Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1116192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 volunteering.

Default Re: F1 volunteering.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Thanks Bro... Yup I agree the chicane from Fullerton to Esplanade Drive is quite sharp, probably they will slow enough to 1/250sec.

Does it allow me to bring DSLR? thanks for info.

../azul123
    bro... if you are visiting Turn 13 (which is the One Fullerton area), do look out for me. i'm stationed there (with the Manitou).

yes, you can bring the DSLR for shooting.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

No more photos liao, so wish all marshals GOOD LUCK! you all....ai zai ok...mai kalang kabo kancheong spider hor? If anything happen, mai kalang kabo chit tao chiong out hor...must be zai, our job is actually very dangerous, they try to play down the risk factor, but the truth is, this F1 race is going to throw up alot of unexpected surprises since it is the first time for F1 drivers and organiser. Our lives are on the line whenever we step out on the track hor...so all must be zai, very careful. See this amazing video of a race marshal siam the crash

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-o-v...speed_of_life/

Maybe tomorrow night I write a letter to tell my family I love them and put inside my orange pocket.......just in case................

Damn, they must organise a 20 course dinner at 6 star hotel to thank us and get President Nathan to shake our hands after this!
    Last edited by kiasi; 23rd September 2008 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiasi View Post
    See this amazing video of a race marshal siam the crash

wah... 3 car pile-up. the marshals there very heng... siam not once but twice... sibeh heng

this kind of scenario is possible in SG if it rains... and the likely place would be at Turn 13 (the lucky turn number). OMG... that's where i'll be

mohgui bro, check your email now...

light snacks and drinks?! WTF!!!

No more photos liao, so wish all marshals GOOD LUCK! you all....ai zai ok...mai kalang kabo kancheong spider hor? If anything happen, mai kalang kabo chit tao chiong out hor...must be zai, our job is actually very dangerous, they try to play down the risk factor, but the truth is, this F1 race is going to throw up alot of unexpected surprises since it is the first time for F1 drivers and organiser. Our lives are on the line whenever we step out on the track hor...so all must be zai, very careful. See this amazing video of a race marshal siam the crash

Maybe tomorrow night I write a letter to tell my family I love them and put inside my orange pocket.......just in case................

Damn, they must organise a 20 course dinner at 6 star hotel to thank us and get President Nathan to shake our hands after this!
    Ya guys... be careful don't take unecessary risks. You guys will be on TV

../azul123

Remember I mentioned the orange rebel alliance uniform they are making us wear? Just got a mail that we have to give back 2 of the 3 that they gave us..
    Maybe they want to reuse it for next year haahaa.. so, pangsai, pangjio be careful ok? If I'm volunteering again next year, I may just be wearing your suit haahaa

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    just flipped through the manual. yup... there are repeated pages as well as missing pages... sigh.

on the jumpsuit... either we go with the Rebel Alliance or we look like some Guantanamo Bay inmates...
    c**kmeat sandwich anyone?

mohgui bro, check your email now...

light snacks and drinks?! WTF!!!
    some cheapo appreciation dinner.

light snacks and drinks = supper and not dinner!!!

Angry Re: F1 volunteering.

SINGAPOREGP, LISTEN UP!

I am very angry and disappointed with singaporegp with the greek theatre thingie. I suggest all marshals read this and decide that we stand together and not take this lying down.

Alot of people made alot of personal sacrifice for this event, especially the Senior Marshals. Alot of them sacrificed alot of their own personal time in addition to what was required by the non senior marshals. Alot of them even spend their own money, sacrificed sleep, proper meal, transport charges etc on top of unrecorded personal time on their own in order to carry out their duties. Alot of them were already shagged out even before the actual event starting on 25th. All those trainings under the scorching hot sun was not easy to bear, especially when we have to factor in a mini shakedown within such a short timespan of the last gruelling training. This really takes alot out of us and cause us pre-event fatigue even before we start work.

They expect us to work 12hrs, starting from the scorching noon heat all the way until midnight or beyond, alot of us will be very tired and have barely enough rest when we have to struggle home with no dedicated transport arrangement specially for marshals, leaving us to struggle with the masses to go home. Although the mrt runs till 1.30am, we may reach home when the buses already stop running. How then are we to reach home, stranded halfway? Who bears the cab fare? Ourselves.

singaporegp expect us to make our own way to Cuscaden Rd to look for Simon, doing something that rightfully should be the responsibility of the organiser! This is really the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!....Chut kang ko tio chut lui?!

We would have worked and risked our own lives for almost four continuous days with three 12hrs days and then at the end of the LAST DAY when we are at our shaggiest and most scruffy and sweaty, you expect us to drop everything and rush over to greek theatre hopefully by 10pm in our smelly, sweat drenched overalls and scruffy dirty oily faces just for 'light snacks and drink' ??!!! And the best part is your one liner 'last train leaves at 1.30am'. HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU REALLY THINK WE HAVE TO ENJOY YOUR 'LIGHT SNACKS AND DRINK'??!!

HELLO SINGAPOREGP, DO YOU HAVE A CONSCIENCE??!!! IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT ALL THE SENIOR AND ORDINARY F1 MARSHALS WHO ARE PUTTING THIER LIVES ON THE LINE FOR YOU GUYS??!!!

singaporegp, you have dissappointed alot of truly good men and women who have sacrificed alot for you. It is still not to late to put it right. All marshals, please point those from the volunteers forum to read this and decide how you all want to unite together for a voice to be heard.

this is a serious post. I am not joking.

Just got my WalkAbout pass, now hoping it doesn't rain on race day.

../azul123

Member/Tangshooter

Good luck to all F1 volunteers! 2 more days for some ears deafening actions!
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

SINGAPOREGP, LISTEN UP!

I am very angry and disappointed with singaporegp with the greek theatre thingie. I suggest all marshals read this and decide that we stand together and not take this lying down.

Alot of people made alot of personal sacrifice for this event, especially the Senior Marshals. Alot of them sacrificed alot of their own personal time in addition to what was required by the non senior marshals. Alot of them even spend their own money, sacrificed sleep, proper meal, transport charges etc on top of unrecorded personal time on their own in order to carry out their duties. Alot of them were already shagged out even before the actual event starting on 25th. All those trainings under the scorching hot sun was not easy to bear, especially when we have to factor in a mini shakedown within such a short timespan of the last gruelling training. This really takes alot out of us and cause us pre-event fatigue even before we start work.

They expect us to work 12hrs, starting from the scorching noon heat all the way until midnight or beyond, alot of us will be very tired and have barely enough rest when we have to struggle home with no dedicated transport arrangement specially for marshals, leaving us to struggle with the masses to go home. Although the mrt runs till 1.30am, we may reach home when the buses already stop running. How then are we to reach home, stranded halfway? Who bears the cab fare? Ourselves.

singaporegp expect us to make our own way to Cuscaden Rd to look for Simon, doing something that rightfully should be the responsibility of the organiser! This is really the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!....Chut kang ko tio chut lui?!

We would have worked and risked our own lives for almost four continuous days with three 12hrs days and then at the end of the LAST DAY when we are at our shaggiest and most scruffy and sweaty, you expect us to drop everything and rush over to greek theatre hopefully by 10pm in our smelly, sweat drenched overalls and scruffy dirty oily faces just for 'light snacks and drink' ??!!! And the best part is your one liner 'last train leaves at 1.30am'. HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU REALLY THINK WE HAVE TO ENJOY YOUR 'LIGHT SNACKS AND DRINK'??!!

HELLO SINGAPOREGP, DO YOU HAVE A CONSCIENCE??!!! IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT ALL THE SENIOR AND ORDINARY F1 MARSHALS WHO ARE PUTTING THIER LIVES ON THE LINE FOR YOU GUYS??!!!

singaporegp, you have dissappointed alot of truly good men and women who have sacrificed alot for you. It is still not to late to put it right. All marshals, please point those from the volunteers forum to read this and decide how you all want to unite together for a voice to be heard.

well, this is singapore, not surprise that singaporegp screw the volunteers...
    u guys are at the bottom of the heap as far as they concern...

there was a ear protection issue in some of the previous posts.
    in the end, what do they issue for the track marshall as ear protection?

1 more things,
    u guys think that singapore gahmen will seed the rain cloud these few days? just like they did for all the previous national day?
    my guess, is most probably yes.

Quote Originally Posted by auron View Post
    there was a ear protection issue in some of the previous posts.
    in the end, what do they issue for the track marshall as ear protection?
    I saw somewhere can get the survival kit at the Gate, cost $2 which includes earplugs. I hope it doesn't rain.

../azul123

Ear plugs are included in the bum bag.

Aiyar be volunteer like that one ma. You won't even have time to enjoy the f1 village activities. Sometimes being a paid spectator has its own benefits, but then a paid spectator cant walk on the track.

just have fun and take life with a pinch of salt, and don't volunteer for next year lor. Today i saw so much people still working late till 11pm. Even saw Alonso behind the rehearsal for the drivers parade, studying the track, not once but twice ok. He cycle then drive buggy lei.

Anyway f1 is so safe lar just dont point your back to traffic, that is when accidents happen.

SINGAPOREGP, LISTEN UP!

any of u guys brought ur dslr to the final shakedown?? had a walk in the pitlane and felt bloody wasted for not bringing camera
    My flickr! Album - Sony a6000 (CZ 24-70) / CZ 85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/montoyasg/

I was there.. saw a lot of volunteers. some in orange and some in green coverall. forgot the other colors.

SingaporeGP, are you reading? I don't want to wash dirty linen here, but your asking volunteers to PAY for a dinner to appreciate OURSELVES is absolutely ridiculous and unfanthomable. Your later afterthought of a 'post race party' was simply a pathetic cheapskate excuse to fulfil your obilgation to show your 'appreciation' for all the sacrifices that the volunteers have made for this inaugural F1 Night Race. Your sincerity simply did not come across. I don't want to say too much here, but drinking out of a paper cup and with no proper seating facilities, cheap snacks, and with everyone deadbeat from rushing from their respective sectors on the final day of the race, with all of us looking unglam with our shag faces and dirty and smelly sweat-drenched bodies, just to stand around on the hot outdoor concrete ground, nibbling on those pathetic 'snacks' just shows how insincere you guys are about showing your 'appreciation'.

There wasn't even a proper changing facility at the mustering area for some decency to change into our overalls, we were just left to fend for ourselves like a bunch of Bangala construction workers, eating our food on the grass or dirty concrete floor, with dirty exhaust blowing out of the contruction vehicles around us and especially the girls who had no choice but to change into and wear the overalls OVER their miniskirt at the mustering area in full view of the public.

This is not how it is done, guys.

Especially when you are talking about something as unforgettable and of a grand and magnificent magnitude as a world class event like the world's FIRST F1 Night Race!

SingaporeGP, if your original intention was to exploit the volunteers to the fullest, while cutting back as much as possible on the costs of managing them, then you have achieved your aim. Getting us to pay for our own transport fares in order to return the overalls back to the supplier was the icing on the cake. Well done, SingaporeGP.

the whole process will repeat next year... another group of volunteer will be screwed just like this year....

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1116192021222326 ... LastLast