - Ch 5 will repeat telecast the F1 Night Race on Sunday 5th Oct at 4pm. If you miss it this time, there will be no more chance to watch it again, because FIA will weed out all youtube and online broadcasts of the night race. Remember to catch it on Ch 5 later!

Did any of the F1 marshals get this T-shirt? http://209.85.175.104/search?q=cache...n&ct=clnk&cd=5

I have one!

Selling for $500!!! Crazy man...

Quote Originally Posted by kiasi View Post
    This info is for all F1 volunteers, GOOD NEWS - Ch 5 will repeat telecast the F1 Night Race on Sunday 5th Oct at 4pm. If you miss it this time, there will be no more chance to watch it again, because FIA will weed out all youtube and online broadcasts of the night race. Remember to catch it on Ch 5 later!
    A friend passed me a softcopy
    Last edited by seankyh; 5th October 2008 at 08:43 PM.

lucky you!

Anyway, who is the unlucky trackie who got his foot run over by the wheel while pushing the F1 car? Anybody knows him? Is he ok bo? No joke right...you all saw him limping away?

The ang moh sibei zai leh...come out onto hot track with the broom after the crash. This is what I call lead by example! sibei dangerous man,...somemore with back to oncoming traffic!

A friend passed me a softcopy
    how can i obtain the copy from you? i missed the repeat telecast... i'm overseas... sigh.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

lucky you!

Anyway, who is the unlucky trackie who got his foot run over by the wheel while pushing the F1 car? Anybody knows him? Is he ok bo? No joke right...you all saw him limping away?

The ang moh sibei zai leh...come out onto hot track with the broom after the crash. This is what I call lead by example! sibei dangerous man,...somemore with back to oncoming traffic!
    oh... the trackie is a she. she had an operation to straighten her ankle bone and i think she got some ligaments torn too. and did you see the person who helped her up after she went sprawling? that's me...

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    I have one!

Selling for $500!!! Crazy man...
    yah... what a crazy person.

if one to get this exclusive t-shirt... can get from me at $499.99... hahaha.

joking lah. won't even sell it. it's still in the plastic bag.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    oh... the trackie is a she. she had an operation to straighten her ankle bone and i think she got some ligaments torn too. and did you see the person who helped her up after she went sprawling? that's me...
    eh mohgui bro..are you serious? This kind of thing cannot joke leh...
    op to straighten ankle bone and torn ligaments can set you back close to $5000 - $8000 depending on class and also factoring in post op rehab and follow up costs, I'm not joking.

KNN, will it affect her walking gait in future bo? This kind of injury is no small matter leh...

All those who were not selected to be volunteers this year now you know why I say our job is not to be envied? It is not as simple as you all think.

mohgui bro, you got any updates on her condition bo? Maybe can ask Emily to update us all through the newsletter by Gabriel, let everyone know how she is doing and also to show some tranparency and accountability on the part of the Race Committee.
    Last edited by kiasi; 5th October 2008 at 10:16 PM.

how can i obtain the copy from you? i missed the repeat telecast... i'm overseas... sigh.
    PM me when you get back.

I head over the comms that a flag marshall had to be brought to hospital because a spectator fell on her. Not sure which flag point it was. Hope she was okay.

I head over the comms that a flag marshall had to be brought to hospital because a spectator fell on her. Not sure which flag point it was. Hope she was okay.
    Another one??!! wahlao eh! jialat leh....

I think someone should feedback to Emily to update us on through the newsletter about our fellow marshals' condition and what happened. I hope they will be transparent and won't try to cover up in order not to discourage people from volunteering next year.

I heard over comms that one whole sector did not get dinner, it could have affected the concentration and caused weakness due to lack of nutrition, so people fall down more easily also...SingaporeGP you all better get your meal delivery act together next year hor, this kind of thing cannot play play ok?

op to straighten ankle bone and torn ligaments can set you back close to $5000 - $8000 depending on class and also factoring in post op rehab and follow up costs, I'm not joking.

KNN, will it affect her walking gait in future bo? This kind of injury is no small matter leh...

All those who were not selected to be volunteers this year now you know why I say our job is not to be envied? It is not as simple as you all think.

mohgui bro, you got any updates on her condition bo? Maybe can ask Emily to update us all through the newsletter by Gabriel, let everyone know how she is doing and also to show some tranparency and accountability on the part of the Race Committee.
    this is now when the insurance coverage kicks in
    My flickr! Album - Sony a6000 (CZ 24-70) / CZ 85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/montoyasg/

she informed us that she is fine. she is recuperating after the ops. not sure about the cost of the ops... but thanks for your concern.

about the updates... not for me to inform. it's up to her to decide whether she wants the whole world to know.

wow... this is amazing!!! how can a spectator fall on a flag marshal?

PM me when you get back.
    thanks bro. will do just that

wow... this is amazing!!! how can a spectator fall on a flag marshal?
    My thoughts exactly. Then I thought about the grand stand and about how high some of the spectators are. It could happen. But I didn't hear about it the next day. This happened on Saturday. But I do know that she was sent to hospital and the spectator was okay.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324 ... LastLast